BEST IN EAST TENN

justafan01

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pitchers- Sweetwater's starter (Can't remember her name). Midway's Hannah Colyer

Batters- According to Prep Extra Haley Parks from Midway has the highest batting average. Apparently she is a Sophomore (Correct me if I am wrong) and is out batting anyone in the area.

Kim Hall (Oliver Springs) leads PrepXtra with .727 avg. as of 11 April 2008.

.727 seems ridiculously high, depending on the number of at bats. It is hard to hit that high in slow pitch softball. I am guessing poor pitching, bad defense, and maybe creative scoring are contributing factors. The kid may be a great hitter, but I doubt Shoeless Joe Jackson could hit .727.

.727 seems ridiculously high, depending on the number of at bats. It is hard to hit that high in slow pitch softball. I am guessing poor pitching, bad defense, and maybe creative scoring are contributing factors. The kid may be a great hitter, but I doubt Shoeless Joe Jackson could hit .727.

.727, wonder how many of those were fielder's choice hits, errors, etc. That can make a world of difference when figuring averages. I think all score keepers should have to take a class before they can keep score for HS games, where stats can make or break a teams averages. Would like to see the books for that batter.

.727, wonder how many of those were fielder's choice hits, errors, etc. That can make a world of difference when figuring averages. I think all score keepers should have to take a class before they can keep score for HS games, where stats can make or break a teams averages. Would like to see the books for that batter.

Keep your eye on the 8th grade pitcher from Coalfield Lindsey Fadnek. She is the Prepxtra strike out leader after 14 games with a 143 K's. Her catcher 8th grader Andrea Foster is also another one to watch as well. Very strong arm and bat. These two will cause trouble for alot of teams over the next 5 years.

Big fish, small pond.

Bring them down and let her face Ooltewah, GPS or Soddy Daisy.

Oh, and the girl hitting .727, NO WAY!

Big fish, small pond.

Bring them down and let her face Ooltewah, GPS or Soddy Daisy.

Oh, and the girl hitting .727, NO WAY!

I agree she is playing in a weak district, but she is going to be a very strong pitcher. She cant help that she lives in the Coalfield area She is only 8th grader and she is throwing upper 50's now.

Catsbackr, The Coalfield pitcher has already faced some of the girls from your region in travel ball. Did pretty good also. She has thrown 62 mph before on several occasions, but is consistant around 58-59 mph. Let us know what tournamnets some of these teams will be in and we will come down. Not this year, but we will schedule for next year. Coalfield's coach believes in playing better ball with tougher teams to make our girls better. SEE YOU SOON.

Kim Hall from Oliver Springs is the real deal when is comes to softball players. She had 17 k's is the game at Coalfield last week. For those of you who don't believe what her batting avg. is, go watch her and you will change your mind. I know she has attracted the attention of some big schools at the next level recently as well.

Good Job Kim !!!

Catsbackr, The Coalfield pitcher has already faced some of the girls from your region in travel ball. Did pretty good also. She has thrown 62 mph before on several occasions, but is consistant around 58-59 mph. Let us know what tournamnets some of these teams will be in and we will come down. Not this year, but we will schedule for next year. Coalfield's coach believes in playing better ball with tougher teams to make our girls better. SEE YOU SOON.

What travel ball team does she play for? And what age group? Cause I am guessing if she is in 8th grade ahe probably played 12u or 14u last year??

Not off Kim Hall, he couldn't. Beside's that, ain't he dead?