middle school baseball

musiclover

I realize this is a high school based site, but struggling to find this info.

I am looking for the guidlines for middle school ball. I have looked on the tssaa site, and it wasn't much help.

We have new coaches who are not certain of all the rules for pitching, substituting and such.

Anyone have suggestions on where to begin looking for this information?

And another quick question, if the starting pitcher of a game is pulled from that position, and put in the field, can he re-enter as a pitcher later in the game?

It has always been my understanding that no, he can not, but this occured in a game recently, and our coaches didn't know, and after shrugging their shoulders and asking the ump, he said it was permitted.

Personally, I think he just said that to get on with the game, and because the coaches obviously had no idea.

I realize this is a high school based site, but struggling to find this info.

I am looking for the guidlines for middle school ball. I have looked on the tssaa site, and it wasn't much help.

We have new coaches who are not certain of all the rules for pitching, substituting and such.

Anyone have suggestions on where to begin looking for this information?

And another quick question, if the starting pitcher of a game is pulled from that position, and put in the field, can he re-enter as a pitcher later in the game?

It has always been my understanding that no, he can not, but this occured in a game recently, and our coaches didn't know, and after shrugging their shoulders and asking the ump, he said it was permitted.

Personally, I think he just said that to get on with the game, and because the coaches obviously had no idea.

Here is the pitching rule for middle school found on the TSSAA website. As for substituting and general rules, your coach needs to contact the TSSAA office and purchase a copy of the NFHS rules book. Hope this helps.

http://www.tssaa.org/MiddleSchool/Sports.pdf

• 8 years later...