Rankings Week 3

mjuhb

On A-AA I think the order is decent in terms of which teams are the best in each part of the state, HOWEVER, as with last year I think that you are over ranking the teams from west tennessee.

Westview, USJ, Madison and Northside are not top 10 teams. The representatives from A-AA west tenn. have been routinely trounced at the state tournament. Due to the lack of games played between teams in middle and west tn. I would think that by default the A-AA teams of middle tn. like FRA, MLK, HF, CPA, Station Camp should get the benefit of the doubt over the west tenn. teams.

i totally agree with what he is saying there is to much credit given to the west tenn teams when there is better talent in middle tenn station camp and cpa and others should definately be higher so i say revise that part but other than that nice job

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, first off i never once said cumberland was the team i was referring to. so please dont try to put words in my mouth, second of, i dont care how many state rings u have i have one as well, so i dont care. and i'm glad you enjoyed playing my family... thats awesome... ok now try and think people, don't just let the word division one cloud your judgement, yeah they do get the best of the best players FROM AMERICA!!! and lets face it they are just way way way to far behind the foreigners in the level of skill they bring to the field. i mean honestly on these NAIA teams there are players that are 24 years old that were playing professionaly in countries like germany, brazil, scotland, etc. and they are just better then the ppl from here in america. i love how ppl throw around D1 like it is so great, oh ben backstrom went to a D1 school... good for him, he's so great he went to a school that no longer even has a team lol... if he is so good why didnt he go to california, or texas to play.... now once again let me restate this, i do not think that NAIA would destroy the top teams in D1, i said that they would demolish most teams in D1, although i think NAIA is better, which they are, some D1 schools would give them fits, now let me be real clear here, i am talking about the top D1 schools, like wake forest, ohio state, virginia tech, and the top NAIA schools, which are Azusa Pacific, Lindsey Wilson, and Mobile. i dont even play soccer anymore so yeah, i could care less what you say about the cumberlands, and the TNFC team played cumberlands reserve team, and the reserve team didnt even play their starters for crying out loud, so dont give me that crap... like TNFC 90 could play with cumberlands real team LOL... HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, what a joke. oh yeah btw D1 is so great ohhh ben backstrom his team won 4 games lol, and they lost to Xavier which is a NAIA school oh wait they also lost to EVansville which is wait, yet another NAIA school, lol. once again HAHAHHAAHAHAHA but he is so great for going to D1 lol. what a joke. and being as good as king... CUMBERLANDS BEAT KING 3-1 SO GOOD ONE..... thats good enough to prove my point for now.

ok, first off i never once said cumberland was the team i was referring to. so please dont try to put words in my mouth, second of, i dont care how many state rings u have i have one as well, so i dont care. and i'm glad you enjoyed playing my family... thats awesome... ok now try and think people, don't just let the word division one cloud your judgement, yeah they do get the best of the best players FROM AMERICA!!! and lets face it they are just way way way to far behind the foreigners in the level of skill they bring to the field. i mean honestly on these NAIA teams there are players that are 24 years old that were playing professionaly in countries like germany, brazil, scotland, etc. and they are just better then the ppl from here in america. i love how ppl throw around D1 like it is so great, oh ben backstrom went to a D1 school... good for him, he's so great he went to a school that no longer even has a team lol... if he is so good why didnt he go to california, or texas to play.... now once again let me restate this, i do not think that NAIA would destroy the top teams in D1, i said that they would demolish most teams in D1, although i think NAIA is better, which they are, some D1 schools would give them fits, now let me be real clear here, i am talking about the top D1 schools, like wake forest, ohio state, virginia tech, and the top NAIA schools, which are Azusa Pacific, Lindsey Wilson, and Mobile. i dont even play soccer anymore so yeah, i could care less what you say about the cumberlands, and the TNFC team played cumberlands reserve team, and the reserve team didnt even play their starters for crying out loud, so dont give me that crap... like TNFC 90 could play with cumberlands real team LOL... HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, what a joke. oh yeah btw D1 is so great ohhh ben backstrom his team won 4 games lol, and they lost to Xavier which is a NAIA school oh wait they also lost to EVansville which is wait, yet another NAIA school, lol. once again HAHAHHAAHAHAHA but he is so great for going to D1 lol. what a joke. and being as good as king... CUMBERLANDS BEAT KING 3-1 SO GOOD ONE..... thats good enough to prove my point for now.

sounds like you feel like you have a lot to prove just getting a scholarship is a blessing no matter what it is and the education you receive is the most important and the relationships you develop over time so who cares what is better NAIA DIV I DIV II DIV III they all have quality just maybe not as much quantity or money but that is not what is important

What in the world?

Ezion...think logically here man. You cannot honestly think that NAIA teams are better. Ill give you like one or two of the BEST NAIA teams could possibly beat some lower top 30 teams. But you cannnot seriously be thinking Cumberlands is one of those. I have seen you play and your not even at the level of King college(NAIA) who has no player over the age of 21 on the team. I know that TNFC 90 played you guys last season and lost 2-0. With four starters missing. You cannot possibly think youd be able to compete with Western Kentucky or the top teams in their conference.

