JUstin Blake

yankees8589

ESPN has Blake rated the number #59 SG in the country with a scouting grade of 78 ( just missing the 80-89 grade, so he is on the high end of 70-79). I'm not sure when the rankings were last updated. Out of the top 150 players in the country numbers 140 to 150 graded out at 82. My guess is Blake would rate anywhere from 175 to 225 by ESPN. To be honest though...I'm not as familiar with ESPN's player rankings and they stop at 150.

Scouts Inc. High School Grading System

90-100: Rare Prospect

Player demonstrates rare abilities and can create mismatches that have an obvious impact on the game. Has all the skills to take over a game and could be an impact player as a true freshman.

80-89: Outstanding Prospect

Player has the ability to create mismatches against most opponents and could contribute as a true freshman.

70-79: Good Prospect

Player does not dominate in every game, especially when matched up against the top players in the country. Could become a good starter at the Division I level.

60-69: Solid Prospect

This player is overmatched against the better players in the nation. His weaknesses will be exposed against top competition. Has the ability to develop into a solid contributor at the Division I level.

50-59: Prospect

Player has some redeeming qualities but is not projected to contribute at the Division I level.

45: Pending Prospect w/ film

Scouts Inc. has received film of the prospect and an evaluation is pending.

40: Pending Prospect

Player has redeeming qualities and is projected to contribute at the Division I level, however film has not yet been received.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN has Blake rated the number #59 SG in the country with a scouting grade of 78 ( just missing the 80-89 grade, so he is on the high end of 70-79). I'm not sure when the rankings were last updated. Out of the top 150 players in the country numbers 140 to 150 graded out at 82. My guess is Blake would rate anywhere from 175 to 225 by ESPN. To be honest though...I'm not as familiar with ESPN's player rankings and they stop at 150.

Scouts Inc. High School Grading System

90-100: Rare Prospect

Player demonstrates rare abilities and can create mismatches that have an obvious impact on the game. Has all the skills to take over a game and could be an impact player as a true freshman.

80-89: Outstanding Prospect

Player has the ability to create mismatches against most opponents and could contribute as a true freshman.

70-79: Good Prospect

Player does not dominate in every game, especially when matched up against the top players in the country. Could become a good starter at the Division I level.

60-69: Solid Prospect

This player is overmatched against the better players in the nation. His weaknesses will be exposed against top competition. Has the ability to develop into a solid contributor at the Division I level.

50-59: Prospect

Player has some redeeming qualities but is not projected to contribute at the Division I level.

45: Pending Prospect w/ film

Scouts Inc. has received film of the prospect and an evaluation is pending.

40: Pending Prospect

Player has redeeming qualities and is projected to contribute at the Division I level, however film has not yet been received.

C.J. Crittendon is rated at 40 which means they have no clue on how good he really is! & Justin Blake's rating is pretty much on spot he doesn't dominate every game just most of them /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

C.J. Crittendon is rated at 40 which means they have no clue on how good he really is! & Justin Blake's rating is pretty much on spot he doesn't dominate every game just most of them /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

After how CJ played at the boro....he WILL have eyes on him. Have no doubt that rating will go up especially if he plays AAU ball. Justin's seems on the money as of now.

Yep Montrell had trouble in academics and kept him out of bigger schools. What I have heard is CJ just gets by, just what I have heard, but from a very reliable source.

Ark St. just got a new coach, will be interesting to see how he might feel about Justin. I like his chances at playing Mid level D1. I think he will make a huge impact and be a good player.

I'm not sure grades would keep a kid from attending a state university ( of course their is a minimum standard that has to be met).Look at Wayne Chism at UT, he has a learning disability and really struggled in highschool. Normally if the grades aren't up to snuff a kid will have to go JUCO to get his academics in order...Like Ken Bingham from Mcnairy, Bingham was a big prospect but had to go to Three Rivers CC. Now he is ready to go D1, at least that's what someone posted on here a week ago. I watched Bingham for 4 years..his senior year Maryland called and asked for his transcripts but he didn't have the grades.

Yep Montrell had trouble in academics and kept him out of bigger schools. What I have heard is CJ just gets by, just what I have heard, but from a very reliable source.

Ark St. just got a new coach, will be interesting to see how he might feel about Justin. I like his chances at playing Mid level D1. I think he will make a huge impact and be a good player.

He could come to Tech. He would be a good fit for Coach Sutton. He likes his shooters, and we had a freshman this year with a sweet shot that got to start a few games. He could definitely be used with us losing our best guard. Not to mention Justin could play with a real post for once. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't know what or who he likes I am sure he has made many visits. I know UTM was asking about him when I helped them and now that they went from the bottom of the OVC and have Lester and Weddle it might help in getting some more recruits. They like MJ Brown and really liked Justin but I don't know if they are after either now.