6-5A - Let's hear some opinions

bearfeet

You sure do seem to be very thin skinned when it comes to giving Centennial any credit.

Mark Matykiewicz is a very good football coach. He won a region title at Fairview. With all due respect to FHS they have nowhere near the athletes as does Centennial.

MM will take the Cougars to the postseason this fall IMO and in the words of George Plaster you can "BOOK IT" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thin skinned has nothing to do with it. Give them credit,for what? I am not anti-Centennial,just stating facts. I will give them credit when they do something. As for athletes, they are not even close. Speed yes, but not enough football players. If that were true they would be beating Franklin every year regardless of who is coaching. If MM ( or any coach including Gregory or Steve Spurrier) takes Centennial to the postseason it will be with each player on the bus having a ticket to get in. The only thing you can book is you know very little about the athletes at Franklin and Centennial and the difference between 5A and 2A football.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your point on the underclassmen combine is irrelevant due to the fact that it was an underclassmen combine and seniors (such as Smith) are not invited. When the season comes around in the fall the high school varsity teams field players from grades 9th-12th, Not solely underclassmen teams. But congratulations on the achievement and recognition earned by the Indy players.

Heckman won the starting job from Smith last year. It was Heckman who quarterbacked IHS to the championship game. The underclassmen combine further states the qualities of this special player. Being a senior is irrelevant, the best player will start. Did you see both Heckman and Smith play last year? Heckman was clearly the best QB.

Heckman won the starting job from Smith last year. It was Heckman who quarterbacked IHS to the championship game. The underclassmen combine further states the qualities of this special player. Being a senior is irrelevant, the best player will start. Did you see both Heckman and Smith play last year? Heckman was clearly the best QB.

You are right, the best player will start, or at least should start. But having qualities to throw a screen pass that turns into a 50 yard touchdown or handing the ball off to a 215 pound d-1 running back do not qualify you as the best QB. But his ability to run the ball does make him a very good football player, and in my opinion would be best used at the running back position.

You are right, the best player will start, or at least should start. But having qualities to throw a screen pass that turns into a 50 yard touchdown or handing the ball off to a 215 pound d-1 running back do not qualify you as the best QB. But his ability to run the ball does make him a very good football player, and in my opinion would be best used at the running back position.

Should be an interesting battle over at IHS. Smith might be the better pure passer, but Heckman really impressed me last year with how well he ran the offense. Obviously his throwing mechanics must have got a little better over the offseason (his throwing motion was a bit awkward). Should be a good battle.

Should be an interesting battle over at IHS. Smith might be the better pure passer, but Heckman really impressed me last year with how well he ran the offense. Obviously his throwing mechanics must have got a little better over the offseason (his throwing motion was a bit awkward). Should be a good battle.

With only one returning starter on the o-line, mobility will be important. Smith is a pocket passer, Heckman has shown he is the more mobile of the two.

With only one returning starter on the o-line, mobility will be important. Smith is a pocket passer, Heckman has shown he is the more mobile of the two.

Heckman is the more mobile of the two without debate. However the o-line they had last year consisted of 4 first year starters and was a bit undersized. The guys that step in the trenches this year should not miss a beat and be a tad bit bigger than last year's o-line with the exception of Stout.

Well I really cant see the debate over at IHS between the two QBs at all- anyone with any coaching at high level can see this- Smith does not look off defenders, locks onto one reciever- heckman has the abilities and yes does have some minor flaws in his delivery he can run an a offense and has so many intangables - look at his passing yards & passer rating and no didnt consist of all screen passes-kid knows how to win plain and simple.

Well I really cant see the debate over at IHS between the two QBs at all- anyone with any coaching at high level can see this- Smith does not look off defenders, locks onto one reciever- heckman has the abilities and yes does have some minor flaws in his delivery he can run an a offense and has so many intangables - look at his passing yards & passer rating and no didnt consist of all screen passes-kid knows how to win plain and simple.

yeah, what he said.

oh.

and Centennial plays Franklin on Halloween night. In the words of one of my friends on the team, "There's something to be said about that one."

Hahahahahahaha!

I apologize that my first post on here in over a year has to be to laugh in a person's face, but that was funny! Thanks for making my night!

*And as a sidenote, I truly hope that CHS eventually wins one, 'cause it's truly not a rivalry. "Battle of Franklin?" It's as lopsided as Pickett's Charge...

Hahahahahahaha!

I apologize that my first post on here in over a year has to be to laugh in a person's face, but that was funny! Thanks for making my night!

*And as a sidenote, I truly hope that CHS eventually wins one, 'cause it's truly not a rivalry. "Battle of Franklin?" It's as lopsided as Pickett's Charge...

Talk about an in-depth analysis. Can't wait for next year's Mr. Herbstreit.