Siegel vs. Ridgeway

War Eagles

Siegel takes on Ridgeway tomorrow night at 8:45 at the Murphy Center in the Class AAA Semifinals. I expect another big game from Tyler Cutter, an Indiana State signee. I also expect big games from the trio of sophomores, Levon Tate, Marc Gooch, and Kerry Hammonds. If Siegel can play like they did tonight and handle Ridgeway's press, which killed Clarksville the game in the 2nd half tonight, they should be fine. Siegel by 5 in a close one. Go Stars /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Siegel takes on Ridgeway tomorrow night at 8:45 at the Murphy Center in the Class AAA Semifinals. I expect another big game from Tyler Cutter, an Indiana State signee. I also expect big games from the trio of sophomores, Levon Tate, Marc Gooch, and Kerry Hammonds. If Siegel can play like they did tonight and handle Ridgeway's press, which killed Clarksville the game in the 2nd half tonight, they should be fine. Siegel by 5 in a close one. Go Stars /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ridgeway wins by 7pts....

War Eagles,

The pace of the game will dictate Siegal's chances of defeating Ridgeway, IMO.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Seigal can keep the game in the 50's vs 70's, then they could hang with Ridgeway. They might even beat them. If Siegal attempts to run with Ridgeway, then expect a 10-14 pt RW victory. Should Siegal fall behind early and starts shooting very quick shots, in a hurried attempt to catch up, RW will coast to victory.

RW's nemisis is its half-court offense. No--they're not horrible at it; they just excel in the open court, whereby they really exploit their athlethicism....It's no coincedence that all 3 of RW's losses were those low-scoring affairs. Nevertheless, it's still going to take great execution on Siegal's behalf to stiffle Ridgeway.

Go Ridgeway!

War Eagles,

The pace of the game will dictate Siegal's chances of defeating Ridgeway, IMO.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Seigal can keep the game in the 50's vs 70's, then they could hang with Ridgeway. They might even beat them. If Siegal attempts to run with Ridgeway, then expect a 10-14 pt RW victory. Should Siegal fall behind early and starts shooting very quick shots, in a hurried attempt to catch up, RW will coast to victory.

RW's nemisis is its half-court offense. No--they're not horrible at it; they just excel in the open court, whereby they really exploit their athlethicism....It's no coincedence that all 3 of RW's losses were those low-scoring affairs. Nevertheless, it's still going to take great execution on Siegal's behalf to stiffle Ridgeway.

Go Ridgeway!

I think Siegel would like to see this game in the 80's. They have been doing it all year and I don't think Ridgeway is more talented. Jason Jones is better than anyone Siegel has and Carter is tough, but after that, Siegel has the most talent.

I think Siegel would like to see this game in the 80's. They have been doing it all year and I don't think Ridgeway is more talented. Jason Jones is better than anyone Siegel has and Carter is tough, but after that, Siegel has the most talent.

I haven't seen Siegel so I can make no comparison. Siegel may well win based on coaching, conditioning, desire, and it being a home game, but more talent, if you know Ridgeway will not be the reason they lose. Coach Henning does a great job of talent development and coordination of Memphis City Schools open enrollment policy... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Ridgeway, to me, looks as average as I have ever seen them. With that said, they turned up the pressure late and that got them the win.

The thing with Siegel though, is that they have proven to me that they can play any type of game. They have those two space eaters out there who can bang, and they have guys that break the pressure and look to score, where as, Clarksville had guys who broke the pressure to hurry-up and give the ball back to Tyrone.

Cutter, Gooch, and Hammonds play strong with the ball, so I don't know if the press will affect them the same way it did Clarksville.

If I'm Siegel, I play the same game defensively I played last night. Ridgeway looks like they can't shoot from the perimeter either.

I don't buy into the hype that much, but I think the Siegel Nation will have a huge factor in this game. I was actually kind of disappointed in their turnout yesterday. I can remember when they numbered in the 1,000 range a few years back. If they can pick their team up, they can win.

Antioch was a big disappointment after reading all the posts. I was hoping to see a run and gun game last night by both teams and Siegel did not disappoint but Antioch was anemic. After watching both Siegel and Ridgeway I was not impressed with Ridgeway. I think Siegel matches up well and should make it to the finals. Go 7AAA.