7 on 7 Football in Middle Tennessee

SADSR

Lighthouse Christian School is starting a spring 7 on 7 AAU football league. 14 - 16 players and a coach is all that is required you will play 2 game every Saturday for 7 weeks. Then you will play a double elimination tournament, with the winner representing the league at the AAU National Championships in Detroit. The 1st games will be played on May 3rd, 2008. Call me at 331-6286 ext. 245 for an informational brochure.

The ad says 14-16 players and a coach is all it takes to play. How can this be legal thru the T$$AA?

Bucksfan, you say kids can play they just can't be coached. So who calls the plays the QB or the WR or the RB?

Call me crazy but this sounds fishy to me.

The ad says 14-16 players and a coach is all it takes to play. How can this be legal thru the T$$AA?

Bucksfan, you say kids can play they just can't be coached. So who calls the plays the QB or the WR or the RB?

Call me crazy but this sounds fishy to me.

The kids will be coached some AAU type coach. It is a way to make somebody some money. What Coach in his right mind would send his players to this,what a crock of bull. Is this where High School sports is headed? Fishy and crazy. no thanks.

Fishy or not, it keeps athletes working. According to TSSAA, and I talked to them about this, the athletes can compete as long as they are not coached by their high school coach. For those coaches who will be competing during the 15 days before august in the numerous 7 on 7 tournaments in July, this would be a help. This would allow their players to come in after the dead period, and be ready to compete. It seems like to me that there are a tremendous amount of knowledgeable football people out there who are quite competent in the passing game. Why not keep your athletes ready for competition.

What about the 50% rule that applies to AAU basketball and summer baseball? Would this not apply to this also?

It should apply so I guess you can only have 4 play at time. Great Idea except it may be tough for tssaa schools to play. I wonder if Lighthouse really thought this through, the flyers sya it okay through the tssaa, but you never know who they talked to.

I will be suprised if anyypne sends their team up without a coach.

Actually, Lighthouse has spoken to, Gene Meness, at TSSAA to explore all possible infractions that could occur. Our

response is the same as the TSSAA. It is the coaches responsibility when it comes to knowing the TSSAA rules.

However,

1. At this time, there are no percentage restrictions for football.

2. As long as the team is independent from the school, no school uniforms, logos, etc. the team

can play.

3. The high school TSSAA coaches cannot participate, watch, observe, be at the games, etc.

4. Lighthouse is simply providing an opportunity for those athletes and independent coaches to

participate in 7 on 7 football, with a chance to play for an AAU National Championship.

5. Further questions or information to join call 615-331-6286, ext. 245

Guest workinprogress

Actually, Lighthouse has spoken to, Gene Meness, at TSSAA to explore all possible infractions that could occur. Our

response is the same as the TSSAA. It is the coaches responsibility when it comes to knowing the TSSAA rules.

However,

1. At this time, there are no percentage restrictions for football.

2. As long as the team is independent from the school, no school uniforms, logos, etc. the team

can play.

3. The high school TSSAA coaches cannot participate, watch, observe, be at the games, etc.

4. Lighthouse is simply providing an opportunity for those athletes and independent coaches to

participate in 7 on 7 football, with a chance to play for an AAU National Championship.

5. Further questions or information to join call 615-331-6286, ext. 245

Sounds like a great idea. Obviously you are trying to make your team better and you always did find ways to raise money for your program, JTM now LH. Good luck. Sounds like there are a lot of sceptics.

I was actually talking with a few coaches the other day about something like this. During the summer, baseball players have all types of opportunities to play; during summer, basketball players have all types of opportunities to play.

Football really doesn't have much opportunity for competition outside of normal games and scrimmages, so I like the concept. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />