Single A baseball, Whos the best?

Eagles23

Hey if anyone should know about not standing a chance in the Boro it would be Cascade. If my memory serves me correctly they left the Boro in 07 quicker than a scud missle leaving Baghdad.

But they did make it to the State tourney correct??? You did say the Boro where the state is played at, and not that Cascade didnt stand a chance in their district or regional right? I was just making sure that I heard that correctly. You have officially made yourself a hater. Not sure who you root for but your team must not be that good if your hating on one of the best baseball teams is 1A.

Whats that got to do with the price of eggs in China? I didnt know Shelbyville had made the jump to Single A?

No Shelbyville has not made the jump to Single A but I do beleive Cascade beat your #1 overall in your AAA district at their place. Not too bad for little ol Cascade huh???

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have heard everyone better lookout for SUMMERTOWN and RICHLAND.

I'd also beware of the defending 1A State Champs -Friendship Christian. They might have lost 7-8 Srs. off last yrs team but still have managed to consistently beat all challengers in 1A with their only losses being to out of state 4a,5a, and 6a teams in AL, Goodpasture, and 3A teams in TN.

I would also say JCS, Lookout Valley, Rockwood, and McKenzie will be contenders.

As for Cascade the might be ready to join the elite in 1A but will have to be more consistent at the plate. A recent 12-2 home loss to FC and an upset to HUNTLAND might have been just the ticket to get them focused.

But they did make it to the State tourney correct??? You did say the Boro where the state is played at, and not that Cascade didnt stand a chance in their district or regional right? I was just making sure that I heard that correctly. You have officially made yourself a hater. Not sure who you root for but your team must not be that good if your hating on one of the best baseball teams is 1A.No Shelbyville has not made the jump to Single A but I do beleive Cascade beat your #1 overall in your AAA district at their place. Not too bad for little ol Cascade huh???

Not too bad until they lost to a below average Huntland team the very next night at home. This arrogant attitude will get them eliminated in the sectional before they can even get back to the Boro. Single A baseball is, lets be honest, not very competitive especially in Cascade's district and region. It is really, really weak this year. Give them credit...they have knocked off a couple solid AAA teams, but that's baseball. It's also like the World Series for a Single A team when they get to face a big school, whereas the big school has everything to lose and absolutely nothing to gain. Summertown, Richland, Columbia Academy could all easily beat Cascade in the sectional after they breeze through their region. Still wondering how and why Shelbyville entered the equation? One thing about the Eagles, their schedule has been absolutely brutal, much more so than Cascade's brutal slate of Unionville, Boyd Christian, Van Buren County, Cornersville, Clarksville Academy, Huntland, and a very down Chapel Hill team. It's easy to develop a nice-looking record against these type of teams. Again, Cascade is a nice team, but nothing to write home about. You'll see...it will all play out in the upcoming tournaments. It could be a hard fall for a team that has been built up in the papers as almost unbeatable, especially the way they smother those pearls with cowhide.

Not too bad until they lost to a below average Huntland team the very next night at home. This arrogant attitude will get them eliminated in the sectional before they can even get back to the Boro. Single A baseball is, lets be honest, not very competitive especially in Cascade's district and region. It is really, really weak this year. Give them credit...they have knocked off a couple solid AAA teams, but that's baseball. It's also like the World Series for a Single A team when they get to face a big school, whereas the big school has everything to lose and absolutely nothing to gain. Summertown, Richland, Columbia Academy could all easily beat Cascade in the sectional after they breeze through their region. Still wondering how and why Shelbyville entered the equation? One thing about the Eagles, their schedule has been absolutely brutal, much more so than Cascade's brutal slate of Unionville, Boyd Christian, Van Buren County, Cornersville, Clarksville Academy, Huntland, and a very down Chapel Hill team. It's easy to develop a nice-looking record against these type of teams. Again, Cascade is a nice team, but nothing to write home about. You'll see...it will all play out in the upcoming tournaments. It could be a hard fall for a team that has been built up in the papers as almost unbeatable, especially the way they smother those pearls with cowhide.

you are absolutely right it mus be very brutal for a AAA school to play teams like Moore co and harriman. Last time I checked Cascasde has no choice but to play against Community Boyd Christian Forrest and Van Buren thats what happens with district play you are required to play the teams in your district.

just to compare the some common opponents

Shelbyville split with lincoln co. Cascade beat them at lincoln co.

Blackman run ruled shelbyville at Shelbyville. Cascade beat blackman at Blackman

They both destroyed Harriman.

