Rankings Week 5

mjuhb

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, those are interesting rankings!!! I think it is a case of wishful thinking to believe that Brentwood is the best team in the state. Based on what? 8-0 record against a very, very weak schedule. Over the years, you would think that they would figure out that playing a stronger schedule during the season would be worth something when the play-offs come around....but no- they like the easy way out. Then they get beat-up by a team from East Tennessee in State. I can't see them beating Hendersonville. To rank them above Farragut, who is undefeated and the returning State Champions is crazy! Don't get me wrong, I watched Farragut play against Oak Ridge and I was less than impressed- but Oak Ridge didn't show me anything either. It was a boring game with little energy....so I'm a little concerned that they (Farragut) may be over-rated. Still, they are on top of the hill, and until they lose a game, they should stay there. I say 2 of the 3 teams in East Tennessee will go to State- West, Bearden or Farragut...one of these teams will fall- if history repeats itself, it will be West. Either way, we could still have another all East Tennessee Final- like last year! For the record- since 2001 in the last 7 years, out of the 14 teams that played in the Championship game, 10....that's right 10, teams have been from East Tennessee. Wanna know how they do it? Go to Beardens schedule on Eurosportscoreboard.com and look at the teams they play this season- they play the #1 ranked team in all 3 div's #1 AAA Farragut (by Euro's rankings), they beat Christian Bro's (they are ranked #1 in div II) and they lost to Catholic (#1 in div A-AA). They also play 6 ranked teams in AAA ranked- 1,4,5,6,8, and 9. 2 teams in A-AA. Overall, Bearden will play 9 teams ranked in the top 10 of the 3 divisions........and Hendersonville?? Drum roll!!! They play.................2?? Only 2 ranked teams- huh! They play Hendersonville ranked #8 and Independence ranked #9- this almost at the end of the season. Point is this...wanna be good- year in and year out- play a tougher schedule! Losing 5 or 6 games during the season but winning the State Championship still makes you State Champions!!! Finishing 20-0 and then getting beat down in the playoffs is a huge let-down. Wake up Brentwood! Now fix the rankings!!!!! #1 Farragut, #2 Bearden, #3 Brentwood....until they get beat by the first ranked team they play- Hendersonville.

Pseudo's