BHS Lacrosse Wins DALC in Birmingham

bearfeet

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Brentwood Lacrosse Club for their championship win at the Dan Anderson Lacrosse Classic in Birmingham this weekend. A great team effort and a special nod to MVP David Catterton - well deserved honor for terrific goalie play!

GO BRUINS!!

Looks Like Brentwood should be heading to D-1 Next year. Lets hope they make the right decision.

Looks Like Brentwood should be heading to D-1 Next year. Lets hope they make the right decision.

Brentwood should have probably moved up 2 years ago, and Father Ryan should have never moved down.

Doesn't make sense why a team would not want to move up. If they were both in D1 then there would be 12 which would be great then another couple of teams in D2 would find success and then move up, then more new teams may join. Its like dominos. Just a thought.

Hope all the players in TN have a good season.

yeah thats the truth...and usn is nothing compared to the actual comptition in d1..theres no point in moving up if you dont have a chance at state

Thats a horrible attitude! You move up to have better competition , excel at the game, and give your team more opportunities. Thats why you move into D-1. D-2 is a developmental division and has done an excellent job producing great teams, but if you have been a team for 10 years or more, I really think you should be in D-1.

Thats a horrible attitude! You move up to have better competition , excel at the game, and give your team more opportunities. Thats why you move into D-1. D-2 is a developmental division and has done an excellent job producing great teams, but if you have been a team for 10 years or more, I really think you should be in D-1.

Couldn't agree more.

Couldn't agree more.

Actually, there are four criteria for being in Division 1. Not sure what they all are off the top of my head, but the reason we moved down is because we only legitimately met 2 of them. However, I do know that Brentwood meets all of them and probably should be a Division 1 team. With that said there are also a handful of teams in Division 1 that should move down. Additionally, after this year Father Ryan definitely will need to be in Division 2 as we graduate nearly all of the varsity. There will only be about 6 returning varsity players who will have gotten minimal playing time this year. You shouldn't move up to better competition if you are not beating a majority of the teams you are currently playing with. And I can say from personal experience it's not fun playing in Division 1 when you get pummeled by half the teams you play, thats why we moved down. Last year we didn't even have a .500 record and we made the playoffs, I think that shows the lopsidedness of competition in Division 1.

But if you have been a team for 10 years or more, I really think you should be in D-1.

if you are in d1 like i was on a team who knows they dont have a chance at state you would not be syaing this. kids at the high school level want to actually have a chance at state..thats one of the main reasons you play..and if you start out the season knowing you have no chance theres no motivation and it just isnt as fun

If your playing a sport just to win a state championship then go join the bowling team or some sport where there is no competition and your almost guarnteed a ring. When we moved up last year I dont think we had the choice to stay in D2 because we knew we werent going to do much damage in D1 this year but im not certain about the whole choice thing. Teams change so drasticly from year to year, the competition of the divisions will never be really consistant. Plus its probably a nice accomplishment for teams in D2 to play and beat a D1 team, like Brentwood, I'm not sure who is better us or USN but Brentwood is a solid team and could probably be a middle of the pack team in D1 this year. Plus I heard DeSalvatore got hurt sometime in the USN game so that could have been a factor but not really sure how reliable my sources are. But congrats on the Alabama tournament, I know Hoover has a couple pretty good lacrosse players down there.

• 2 weeks later...

If your playing a sport just to win a state championship then go join the bowling team or some sport where there is no competition and your almost guarnteed a ring.

i never said its the ONLY reaon people play, i said its the main reason. and thats true with any sport is it not. you play to win state, thats your goal. and this bowling comment is just dumb.

first off, i'd like to say that i completely understand where you're coming from with the playing for fun thing. Sure, lacrosse is an extremely enjoyable sport, but when a team gets beaten by more than 10 goals... not so much. trust me, the only thing that comes from losing badly is the game deteriorating into meathead lacrosse. it is exactly that sort of situation that leads to injuries and teams getting worse. What i would suggest is that brentwood plays MBA or Mccallie, rather than USN, Webb, or Farragut. no offense to those teams, but they are nowhere near the top of D1. I'm just afraid that the players at brentwood that are used to winning and having success will have difficulty coping with the reality that they might be inferior.