Rankings Week 3

mjuhb

Are you guys done thumping your chests yet? Can we move on from my schools better than your school? Because you will never convince one side over the other. If not, we'll just link this to the college thread and you can continue ad nauseam. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Tron, what did you think of your college visit last week?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or isn't there a rule in college sports stating that you can't have played professional sports anywhere, so how could these players be professional players, ezion....They are solid players from overseas who didn't make it to the professional level and they find a place to go to school and play soccer in America, but if they had ever played professional soccer I don't believe they would be allowed to play college soccer.

And you claim that TNFC '90 played the reserve team from Cumberlands and lost, well I highly doubt that is true because I also know of a mediocre '91 from Knoxville played the reserves to a 2-1 game that was very close, and this team is nothing on TNFC's level.

first i no longer play soccer because i got married and have a family to take care of. anyways, NAIA gets the foreigners that played for the u19 and u20 national teams from their countries, which is way better the the players from here. and yes NAIA can get professional players, as long as they aren't playing professionally while in college. lets look at this from a different perspective... america gets their top of the line players from where? D1 schools, and look at us... MLS is a joke, our American national team is not very good, and where did all of these players come from D1 schools... oh but man oh man D1 is so amazing.... what a joke.

Ezion...... long time no see.... i don't know if you know who this is but i play at UC. As for the games that took place between the club team and the reserve squads at UC. I wouldn't pay a bit of attention to any of them. No player that plays any varsity played in any of these games. We have a reserve squad of about 25 kids or more. Big difference between varsity 1-16 (when they're are 24 strictly varisty) and reserve 14-25 (who play against the club teams). Also when you guys are arguing over dumb things remember to check your facts. There are TWO cumberlands (one in tn and KY) U of the C is in KY and C university in TN. The one in TN played TNFC.

Tron.... you are an incredible player and i know you could play ANYWHERE you want (D-1-D-III and NAIA). I have no clue why ezion is bashing you. Ezion..... dude chill. You know how good are varsity squad is. We do have two players that were on the national team pool (both coming from region I which speaks volumes) and other players (from other countries) who would have been on these teams had they been in the states. i'll take top players in NAIA over NCAA any day of the week. These guys go back to there countries and play pro and for national teams. You'd be suprised the things that some forigners would give up for an american education.

I'm sorry but for all you who argue that D-I is D-I because that's what it is called are (for a lack of a better way to put it) idiots. D-I is NCAA D-I and NAIA is NAIA. Simply as that!!!!! NO CONNECTION to one another. Not even goverened by the same body of gov. that's like argueing that WWF is WWF because IT IS THE WORLD WRESLTING FERDERATION and and WWE is a knock off because it's name. That arguement is a joke.

People listen to Psudo...... and Tron bash berea all you want but a pikeville college (worse team in NAIA) scored more goals on them in there first year then you all did. Berea playing UC would be a joke. Tron i have played them and if you all only beat them by three then i wouldn't be worried about any other NAIA program. i don't care what the conditions were. We are KILLING teams that KILLED Berea. Bearea plays in the weakest conference in the nation and they still don't even compete in the top 4 of the conference. Oh and for the KING game comment..... game was not even close. they scored in the last minutes with possetion being like 70-30 in our favor. Time before that when we played them it was 4-0 and that was when they were 17 in the land. Don't bash teams you know NOTHING about. As for Azuza Pacific..... They would beat any D-I team you put in front of them.

Psudo..... we no longer play western and it's a shame.

and one more thing. NAIA allows former pro and national team players to play.... REMEMBER WE ARE NOT IN NCAA AFFILIATED!!!!! That's why D-I is called D-I, because it's NCAA D-I (with recruiting restrictions) not NCAA AND NAIA D-I.

As for the D-I vs. NAIA..... my argueement was made in the TITLE IX post.

Ezion..... People are going to continue to think D-I is better because it dominates all other sports and gets more publicity. I once criticized your dad when he told me that your brother wanted to play at UC. I felt like because he could have, he should have been playing D-I. I have learned since. People will learn one day the truth about college soccer.

