Top Players in Metro Knoxville

orangeblur

If this is the kid I am thinking about , he is a great athlete!!!! Did he go to the Addidas camp at UT this spring? I worked with the DB's, and if Young is the kid I am thinking about, he has GREAT POTENTIAL. Forget the size.................he's got the skills. I told him I was going to be keeping up with him. I believe he is only a SOPH. This cat can play guys, and he likes to compete. I'll take him !!!!!

yes that is him.....the kid who went up against Logan Heastie...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam Thompson- WR/S, Alcoa. Getting interest from some D-1 schools such as Vanderbilt and I'm sure some service academies

Tyler Robinson- TE/DE, Alcoa. Getting some D-1 looks already as a rising junior, but with the great hands, the ability to run over a defender, and having a 6'4, 250 lb.frame with a 300 lb. bench press doesn't hurt either

Other possible '08 Blount Co. stars:

Justin Smith- DE, Maryville

Chris Jordan- WR/S, Maryville

Cole Lail- LB, William Blount

Darrin Garner- RB, William Blount

Don Cope- WR/DB, William Blount

Don't forget about Michael Cermak, running back, from Heritage. Although HHS is traditionally not very strong, Cermak would stand out at any HS in Blount County. He goes 6'0" and 190 lbs. and runs forty in 4.5 (from Unapproved Website).

What a waste.

Why is that a waste? What better type of player to build a struggling program around! This kid has it all together athletically and academically and he wanted to go to Heritage. I applaud him for being loyal, a trait that doesn't exist anymore in sports, especially in Blount County High School sports. Nothing wrong, or wasted, by Cermak for that!

Why is that a waste? What better type of player to build a struggling program around! This kid has it all together athletically and academically and he wanted to go to Heritage. I applaud him for being loyal, a trait that doesn't exist anymore in sports, especially in Blount County High School sports. Nothing wrong, or wasted, by Cermak for that!

He is a great athlete , not taking anything away from him... it is just a shame that there is not more around him. I detect some distaste in your words for blount co sports?

I do not believe for one second that cermak ran 4.39, Heritage players year in year spout off inflated workout numbers and have nothing on the field to show for it. Last year one of their players told me that whoever that fast reciever they had was, ran a 4.27, if that were true he would have been running on a Division I track scholarship in college, not to mention the copious number of players I was told who benched 400 and 500+ pounds but some how could not manage to protect their QB. It is not just Heritage that stretch their numbers but they do do it more than anyone else, the only player in recent years to run a legit sub 4.4 in Blount County is James Rainer at Alcoa and he ended up placing eleventh in the NCAA track championships in the 100M.

And yes any player with quality ability who chooses to wear the effeminate blue of the mountainers is a waste of football tallent. Not only is it a waste but it is unfortunate for the player, he could be a quality fullback at Alcoa or Maryville and win three or four state titles. Not to mention the extra college exposure he would get because lets face no big program would even consider visiting a Heritage Practice. There is also the numerical side of exposure at Alcoa or Maryville heritage plays ten games a season Alcoa and Maryville play fifteen over a four year career that is twenty more games that colleges can see him play. The best case scenario for him at Heritage is during his career he wins 15 total games and earns a FCS level scholarship.

Will Jackson

Daniel Hood

I hear Catholic has a rising JR Dorian Cozart who is suppose to be pretty good at RB

The Houston Kid at Powell

I hear Aloca has some outstanding young players related to B. Warren and D. Lindsay

Devrin Young at Bearden (who I think has the ability to be one of the top talents ever from Knoxville) I expect him to be KFL sopohmore of year and challenge for All State honors as a Soph....

who else? thanks

Yeah guys watch out for this houston kid, i heard he has gotten way bigger and much faster. If you think he tour it up last year wait and see wat he does this year....one love out

He is a great athlete , not taking anything away from him... it is just a shame that there is not more around him. I detect some distaste in your words for blount co sports?

Actually, not really a distaste. Cermak, and whichever other good/decent athlete that does actually enroll at Heritage, have to deal with not having "more around him." That is what is a shame about Blount County sports, and probably many other counties as well. Just go where you are supposed to and get what you deserve through hard work. There are numerous student/athletes that should be at Heritage that are elsewhere. Some do it the right way and others, well............

devrin is 5'7'' and 150 lbs dripping wet. ill be interested to see if he doesnt get snapped in half after a few carries. every week he will be going up against people who weigh more than twice as much as he does. i guess it doesnt matter if they dont catch him but nobody scores every time they touch the ball. to be honest i think he's way too hyped up his shear lack of size takes away from his ability to put up numbers on the field. anyone can put up numbers in the weight room or on the track. but i would like to see him prove me wrong

Honestly, can you truly tell me that you know how physically and meantally tough this kid is? I mean I have known Devrin since the day he was born and I know this kid as good as anyone, he is a family member of mine and I coached him in basketball and football during his life. Devrin traveled all over the south with me during his youth career playing with my team and he was one of the top players at every tournament he competed in and has played hurt numerous times, in 8th grade he broke his ankle and came back played 6 weeks later. Devrin has always been one of the smallest players on the field but as the same time he has always excelled on the field because of his heart, physical ability, and determination. So before you judge this kids ability just see what he can do and remember he is only a sophmore and has 3 years left in his high school career, and I guarantee by the time he is done with his high school career, that you will change your mind. So do your thing Devrin, and that coming from his uncle, because I know exactly what this kid has inside of him and that heart and determination. So tell me at the end of his high school career that he is way too hyped up and see if you have a change of mind about Devrin.

Holla at cha boi... ShaneC

Seen him play. Lots of potential. Needs to use his vision, translate that into leveraging his natural quickness for better cutback results. He will be able to get to the outside better than some on here think. Having written that, he will not be able to rely on this alone as he has done in Youth Ball, Frosh, JV. Teams that utilize appropriate angles on defense will bottle him up. See Fulton vs. H. Smith, Catholic vs. Rogan, Bearden vs. most in the playoffs last yr. including the scat back from Smyrna who they would have beat if Goultry had not got hurt, IMO.

Lots of potential does not make him great. All this hype, this early only puts a target on him, and if...just sayin if he does not get off next year, he will be a "bust" which is not fair to him, or his team.