Smoky Mountain Invitational Tournament

SeymourSoccer5

Seymour is hosting a tournament for the first time this year. We are starting small and hoping to grow bigger over time. The plan is to double in size next year with Sevier County High School co-hosting with us. This year we have South Doyle, Jefferson County and Anderson County participating.

ANY and ALL Advice from coaches experienced with hosting tournaments would be greatly appreciated.

Get everything set early! And have contingencies in place. Plan on the hosting coaches to not get much free time during the tournament, you will be there a lot. Also, remember to have some fun, it is just a game. Something will get not workout as planned and you just have to go with the flow. The games get played and the kids have fun.

Something McMinn County does is delegate jobs and responsibilities out to players. We have everything assigned--ball boys, scoreboard, water for both teams, etc. That way you as a coach are not spending time tracking down people to cover these things. Takes away some of the stress.

Also, If you plan to sell t-shirts--have teams preorder them. That will give you a better idea of how many to order and you are not stuck with 50 extra shirts at the end of the tournament.

Try to enjoy yourself and dont get too stressed out.

SD 3 Seymour 2

South Doyle played hard. Seymour did not play their best game. I believe Akula has been talking about inconsistent play. We can relate.

Anderson county looked good in beating Jefferson County 2-1.

The Champion of the First Annual Smoky Mountain Invitational Soccer Tournament was...Mother Nature

I hate the weather in the spring, almost never get by without cancelling and rescheduling more than a few games. Guess some things are out of our control.

Seymoursoccer, at least it is still only about 1/3 of the way into the season, the consistency will come (hopefully) and everyone will be ready for the real season in may.

Anderson county looked good in beating Jefferson County 2-1.

The Champion of the First Annual Smoky Mountain Invitational Soccer Tournament was...Mother Nature

This is the third or fourth thing I have heard about Anderson County having a good season. We play them on Monday, and I am really looking forward to it.

Got any scouting reports, Seymoursoccer? I know they used to have a very talented inside midfielder, but don't know much more than that. Their field is also very nice, but rather small, if I remember correctly.

This is the third or fourth thing I have heard about Anderson County having a good season. We play them on Monday, and I am really looking forward to it.

Got any scouting reports, Seymoursoccer? I know they used to have a very talented inside midfielder, but don't know much more than that. Their field is also very nice, but rather small, if I remember correctly.

they have two very good center mids

and they have some quick outside mids

they have to lighting quick forwards and one of them is a very strong player they arent the most skilled team but they will give you fits if you do not finish them

I played at Anderson County a few years back and had the chance to go to a few practices this year. Their front side of the field has some very talented players but they are missing the team aspect of it. The back line plays well together but is missing the talent that is up front. Coach Woodfin is an excellent coach and always expects the most from his teams. AC will bring determination and speed....CAK is always very skilled and well coached. Should be a great game. Good luck to both.

I played at Anderson County a few years back and had the chance to go to a few practices this year. Their front side of the field has some very talented players but they are missing the team aspect of it. The back line plays well together but is missing the talent that is up front. Coach Woodfin is an excellent coach and always expects the most from his teams. AC will bring determination and speed....CAK is always very skilled and well coached. Should be a great game. Good luck to both.

Anderson county has certainly developed a good program over the years! And this one we faced was the best they have had! They came out STRONG and actually scored first on one of the nicest free kicks I have seen in a while. Roped it around the wall and sunk it! Wow! They had 2 very good inner mids, and VERY fast forwards that caught us on our heels more than once! When things settled down a bit, we played a little more consistently and ended up with the 4-1 win, though the score did not really dictate the game.

I will say this, too. When Anderson County can "believe" in themselves for a full 80 minutes, they will be a force to be reckoned with.

I was also impressed with the goal keeper. I think he will make an iimpact in A.C. soccer over the years.

Good luck AC in your game against Stone tomorrow, and to Stone as well.