I will try and settle this.

I go to the University of the Cumberlands, my name is Craig Cook.

(hi everybody)

NAIA is wierd, we got the best teams and the worst teams. If you look at teams like Pikeville, they are very weak, i would say that any high school team making it to the state tournament could beat them, no joke. I we beat them around 20-0 or something like that, maybe 19.

However, we also have the best teams, for instance Lindsey Wilson and Azuza Pacific, not to mention Rio Grande.

Lindsey Wilson had 1 American on thier team last year (or maybe the year before, i don't remember which). A lot of their players are from Trinidad and they are 23 years old. They are the fastest people i have ever played, These players play NAIA for one year, must of them just to get lousy grades and finish their degree, however, these are super stars back home.

Rio Grande had 10 English people on their team and 1 Brazilian. (I think maybe 7 of the Englishmen started, and one was a former rugby player, huge).

Azuza Pacific, I am not sure where they came from, but i think both of their forwars just went to MLS, i know one of them did. This kid was amazing.

As for my team, we had a Scottish player who played for the U18 national team, a Polish guy who played pro in Canada (he moved there at a young age). We jus had a player go to the division under MLS who was from England, we have players from all over the place. Right now we have 4 players from Brazil, 1 Columbian, 1 German, 2 Englishmen, 1 Croatian, 1 Polish, 1 Japanese, 1 Costa Rican (moved to Miami), and 1 Somalian (red-shirted last year)

Not saying that my team is the best, just showing NAIA has people from many different countries.

NAIA does not have as many restrictions on who can play, I think div. 1 has grade limits and maybe age limits and stuff. But not in NAIA, we can pick-up almost anybody.

Anyway, here is what i am getting at, the best NAIA teams would demolish the best Div. 1 teams. notice i said best, because like i said NAIA has some very weak teams.

I also think that the style of play is just better than Div. 1 soccer. (thats just me) we possess and move as a unit, it is not so, long ball. We played some decent long ball teams, and ate them up. I am sure that Div. 1 teams would be better at it because they put more of a focus on strong, fast players.

NAIA is more of a controlled game and it seems that it would be harder to perfect. (my opinion)

the reason why everyone wants to go to div. 1 is because that is where the money is. Lok at NAIA schools and div. 2 schools. Our facilities are not as nice, maybe not a large stadium or huge amount of fans going to games because the schools are small. I know i love playing in the few games where there are even 1,000 fans. Our biggest fan base my freshman year was at Lee University, I loved it, i wish i could have that more. We just do not have as much money or recognition. Do you see NAIA games on tv? if you have tell me, because i havent.

I can see the pull for div. 1 schools.

Of course foreign players com to NAIA schools to get a degree, but the reason they are at school is because of soccer, they know that. So they play first and school later.

Anyway, to wrap up. NAIA's best teams would beat div. 1's top teams, however, a lot of NAIA teams do not have the resources to make greta teams, and guess where they pull from? yep, Americans who want to play at the next level. just my thoughts.

just wanna say

GO AMERICA!!! (after all thought i sound like a hypocrite, but i think American soccer is catching up and i think we will win the World Cup after this upcoming one).

hope this helps

I think Lindsey Wilson has played Indiana, maybe two times, and they beat them both times. Granted i think they were in the off-season. I heard this from a Lindsey player, so i am thinking it is viable info.

man, if i would have know you were going to settle it, i would not have bothere.

hey man, look at UC getting represented, yea

I just looked back and saw that WKU beat Berea 3-0, what a shame.

Berea is one of those NAIA teams that end up as the worst teams, i do not even know how they got that game.

anyway, cya at practice, in the rain.

oh my it's craig cook..... you should just give up the game of soccer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you couldn't make a pass if your life depended on it!!!!!! and get a hair cut... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You said it better....

by the way i don't think it's raining....