Take it for what it's worth

LOL I am assuming you did not read where Cascade pitched their 5TH pitcher in the rotation against Huntland. Everything you stated somehow turned into an excuse. If Cascade beats a solid AAA their is an excuse but when they lose to Huntland they are Arrogant??? I dont understand what your stance is? Cascade is a smaller school which is why they play single A ball. Shelbyville is bigger which is why they play AAA. Cascade has a very solid ball club and I am not on here saying they will win it all I am however stating that they are one of the best single A teams. If Cascade beats Lincoln County which they did and Lincoln County won their district why can't Cascade compete with that district. I give Cascade credit for going out and playing tough teams out of their district play. Check the schedule, maybe then you will realize they have won over 20 games again this season not only because of their district games. great job by all of the players and Coaches on another great regular season of baseball!

LOL I am assuming you did not read where Cascade pitched their 5TH pitcher in the rotation against Huntland. Everything you stated somehow turned into an excuse. If Cascade beats a solid AAA their is an excuse but when they lose to Huntland they are Arrogant??? I dont understand what your stance is? Cascade is a smaller school which is why they play single A ball. Shelbyville is bigger which is why they play AAA. Cascade has a very solid ball club and I am not on here saying they will win it all I am however stating that they are one of the best single A teams. If Cascade beats Lincoln County which they did and Lincoln County won their district why can't Cascade compete with that district. I give Cascade credit for going out and playing tough teams out of their district play. Check the schedule, maybe then you will realize they have won over 20 games again this season not only because of their district games. great job by all of the players and Coaches on another great regular season of baseball!

It's not about them being arrogant and losing to Huntland. It's about you all getting on here and bragging about how good Cascade is and bringing up Shelbyville in the discussion for no reason. What's your beef with Shelbyville? They are in the same county and you're trying to belittle them. Doesn't make much sense to me. And yes they did play Moore County (originally part of Tullahoma Classic) and Harriman (Warrior Classic), but they also played Riverdale twice, Blackman, Oakland, Warren County, Beech, Hardin County, Smyrna plus all their district games. Not to mention, two good out of state teams and Brentwood and Franklin were all rained out. Let's not make this into a schedule thing. We'll just wait and see how Cascade does when the competition heats up late in the tournaments. That's the fair thing to do.

Still wondering how and why Shelbyville entered the equation? One thing about the Eagles, their schedule has been absolutely brutal, much more so than Cascade's brutal slate of Unionville, Boyd Christian, Van Buren County, Cornersville, Clarksville Academy, Huntland, and a very down Chapel Hill team.

Shelbyville entered the equation when "mustangsally" a known Shelbyville supporter decided to take yet another cheap shot at Cascade. I really thought this person hadn't gotten past the Shelbyville/ Cascade comparisons, but apparently I was wrong. I guess you missed the Scud Missle Comment. Anyway, we'll see if your correct about your assessment of Cascade being overrated when the post season begins.

But they did make it to the State tourney correct??? You did say the Boro where the state is played at, and not that Cascade didnt stand a chance in their district or regional right? I was just making sure that I heard that correctly. You have officially made yourself a hater. Not sure who you root for but your team must not be that good if your hating on one of the best baseball teams is 1A.No Shelbyville has not made the jump to Single A but I do beleive Cascade beat your #1 overall in your AAA district at their place. Not too bad for little ol Cascade huh???

You guys make me laugh. I don't hate Cascade. I simply choose to jab at a few of you who make your school look bad by calling the Shelbyville principal out on Coach T and by writing the "Classical Novels" in your local paper. If you can dish it out you have to ba able to take it too. Lighten up guys, I am providing "motivation" to your ball team who I actually think is pretty good.

You guys make me laugh. I don't hate Cascade. I simply choose to jab at a few of you who make your school look bad by calling the Shelbyville principal out on Coach T and by writing the "Classical Novels" in your local paper. If you can dish it out you have to ba able to take it too. Lighten up guys, I am providing "motivation" to your ball team who I actually think is pretty good.

I attended Cascade at one time through 9th grade then moved. I do not live in Shelbyville trust me so I have never wrote one thing in the local paper. I have been very supportive of Cascade athletics and some of that may be caused by me being biased. I do think they have a great shot at repeating to the State Tourney this year. I do not have any problems with Shelbyville either. I have said encouaraging words about their Basketball teams the past three years on here and wish any team in Bedford Co the very best. I have said things on here that I regret at times because my argumentative attitude has gotten the best of me. Either way I will always argue just because that is my nature. Good luck to the Cascade baseball team stay focused and do what your coaches coach you to do. All the way to State!