6-5A - Let's hear some opinions

bearfeet

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no connections with Brentwood or Independence.

However, my point earlier was that this region was down this past season. And to elaborate more on it you said that Brentwood "was a mere 11 points from winning the game at Indy and having the number one seed" which is true (well actually it's false it was 10 points but that's irrelevant to my point). However looking back, Brentwood lost to Siegel who did not even make the playoffs in region 4. So the fact that region 6 had a potential number 1 seed late in the season who had lost to a 5 seed from region 4, emphasizes my point that the region was down.

And I did have the opportunity to see Brentwood play and I agree they "did not amount to much". And the only year Indy has been an easy win was their first year of varsity football. Not to mention they didn't have a senior class that year either.

i agree with you, they performed poorly last year. They also lost to blackman 28-0 and it could have been alot worse. Brentwood only had about 60 yards of total offense and blackman ran through their defense like a knife cutting through butter. Blackman did not make the playoffs, but were a dangerous team and young, but brentwood was by far the worst team blackman played all year.

having said that, everyone knows that brentwood has a great head coach in Crawford and i sure will rebound, but last year they looked slow, not aggressive and lacking in key areas. Because of the good coaching, i expect Brentwood to imporve.

regardless of the preseaon pigskin picks lets just applaud the region as a whole for proving they are one of the best regions if not the best in state. This year you cant pick any clear cut favorite to walk away with the title but i will have to say Franklin may just take the title.THE ONE QUESTION i ask you all is how many region losses will win the divison this year. Brentwood should battle Franklin for the honrs ut my dark horse altough losing many on each side of the ball is INDY- with Heckman at the helm the kid is a winner they may surprise a few along the way - regardless good luck to all teams and thier fans!!

I really think Brentwood could come on strong. This past season was the worst I have seen a Brentwood team in a long time, but with their stellar coaching staff there is only one way to go and that is up. It's not to shabby when one can say what I just said and that team still made the playoffs.

I really think Brentwood could come on strong. This past season was the worst I have seen a Brentwood team in a long time, but with their stellar coaching staff there is only one way to go and that is up. It's not to shabby when one can say what I just said and that team still made the playoffs.

Because of the caliber of their returning starters and talented backups, Brentwood should be poised to have a good season. A definite key to success, however, will be their ability to throw the ball which was not a strong point last season. If they can identify a strong QB this spring and get that person lots of reps with his receiving corps over the summer then I believe they will be in a top position by the end of the regular season.

Ten points would have only given Brentwood a tie in that game they need 11 to win we lost 7-17.And I still disagree Brentwood had an incredible season after having to completely change their offense mid season.Its a fact they were 11 points from winning region and as I am sure Indy will agree does "amount to much". I don't think anyone can deny Brentwood getting their act together mid season and making a valiant run for the playoffs. And as far as the Siegel game that was a game we should have won but as what happened all season long the refs just couldn't seem to get it right but granted the game should have never been that close for one bad call to cost the game but it did. Last seasons working out the bugs was a hard pill to swallow but will be worth it this year. Brentwood is going to be very strong for several years to come they have lots of young talent coming up the pike with their JV and freshman records to prove it. I as I am sure most everyone here cant wait, 132 days to go!!!!!!!!

Brentwood scrimmages Overton on Tuesday and Lavergne on Friday. Time to start finding out what we've got boys!