People listen to Psudo...... and Tron bash berea all you want but a pikeville college (worse team in NAIA) scored more goals on them in there first year then you all did. Berea playing UC would be a joke. Tron i have played them and if you all only beat them by three then i wouldn't be worried about any other NAIA program. i don't care what the conditions were. We are KILLING teams that KILLED Berea. Bearea plays in the weakest conference in the nation and they still don't even compete in the top 4 of the conference. Oh and for the KING game comment..... game was not even close. they scored in the last minutes with possetion being like 70-30 in our favor. Time before that when we played them it was 4-0 and that was when they were 17 in the land. Don't bash teams you know NOTHING about. As for Azuza Pacific..... They would beat any D-I team you put in front of them.

ucsoccer what i have learned from playing a year in d1 college soccer is that ANYTHING can happen...pretty much any team can beat any team on any given day...its so different from high school. in college "most" teams can compete with most other teams. in the case of our season last year, pretty much every game was extrememly close. we were beating creighton (number 10 team in the nation at the time) 1-0 all game and then they scored two goals in the last ten minutes. creighton went to the sweeet sixteen and another team from our conference (bradley) made it to the elite eight and i must say i wasnt not impressed with either team. but then we would go from that game to playing a middle of the pack d1 school and the game would be just as close. this may have been do to our extreme youth with only one senior who played most games but it just seemed like most teams were equal in talent. we actually played berea for senior night and it had been raining for three days (it rains all the time here in kentucky) our coach didnt want to cancel senior night so we decided to play in the rain. the thing was because of the rain our field was completly flooded so we had to play on our football field (cuz of the turf) lets just say most of my teammates could care less about the game (actually had a few drink before the game) we played all our seniors and our usually starters got a rest. i only played 10 mins so 3-0 outcome is what it is....a win. but i must say they were really really bad. i felt bad for them but they were really excited to play a d1 team so it was all good.

