Who are the best goalies in Middle Tennessee?

overton09

jordan leedle of brentwood

chandler farmer is good, but way overrated

overton's keepr is alright

Yeah Overton's kepper is Ahmed Al-zhyri (JR) made the All District Team this year only a junior pretty good goalie

he played very well against Indy but Overton came up short on a own goal with 3 mins left in the game 1-0 indy

hes not well known because, he plays on a team thats not that good this year he had to make some really good saves to keep them in games at times in the season.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Overton's kepper is Ahmed Al-zhyri (JR) made the All District Team this year only a junior pretty good goalie

he played very well against Indy but Overton came up short on a own goal with 3 mins left in the game 1-0 indy

hes not well known because, he plays on a team thats not that good this year he had to make some really good saves to keep them in games at times in the season.

I think the FATHER RYAN goalie... J.T...something... has done a phonominal job for Ryan this year. Shut out MBA three times in two weeks, shut out Baylor in Chattanooga... and seems to make great plays on a consistent basis. I have watched many of the D2 games and he just seems really strong.

I think the FATHER RYAN goalie... J.T...something... has done a phonominal job for Ryan this year. Shut out MBA three times in two weeks, shut out Baylor in Chattanooga... and seems to make great plays on a consistent basis. I have watched many of the D2 games and he just seems really strong.

i will agree with you except his name is Josh Phillips AKA JP

JP has been very strong this year and has not only been a success in goal but also on the field! he has made many many great saves including a pk save and 3 or 4 one on one saves in critical games including Hendersonville, MBA, Baylor, and JPII...hopefully he can keep playing solid for the rest of the season! Congrats on a great season thus far JP (not that i won't tell you in person)!

JP officially takes the prize! this outstanding young man not only had a phenomenal season, but blocked a pk in the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME to help the Irish win the Div II tournament...this keeper also put a solid pk in the back of the net to start the Irish off on their pk's! Not only did he block one, but he nearly blocked the second, but the ball bounced off his hands and hit the bottom of the crossbar to barely break the plane for a goal...also, this young man guessed correctly on EVERY SINGLE pk as to what side the ball was being placed! Not many professional keepers can do that! Congratulations on a great season, a state championship, and in my opinion the mvp of the match!

I've played with Jordan Leedle, James Holt, and JP. Jordan Leedle is by far the best keeper as far as making quick smart decision. He can also command his team better than the other two. James Holt's size is quite impressive he's a friggin giant and a good keeper. JP has great natural talent but is no where near Leedle or Holt. Leedle is by far superior at that position in the state of TN.

I've played with Jordan Leedle, James Holt, and JP. Jordan Leedle is by far the best keeper as far as making quick smart decision. He can also command his team better than the other two. James Holt's size is quite impressive he's a friggin giant and a good keeper. JP has great natural talent but is no where near Leedle or Holt. Leedle is by far superior at that position in the state of TN.

well... all of these goalies are great but today JP brought home a state title for Father Ryan and he showed great leadership, calm under pressure all season in big games, and gave his team the inspiration and confidence they needed to keep winning the big games. He commanded his team to a state championship... doesn't get any better than that. He was amazing today.

oh and i failed to mention that jp only allowed 9 goals all season! the last two goals that were scored on th irish this season were unfortunate own-goals... whatever you want to say JP helped direct these boys to a state championship! oh and he was also never scored on more than 1 this season except in 1 game...and two of those goals...one was a pk after a bad foul in the box, and the other was a goal that got in the back of the net because the players in the wall split leaving jp with nothing to do but watch...

JP was and is an outstanding keeper!

I wouldn't go as far as to say "Leedle is by far superior at that position in the state of TN." Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying he's a bad keeper because he's far from that. He's an extremely talented keeper. I've seen both play though, and from what I have seen, I would say James commands his team better. In the matches I've seen, James is much more vocal than Jordan is. James's size will work to his advantage more than Jordan's will at the collegiate level too.

Luke Hartman from Goodpasture Christian School would have be included in this list. He led an regular season unranked Goodpasture team to the state quarterfinals.

Goodpasture was involved in two shootouts in post season play - in the District final against CPA (11th in state) and in the Regional final against White House Heritage (3rd in the state). In those two pk shootouts, Luke stopped 4 of 8 pk shots taken at him. An incredible feat by any goalie standards.

And in a losing effort, impressively held Knoxville Catholic to two goals on 26 shots on goal.