Preds make the playoffs

Didn't think it possible with all of the distractions and the horrible start to the season, but the Preds played good hockey down the stretch and made it in.

One of the weirdest, frustrating but most satisfying years I've enjoyed with the Preds. The building the last 5 minutes of the game was electric. One of the best atmospheres I've ever been involved. If you were not there, the crowd started cheering after play halted and went to the TV timeout. We cheered...and cheered....all thru the TV timeout until the end of the game. Rivaled the defening noise in the building our first playoff game.

Congrats, Preds.

I am a Pred-a-tor.

The Back-From-the-Dead Preds did the right thing last night and played like they should have and lost to the B-hawks. The only troubling thing is that Chris Mason is not stopping anything anymore. Or, maybe the defense knew the "script" and let Mason out to dry so he'd allow goals. That way he could step aside for Renne, who played well.

If they started Renne, he might have wanted to play so well he might have actually (gulp) won the game.

Now, rather than facing the Sharks, the Preds can turn their attention to a team they match up far better with- Detroit.

I know some of you skeptics will say, why do you want to play the President's Cup winners? Simple- we can beat Detroit, and they know it. They also know they have developed a pretty nasty reputation for choking in the first round. Dead Wing fans can't be feeling all smug about this matchup.

The last home game (which I had to miss because of prior commitments) was, by all accounts, one for the ages. That kind of crowd support is what this town will bring the rest of the way. Playing Detroit guarantees it.

Go Preds- Barry Trotz, Coach of the Year.

The Back-From-the-Dead Preds did the right thing last night and played like they should have and lost to the B-hawks. The only troubling thing is that Chris Mason is not stopping anything anymore. Or, maybe the defense knew the "script" and let Mason out to dry so he'd allow goals. That way he could step aside for Renne, who played well.

If they started Renne, he might have wanted to play so well he might have actually (gulp) won the game.

Now, rather than facing the Sharks, the Preds can turn their attention to a team they match up far better with- Detroit.

I know some of you skeptics will say, why do you want to play the President's Cup winners? Simple- we can beat Detroit, and they know it. They also know they have developed a pretty nasty reputation for choking in the first round. Dead Wing fans can't be feeling all smug about this matchup.

The last home game (which I had to miss because of prior commitments) was, by all accounts, one for the ages. That kind of crowd support is what this town will bring the rest of the way. Playing Detroit guarantees it.

Go Preds- Barry Trotz, Coach of the Year.

Did you watch the Preds/ Blackhawk game???? Loved the interview after the 2nd peroid with the assistant coach......He actually stated, with a straight face, lets play hockey the 3rd and win the game......it was the look on his face after he made that statement...priceless....

I've got a great story about the Blackhawks game I need to IM you on, Dandy.

Now to the playoffs! First game, Ellis stood tall in the goal, but a questionable call and the almost predictable defensive lapse cost the Preds the game.

First line has to start throwing pucks on the net.

Tootoo needs a little "fair" officiating. He plays hard, will throw down with anyone, and hits like a truck. As long as it's within the rules, what is the beef? However, the officials seem to look the other way when he gets rocked- and takes a shot to the head AND the offending player left his feet to deliver the blow. A little equal justice this game would be appreciated.

The Red Wings in a less than full Joe Louis Arena don't need the extra help.

Hopefully today we pick up a split and the first road victory for the franchise!

I've got a great story about the Blackhawks game I need to IM you on, Dandy.

Now to the playoffs! First game, Ellis stood tall in the goal, but a questionable call and the almost predictable defensive lapse cost the Preds the game.

First line has to start throwing pucks on the net.

Tootoo needs a little "fair" officiating. He plays hard, will throw down with anyone, and hits like a truck. As long as it's within the rules, what is the beef? However, the officials seem to look the other way when he gets rocked- and takes a shot to the head AND the offending player left his feet to deliver the blow. A little equal justice this game would be appreciated.

The Red Wings in a less than full Joe Louis Arena don't need the extra help.

Hopefully today we pick up a split and the first road victory for the franchise!

I had that "it is just a matter of time" feeling before the wings score..... The crew doing the game was correct. Arnott plays like he is 6'4" 120 LBS INSTEAD OF 220 LBS. Our #1 line against theirs is bad for us. I also do not like the fact that we allow Zetterburg and Datzuk to do as they please.

Be interested to see how our guys react Monday at home. They looked brain dead on the bench.

Huge night for the Preds and they come through, taking a game away from the stunned Red Wings and the Dominator. Two goals in a back breaking nine seconds. Never saw that stretch coming.

As tough as I have been on Suter, he played a career best game last night. Great energy in the building, Vince singing the National Anthem, crazy loud crowd- lots of fun.

Why doesnt' the league do something about Kromwell before Darcy or Jordan take matters into their own hands? Three straight games he has tried to injure a Predator- this time, Bonk somehow survived a potential career ender.

His head better be on a swivel.

Keep it up Preds!

Huge night for the Preds and they come through, taking a game away from the stunned Red Wings and the Dominator. Two goals in a back breaking nine seconds. Never saw that stretch coming.

As tough as I have been on Suter, he played a career best game last night. Great energy in the building, Vince singing the National Anthem, crazy loud crowd- lots of fun.

Why doesnt' the league do something about Kromwell before Darcy or Jordan take matters into their own hands? Three straight games he has tried to injure a Predator- this time, Bonk somehow survived a potential career ender.

His head better be on a swivel.

Keep it up Preds!

We still broke down a couple times defensively, but I gotta give the D some credit....Anytime Detroit only gets 25-30 shots, you have taken some of their puck control from them. Kromwell went for the head..only problem I had with the hit.....But I was proud the Preds did not buckle like the Sharks did when marlow took his shot.

Anyone who did not enjoy that atmosphere is dead. Hockey is the best spectator sport there is....TV doesn't do the sport, you gotta see it in person.

Is the Dominated gonna be in net for the Wings???? Hope he is.