Single A baseball, Whos the best?

Eagles23

Lookout Valley by far is the best single A team in Tennessee. They all can rip the baseball and the pitching staff is the real deal.

BY FAR???? Pretty bold statement for a team that has lost 4 of their last 5 games. It looks like their early season schedule migh have been real weak and lately they might have been playing a little tougher opponents.

If memory serves me correctly we heard similar statements about LV this time last year on coach T and then saw them lose back-to-back to state tourney runnerup JCS by a combined score of 45-6.

Everyone will see how good that pitching staff is real soon when the sectionals and State roll around.

Best of luck.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the things that makes baseball such a great sport is the way that fans can rank their teams. All of the teams that you people are talking about are good teams.....and all could be state champs if the cards fall into place for them. As a roane countian, I have seen both rockwood and harriman play and I think that rockwood is no doubt the better team. That doesnt keep them from losing occasionally to harriman. The night Rockwood lost to harriman they only scored 3 runs. They are a team that normally scores double digits in runs. But harrimans pitcher had a career game that night and Rockwood lost. Thats the nature of baseball, one night a good team will come out flat and lose to a lesser team...or a lesser team may have a hot pitcher one night and he mows down the better team. But that doesnt mean that the lesser team is the better than the higher ranked team. Yes harriman lost big to cascade, but before cascade fans write off rockwood as an easy mark take these facts into consideration. Rockwood beat Alcoa tonight in a tournament at Loudon. A few weeks ago Alcoa beat Pigeon Forge. Pigeon Forge beat Farragut (the number one team in AAA) tonight. Now does that mean that Harriman can beat Farragut? Or that cascade can beat Farragut? Of course not, but it shows on any given night good teams can lose! I think the state tournament in single A is going to be awesome this year with several excellent teams having a good chance to win it all. However, as mentioned above, on any given night a good team can go down. Last year Oakland was rated number one in the nation and didnt even make it to the state! So, I expect to see Rockwood, cascade, LV and possibly even harriman in the state tourney.....but upsets can and will happen.

I tell you what.. Cascade COULD beat farragut. so i guess with your logic, so can harriman

I tell you what.. Cascade COULD beat farragut. so i guess with your logic, so can harriman

Cascade cant beat Farragut, dont kid yourself....you think you have a good pitcher in Stewart. Farraguts ace threw 96 at a prospect camp this summer and is rated one of the top high school players in america. He has signed with UT but will almost surely be a number one pick and instant millionaire once the draft is held. Farragut has several division one signees on their team. I have seen cascade play and even with your ace on the mound you dont stand a chance! Farragut lost to a good William Blount team and to Pigeon Forge (which was their 8th game in nine days). Also after losing to PF they turned right around and blew away Science Hill (one of the top AAA teams in the state)! Other than that they have outscored their opponents by over 250 runs, pitched 4 or 5 no-hitters this yr, and blew away every team they played in a big tournament down in FL. Last time I looked their record was something like 32-2 and are ranked 8th in the nation. Its fun to talk trash, but some things are plain silly! By the way, wartburg also beat harriman....so i guess now wartburg can beat farragut too huh?

Cascade cant beat Farragut, dont kid yourself....you think you have a good pitcher in Stewart. Farraguts ace threw 96 at a prospect camp this summer and is rated one of the top high school players in america. He has signed with UT but will almost surely be a number one pick and instant millionaire once the draft is held. Farragut has several division one signees on their team. I have seen cascade play and even with your ace on the mound you dont stand a chance! Farragut lost to a good William Blount team and to Pigeon Forge (which was their 8th game in nine days). Also after losing to PF they turned right around and blew away Science Hill (one of the top AAA teams in the state)! Other than that they have outscored their opponents by over 250 runs, pitched 4 or 5 no-hitters this yr, and blew away every team they played in a big tournament down in FL. Last time I looked their record was something like 32-2 and are ranked 8th in the nation. Its fun to talk trash, but some things are plain silly! By the way, wartburg also beat harriman....so i guess now wartburg can beat farragut too huh?

Calm down I think you missed the sarcasm in the previous post. I bet you Parker wouldnt be scared to play faragut though

BY FAR???? Pretty bold statement for a team that has lost 4 of their last 5 games. It looks like their early season schedule migh have been real weak and lately they might have been playing a little tougher opponents.