Tron, let me begin by saying (and i'm sure that i've stated this in another thread) i do not mean to belittle your team or you in any way. You are a talented player and yes i have watched you play on more then a couple occasions, so i'm not just going on what everyone else is saying. I'm just trying to tell you tron..... you guys (once again under NO curcumstances) should have never played that team that close of a score. To put a little perspective on the situation for everyone, i'll make a comparision between the strength of these two teams............ according to everyone since D-I is sooooooo awesome i would have to say that Western would be equal to Bearden and Bearea would be the level of Knox Central (and that's actually a complement to Bearea). Seen Bearea and have played against them twice. now if we saw a score Bearden 3 central 0 would we all not doubt how good Bearden is at least a little?My point is tron everyone talks about the weak teams in NAIA and forget the strength of NAIA. D-I is the same way. I could go all day telling you that my team could beat any midocre D-I team (Radford who we absoultly dominated) and then tell you that because of this NAIA is better. Does that make any sense? I have watched more NAIA games then NCAA, but i have watched ALOT of NCAA teams (D-I through D-III). For those who don't know me, it's been a while since i've been in high school (graduated in 04). Since graduating (and even before) all i have been consumed with is the college game. I have done my homework. Since my Junior year all i've been working on is playing in college. I can tell you playing styles of all the top NAIA programs and pretty much the playing style of top D-I teams (they generally all play the same with little differences). There is no comparison that NAIA is more consistant and dangerous then D-I. Once again guys do your homework and tell me some NEW stuff. If ANYONE can tell me HOW Azuza pacific, Lindsey wilson, Rio grande, or even Auburn Montgomery plays then you might be able to argue. Can anyone truly be able to argue if they have not seen the top NAIA? Study the college game alittle more then talk....Sorry guys i understand that since birth we have been conditioned that D-I is better.......... i know who UCLA, INDIANA, Duke, and other D-I programs are NOT just because of their soccer program but because of their all around status as a major universtiy. Did you all ever consider that? Karns will beat CAK because Karns is Soooo much bigger then Cak. That is the same argument that everyone is making. It's not about size, publicity or classification. The players and coach are what make a program successed. Wanna know why most never hear about these schools? because locals go to these schools and they recruit the athletes from other areas. Sorry that we don't run advertisment around the world. We know who these schools are but untill you can start telling me more about their soccer programs and concetrate less about the school in general then we can begin to talk. Untill then everything is based on sterotypical statements.Tron, let me begin by saying (and i'm sure that i've stated this in another thread) i do not mean to belittle your team or you in any way. You are a talented player and yes i have watched you play on more then a couple occasions, so i'm not just going on what everyone else is saying. I'm just trying to tell you tron..... you guys (once again under NO curcumstances) should have never played that team that close of a score. To put a little perspective on the situation for everyone, i'll make a comparision between the strength of these two teams............ according to everyone since D-I is sooooooo awesome i would have to say that Western would be equal to Bearden and Bearea would be the level of Knox Central (and that's actually a complement to Bearea). Seen Bearea and have played against them twice. now if we saw a score Bearden 3 central 0 would we all not doubt how good Bearden is at least a little?My point is tron everyone talks about the weak teams in NAIA and forget the strength of NAIA. D-I is the same way. I could go all day telling you that my team could beat any midocre D-I team (Radford who we absoultly dominated) and then tell you that because of this NAIA is better. Does that make any sense? I have watched more NAIA games then NCAA, but i have watched ALOT of NCAA teams (D-I through D-III). For those who don't know me, it's been a while since i've been in high school (graduated in 04). Since graduating (and even before) all i have been consumed with is the college game. I have done my homework. Since my Junior year all i've been working on is playing in college. I can tell you playing styles of all the top NAIA programs and pretty much the playing style of top D-I teams (they generally all play the same with little differences). There is no comparison that NAIA is more consistant and dangerous then D-I. Once again guys do your homework and tell me some NEW stuff. If ANYONE can tell me HOW Azuza pacific, Lindsey wilson, Rio grande, or even Auburn Montgomery plays then you might be able to argue. Can anyone truly be able to argue if they have not seen the top NAIA? Study the college game alittle more then talk....Sorry guys i understand that since birth we have been conditioned that D-I is better.......... i know who UCLA, INDIANA, Duke, and other D-I programs are NOT just because of their soccer program but because of their all around status as a major universtiy. Did you all ever consider that? Karns will beat CAK because Karns is Soooo much bigger then Cak. That is the same argument that everyone is making. It's not about size, publicity or classification. The players and coach are what make a program successed. Wanna know why most never hear about these schools? because locals go to these schools and they recruit the athletes from other areas. Sorry that we don't run advertisment around the world. We know who these schools are but untill you can start telling me more about their soccer programs and concetrate less about the school in general then we can begin to talk. Untill then everything is based on sterotypical statements.

Is it just me or isn't there a rule in college sports stating that you can't have played professional sports anywhere, so how could these players be professional players, ezion....They are solid players from overseas who didn't make it to the professional level and they find a place to go to school and play soccer in America, but if they had ever played professional soccer I don't believe they would be allowed to play college soccer.

And you claim that TNFC '90 played the reserve team from Cumberlands and lost, well I highly doubt that is true because I also know of a mediocre '91 from Knoxville played the reserves to a 2-1 game that was very close, and this team is nothing on TNFC's level.

in NCAA there is, and also you cannot be playing pro while you are playing college. For instance Lindsey Wilson had a player (i think he was a bencher) who was playing some kind of pro ball and Lindsey had to forfeit five games, they still made it to the national tournament though.

My team has players on it that have played professionally in their countries.

Players from other countries love to get a degree from an American school, and thus that is why they come here, but there ticket to a degree is soccer. These players know what is expected from them, so they play. The more i think about it, the more i realize that DI needs to lessen its restrictions on foreign players, for they could really benefit their teams, and American players for that matter, the best way to get better is to play with or against better people/teams.

I really think that some things need to change before American soccer is going to be a powerhouse.

I recall our reserves playing against 2 TN teams, one was the crush b/c they were wearing orange, and the other i didn't get to see, so i don't know.