Baylor School Lacrosse: Taking the State by Storm

lacrosse

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for an intelligent answer. Obviously whoever started this thread was not from Baylor. This is Baylor's 2nd year for lacrosse...and as you said it takes time to develop a program.

It??™s doubtful anyone from Baylor started this. Being an SI top 25 school usually means these stunts just aren??™t part of the equation, not to mention tolerated. Some of the responses unfortunately appear to be just as immature. It was good to see that at least a few took the high road and submitted good comments.

Baylor wasn??™t ranked the number one athletic school in Tennessee for nothing and it should be no surprise that they hired Jon Bloom to coach. People in the Nashville area remember him for making Webb BB a legit D1 team a few years ago. Apparently he??™s added a couple of other coaches that played college ball as well. It??™s probably only a matter of time before Baylor catches up with the rest of the TN teams.

Spreading participation of a relatively small amount of male students over track, baseball, soccer, tennis, crew and now lacrosse is a trick. However, with the ability to hire a top notch coach, I have no doubt that The Baylor School for Boys and Girls will quickly rise to mediocrity in just a few short years. Of course, being a "SI Top 25 School", there may not be enough patience to develop the program and they'll drop it as they did several years ago. When your tennis team is getting whacked 0-9 by the boys in blue across the river, resources might have to be diverted from lacrosse to bring in expensive talent from Zimbabwe and Germany.

Spreading participation of a relatively small amount of male students over track, baseball, soccer, tennis, crew and now lacrosse is a trick. However, with the ability to hire a top notch coach, I have no doubt that The Baylor School for Boys and Girls will quickly rise to mediocrity in just a few short years. Of course, being a "SI Top 25 School", there may not be enough patience to develop the program and they'll drop it as they did several years ago. When your tennis team is getting whacked 0-9 by the boys in blue across the river, resources might have to be diverted from lacrosse to bring in expensive talent from Zimbabwe and Germany.

You obviously do not know Coach Bloom. As long as he is there Baylor will field a Lacrosse team and it will keep improving. USN has less boys than Baylor and they have done pretty well over the years, Baylor has plenty of male athletes to keep all their programs running.

You obviously do not know Coach Bloom. As long as he is there Baylor will field a Lacrosse team and it will keep improving. USN has less boys than Baylor and they have done pretty well over the years, Baylor has plenty of male athletes to keep all their programs running.

Well said.

yeah, you guys sure are modest. and no offense but the east division doesnt look very strong. signal mt is 0-5 and you guys only beat them 10-3. you got crushed by webb bellbuckle, a D-1 team that isn't that good. as far as the top teams in division 2, Ryan, Brentwood and i guess cookeville (i just haven't seen them or any other teams play that I thought were top teams), you dont see those teams making their own post pages. As a matter of fact, you dont even see MUS, CBHS, or MBA making their own pages and those are some of the best teams in the STATE year in and year out (not to leave our ravenwood or mccallie.) my point is either back it up with your play, or just dont talk at all. I'll wait to believe your "dominance" when I see it.

Brentwood beat Signal Mountain today 17-1 or something like that.