Stop your hating on players and teams. Ill give you that NAIA is a different kind of soccer but D-1 is D-1 and will win almost every time. Id love to see your team play where Daniel Kelley is now playing..he is from Nashville and went D-1 Ezion...whered he go again...Indiana....? Yeah id like to see that one

Hey Pinball, Western Kentucky was scheduled to play Cumberlands in a few weeks. The way I heard it was that this was to give some college coaches a chance to look at the WKU players that need homes....so they (WKU) have something to be playing for. I will try and reach to Cumberlands coach and see if the game is still on. Since it is very close, you could drive and see for yourself. Personally, I think the Cumberlands will destroy WKU......division 1 or not. Also, the best team in the NAIA, Azuza Pacifica, could easily play ANY top 10 Div 1 team. Yes, they were that good!

okay ezion i will agree with you on one point, soccer overseas is better then in america. That is an obvious statement but the U.S. is doing what it can to improve that. But i want to make one thing clear to your obviously crowded brain. The really good players from overseas, stay overseas and join with the clubs. They dont come over here looking for a random college in U.S.(where soccer is not as good apparently) to play for. You have some problems that you might want to fix before you post once more.

TNFC 90 is a solid team, heck they had all of there seniors sign D1 except one who was looking at WKU and we can all see what happened there, which i would say is pretty solid. Wouldn't you?

Backstrom is good. Watched him play in the title game and he is solid, just unlucky on the choice in schools.

Brentwood just beat the second ranked team in the nation, I would say that's not to shabby eh?

So if NAIA is so much better, why does everyone want to play D1? I mean wouldnt all the kids, such as daniel kelly, want to play with the best competition in American? I mean if i had the opportunity to play NAIA i would totally choose that over being on the U-20 national team, that's not even a question!!

Lets just get one thing straight and in ezion's head, D1 is D1 for a reason, it is better and more recognized soccer!

ok, once more the foreigners that come over are not the best of the best in the overseas, but they are still better the the best from here. a professional player from germany is way way way better then a senior soccer player from america, i dont care who he is daniel kelly or not. if you have ever even seen a high end NAIA game, which i am pretty sure most of you havent, it would blow your mind at the way they move and the way they do everything perfectly. if you have ever seen Azusa Pacific play or Mobile, they are so much better then the players in D1 look at Radcliffe, the older one, that was a 3 time all american and a starter for D1, he was good i'll give him that, but he is absolutely nothing compared to the players i have seen in NAIA. D1 is more well known because they have big schools and a lot more people. why do ppl go to D1 schools over NAIA schools probably because they like bigger campuses, parties, things, like that you have to remember they go to schools for more then just soccer. and the foreigners come over here to play because they can get a free ride to college because they r that good at soccer, and most of them are decently smart so they realize they need to go to college.

WOW your are absolutely ignorant...first of all evansville is def not naia. they play in the missouri valley conference with western kentucky...wow you are so dumb and your second supposed naia team xavier plays in the atlantic ten conference...also division one. western did play one naia team berea and beat them 3-0 in a monsoon...berea was worse than most high school teams...cool division HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA and not too mention western started 1 or 0 seniors every game but i guess you just couldnt cut it at cumberlands...that is a tough school to play for...sike. i just dont understand why you and your family enjoys hatin on kids...cool life

ok, once more the foreigners that come over are not the best of the best in the overseas, but they are still better the the best from here. a professional player from germany is way way way better then a senior soccer player from america, i dont care who he is daniel kelly or not. if you have ever even seen a high end NAIA game, which i am pretty sure most of you havent, it would blow your mind at the way they move and the way they do everything perfectly. if you have ever seen Azusa Pacific play or Mobile, they are so much better then the players in D1 look at Radcliffe, the older one, that was a 3 time all american and a starter for D1, he was good i'll give him that, but he is absolutely nothing compared to the players i have seen in NAIA. D1 is more well known because they have big schools and a lot more people. why do ppl go to D1 schools over NAIA schools probably because they like bigger campuses, parties, things, like that you have to remember they go to schools for more then just soccer. and the foreigners come over here to play because they can get a free ride to college because they r that good at soccer, and most of them are decently smart so they realize they need to go to college.

What your saying is kind of stupid, like you continue to change what you said because you realize how bad is sounded. Im sure D2 teams can beat some D1 teams as well but it doesnt mean that that school is immediately better! Look at Happy Appy, they beat michigan this year in football and does that immediately make them a much better and stronger team then the already proven wolves? D1 is called D1 for a reason, its the best of the best.

Like people said before, D1 is D1....everyone who plays club dreams of playing for a D1 school....because thats where the best competition is....we all want to become the best player we can......and D1 provides the right things to become that better player.....im playing D1 right now and i know that if i would've gone to and NAIA or any other division (no disrespect) i wouldnt have been to exposed the high level of soccer that is D1. On the flip side....Ezion has a point....im sure that there are some solid NAIA schools that could keep up with some D1 schools BUT there is no freakin way that NAIA is all around better than D1....and in the end it is SOCCER and anything can happen......thats my opinion.....

bahahahaha you lose thanks.