Best Freshman for 2008?

Hanna1046

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right,but some of the names these people are putting up ARE NOT playing varsity.

[/quote

I agree 100% Bipper. Unless a freshman is already playing on the varsity level, it's hard to know how good they will be. Some will continue to improve while others will fail. However, I submit that some of these freshmen phenoms are seeing pitching that is on par with what freshmen are seeing. You can look at the newspaper and see teams in the Chattanooga area reguarly giving up 15 and 20 runs. There is one team in particular that has played several of these teams and its reflected in their stats.

I agree 100% Bipper. Unless a freshman is already playing on the varsity level, it's hard to know how good they will be. Some will continue to improve while others will fail. However, I submit that some of these freshmen phenoms are seeing pitching that is on par with what freshmen are seeing. You can look at the newspaper and see teams in the Chattanooga area reguarly giving up 15 and 20 runs. There is one team in particular that has played several of these teams and its reflected in their stats.

What team are you referring too?

What team are you referring too?

I d say Silverdale Academy,,,,,,,,,they had several kids in the paper as top hitters/batting averages. The only thing is their not seeing very good pitching and no where near the at-bats these larger, more athletic, public schools are. There are SOME good players in the 1 a but nothing like Red Bank, Soddy Daisy, Ridgeland or Ooltewah.

2 Seam-have you seen the Georgia players play-seriously? I don't believe they ever played for Bobby Dunn.....

Yes i ve seen them play summer ball/select ball and school ball...i m at all there games just like you like you are(gimme a break)! Bobby Dunn /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> If thats who ya ll played for then that explains alot, not the first time i ve seen some of his FLUNKIES/WANNABE S.

Bottom line: until they have a state wide FRESHMEN tourney or whatever,nobody will ever know who the best freshmen are year to year.(and that will never happen),so,most of these kids mentioned are,done so by moms and dads and/or best freinds of the mom or dad,(which is o.k) because it gives good arguements sometimes. it doesn't matter anyway until they are seniors and need to get a scholarship to help pay for school.GOOD LUCK to everybody.

I d say Silverdale Academy,,,,,,,,,they had several kids in the paper as top hitters/batting averages. The only thing is their not seeing very good pitching and no where near the at-bats these larger, more athletic, public schools are. There are SOME good players in the 1 a but nothing like Red Bank, Soddy Daisy, Ridgeland or Ooltewah.

Tell that to the kids that play at USJ, Goodpasture, and FC. Those 3 programs can & will play anybody, any classification, anywhere and love to take on the larger schools. Also try telling a former single A lefty now pitching at Vandy named Mikey Minor (Forest High) or an early signee at Vandy (East Robertson) named Will Clinard that the only good players come from the big AAA programs -particularly only those in Chattanooga. IF YOU CAN PLAY YOU CAN PLAY! And top level coaches like Corbin will find you. It doesn't matter the classification in high school. Most of the top level talents play Showcase travel ball in the summer with kids from every classification. I can't remember coach Corbin asking Mikey Minor or Will Clinard what classification they played in high school. Instead he watched them throw, researched their work ethics and academics and then recruited them based on their athleticism. So instead of speaking about something you know nothing about. Id spend more time working on my kids game and less time on coach T running down smaller programs.

BTW, when was the last time Chattanooga teams (Red Bank, Soddy Daisy, Ridgeland, Ooltewah) won a AAA title in baseball. Seems to me that Memphis owns the AAA level. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Tell that to the kids that play at USJ, Goodpasture, and FC. Those 3 programs can & will play anybody, any classification, anywhere and love to take on the larger schools. Also try telling a former single A lefty now pitching at Vandy named Mikey Minor (Forest High) or an early signee at Vandy (East Robertson) named Will Clinard that the only good players come from the big AAA programs -particularly only those in Chattanooga. IF YOU CAN PLAY YOU CAN PLAY! And top level coaches like Corbin will find you. It doesn't matter the classification in high school. Most of the top level talents play Showcase travel ball in the summer with kids from every classification. I can't remember coach Corbin asking Mikey Minor or Will Clinard what classification they played in high school. Instead he watched them throw, researched their work ethics and academics and then recruited them based on their athleticism. So instead of speaking about something you know nothing about. Id spend more time working on my kids game and less time on coach T running down smaller programs.

BTW, when was the last time Chattanooga teams (Red Bank, Soddy Daisy, Ridgeland, Ooltewah) won a AAA title in baseball. Seems to me that Memphis owns the AAA level. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Most of the Single A competition in the Chattanooga area is weak relative to the state.....Lookout Valley being the exception. I'll give them their deserved props. Now, CSAS has a pitcher from the Harrison area that can play for anybody. I believe he was all state as a frosh and is currently a junior. But when I look at the Friday paper and see five names of kids hitting over .500 for a certain single A team that plays a low level of competition even by single A standards it makes me roll my eyes. I know that Ooltewah's freshmen team would beat them if they played this team's varsity.

Not.

think real hard now about your question (How will their bat speed reduce between their frshman and soph year) /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> THE BALL IS GOING FASTER AND THEY CANT ADJUST, its not the bat slowing down it s the ball speeding up /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> 1 a schools are the where 99.9% freshman start thats why the kids go there and stay away from the big schools so little johnny can still feel special..................lets get real here------Francoeur was legit on his getting called up in high school, not little Johny who s mom and dad work the concession stand.

Most of these kids mentioned are playing 2A or 3A ball and are starting as freshman. Sure their Mom and Dad are working the concession stand. Why? because thats their job as parents of players. These kids are starting as freshman, not because of Mom and Dad, but because they chose to give up the mojority of the summer to commit themselves to playing baseball not Nintendo. It always amazes me when people come on here and complain because little Jimmy is better, because he chose to play baseball instead of Oreos and playstation. Face it you can complain all you want, but why you are complaining these teams with the freshman are still progessing. I promise all of these kids can hit fastballs, just keep throwing faster and they will keep swinging faster. Pitchers better work on the off speed stuff speed stufff if they want to get these kids out.