If memory serves me correctly we heard similar statements about LV this time last year on coach T and then saw them lose back-to-back to state tourney runnerup JCS by a combined score of 45-6.

Everyone will see how good that pitching staff is real soon when the sectionals and State roll around.

Best of luck.

true, lookout valley has lost 4 of the last 5, but look who they have played. greenbriar, marshall county, baylor. you get out there and beat all of them. marshall county threw a kid that throws 92 93, and they can hit the ball. baylor, well there really isnt much to say about them because they are BAYLOR. they can hit pitch throw, pretty much do it all. every team lv has been beaten by in the last week has been a higher class and is one of the top teams in their class and LV still had a chance in every game, only getting beat by 2 in every game. so ya LV lost a few but as a team they are hitting 411 with 5 kids hitting in the 400's and one hitting 6 something. I dont think LV is the best single A team, but they are by far one of the best i have seen in a while. you still have friendship, rockwood, and JC that will be very tuff to beat, but LV has a very good chance at doing that.

true, lookout valley has lost 4 of the last 5, but look who they have played. greenbriar, marshall county, baylor. you get out there and beat all of them. marshall county threw a kid that throws 92 93, and they can hit the ball. baylor, well there really isnt much to say about them because they are BAYLOR. they can hit pitch throw, pretty much do it all. every team lv has been beaten by in the last week has been a higher class and is one of the top teams in their class and LV still had a chance in every game, only getting beat by 2 in every game. so ya LV lost a few but as a team they are hitting 411 with 5 kids hitting in the 400's and one hitting 6 something. I dont think LV is the best single A team, but they are by far one of the best i have seen in a while. you still have friendship, rockwood, and JC that will be very tuff to beat, but LV has a very good chance at doing that.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> GO JACKETS!

Im not saying that cascade has a better team than that of farraguts.. im saying that when two teams with talent play, the result of the game doesnt come down to who has more talent; it comes down to who wants it more. and as someone said earlier, farragut would have everything to lose and cascade would have nothing to lose and everything to gain. DO YOU SEE THE UNDENIABLE LOGIC?? DO YOU SEE?? and did i bring up stewart? no. i believe cascade has plenty of kids just as good as momo. you sir, have just been served THE TRUTH. nothing silly about it /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />. and do you seriously think that a team called wartburg could beat farragut lol i know i shouldnt judge a book by its cover, but dang...

Im not saying that cascade has a better team than that of farraguts.. im saying that when two teams with talent play, the result of the game doesnt come down to who has more talent; it comes down to who wants it more. and as someone said earlier, farragut would have everything to lose and cascade would have nothing to lose and everything to gain. DO YOU SEE THE UNDENIABLE LOGIC?? DO YOU SEE?? and did i bring up stewart? no. i believe cascade has plenty of kids just as good as momo. you sir, have just been served THE TRUTH. nothing silly about it /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />. and do you seriously think that a team called wartburg could beat farragut lol i know i shouldnt judge a book by its cover, but dang...

I didnt say wartburg could beat farragut....that was said in a mocking manner.....and as far as undeniable logic, what you just said is not undeniable logic...it is WILD SPECULATION....BIG DIFFERENCE! Cascade does not have "plenty of kids just as good as momo"...give me a break, what have you been smoking? Cascade does not have one tenth the talent farragut has so please dont be making wild and speculative statements....it doesnt make you look any smarter!

I didnt say wartburg could beat farragut....that was said in a mocking manner.....and as far as undeniable logic, what you just said is not undeniable logic...it is WILD SPECULATION....BIG DIFFERENCE! Cascade does not have "plenty of kids just as good as momo"...give me a break, what have you been smoking? Cascade does not have one tenth the talent farragut has so please dont be making wild and speculative statements....it doesnt make you look any smarter!

First of all, talent isn't half of what wins games, and I am happily drug free /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />.. and I could care less about your unreasoned and unmoving opinion on matters. I can see that you are the kind of person that goes by the phrase,"My Way or the Highway." I'm just a kid and I'm talking more like an adult than you, in the sense of maturity, sense, and grammer. and Sorry you have anger management problems. I did not intend to offend you, great all knowing God of baseball, who knows the scores of games that didn't even happen and don't even exist. Heres your break, and Peace /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />