BEST IN EAST TENN

justafan01

There are no "gold teams" in Knoxville or the surrounding area....and only a couple of real "gold" teams in the entire state. There was only one TN team in the field of 64 last year and the pitcher for that team went to Southern Illinois. She was one of the best to come out of TN. Kim is good...so is the Monday kid from Maryville....Thomas from Gibbs....Woods from Unicoi....but none are ready for real Gold ball.....this is not a slam....just a fact. True gold pitchers.....how about Holly Thomas from Ooltewah, Hosfield from Riverdale (injured though), or Renfro out west....maybe a few more. There were a couple of Gold level pitchers out of knoxville the past couple of years....one is playing at UTC right now. Please, don't reply and get ugly....there is a difference between good (even great) and the elite.....Knoxville has some good...even great pitching...but give the elite girls thier due!

Who are ones you considered Gold level out of Knoxville area?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

There are no "gold teams" in Knoxville or the surrounding area....and only a couple of real "gold" teams in the entire state. There was only one TN team in the field of 64 last year and the pitcher for that team went to Southern Illinois. She was one of the best to come out of TN. Kim is good...so is the Monday kid from Maryville....Thomas from Gibbs....Woods from Unicoi....but none are ready for real Gold ball.....this is not a slam....just a fact. True gold pitchers.....how about Holly Thomas from Ooltewah, Hosfield from Riverdale (injured though), or Renfro out west....maybe a few more. There were a couple of Gold level pitchers out of knoxville the past couple of years....one is playing at UTC right now. Please, don't reply and get ugly....there is a difference between good (even great) and the elite.....Knoxville has some good...even great pitching...but give the elite girls thier due!

Just curious, how do you know that none of these young ladies are Gold material? Have you seen all there patetials?

Who of them has the real heart to succeed, and who may just be good for the time? I really don't think you know that much about any of these young ladies. I am not being ugly, just stating what I feel is the fact. Have a Great day. P.S. I could be wrong in this opinion, but I would have to know proof before I could judge your opiinion.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Just curious, how do you know that none of these young ladies are Gold material? Have you seen all there patetials?

Who of them has the real heart to succeed, and who may just be good for the time? I really don't think you know that much about any of these young ladies. I am not being ugly, just stating what I feel is the fact. Have a Great day. P.S. I could be wrong in this opinion, but I would have to know proof before I could judge your opiinion.

See there you go...I didn't say they were not Gold material....just that they are not ready for the elite...read the post. I assume when you say "Have you seen all there patetials?" that you mean have you seen all their potential...and no.....I am sure they will all improve and could make Gold level pitchers...but it is only partially hard work....the other is just intrinsic ability....even genetics..... Regardless, until they have seen and played real Gold Ball, and proven themselves worthy, you shouldn't take away from the elite by just saying they can! Can any of these girls put up the numbers the three I listed can...against the competition they have....again not slamming....just stand back and be objective.

See there you go...I didn't say they were not Gold material....just that they are not ready for the elite...read the post. I assume when you say "Have you seen all there patetials?" that you mean have you seen all their potential...and no.....I am sure they will all improve and could make Gold level pitchers...but it is only partially hard work....the other is just intrinsic ability....even genetics..... Regardless, until they have seen and played real Gold Ball, and proven themselves worthy, you shouldn't take away from the elite by just saying they can! Can any of these girls put up the numbers the three I listed can...against the competition they have....again not slamming....just stand back and be objective.

Maybe you should decide about Renfroe after she actually plays Gold....................

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Quote" but none are ready for GOLD BALL" thats pretty evident you stated there not GOLD material.

Thanks for making so clearly that I had a mispell word, I really appriciate it. Still have not explained how you know so much? Plese make your self known, don't hide behind just a name on the computer as you can see I don't, not trying to get into a hissy contest with you I just like to try and share knowledge, it helps me learn also Thank you.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Quote" but none are ready for GOLD BALL" thats pretty evident you stated there not GOLD material.

Thanks for making so clearly that I had a mispell word, I really appriciate it. Still have not explained how you know so much? Plese make your self known, don't hide behind just a name on the computer as you can see I don't, not trying to get into a hissy contest with you I just like to try and share knowledge, it helps me learn also Thank you.

It is not evident to me at all...not being ready for Gold and not Gold material are two different things. Just because a freshman is not ready for Gold doesn't mean she won't be in a year or two. And I wasn't pointing out you mispelled a word...just making sure I understand your intention. Again, I mentioned the girls in the previous post in a positive light....not negative AT ALL. But the ones that have played at the Gold level and succeeded deserve a little separation. They have earned it. In time maybe the others will as well.

By the way, I am not "hiding"...there are plenty who know me on these boards....AND who says I know so much...I thought message boards were made to express opinons....this one is mine.....take it or leave it. I have been around for a while.....and seen more softball than the average parent....but that doens't make me right.....just old! If you disagree just say so....I promise not be cross in my retort:)

Played for Knoxville Lady Eagles at M-boro in fall show case.

Some people use term "GOLD" loosely,without ever have seen or played.

I apologize for my ignorance in not knowing Kim. I was impressed by the Knoxville Lady Eagles pitcher that threw against us in the 1st game of the tournament. Threw it by a few of our kids.

I apologize for my ignorance in not knowing Kim. I was impressed by the Knoxville Lady Eagles pitcher that threw against us in the 1st game of the tournament. Threw it by a few of our kids.

Dont know who threw first game for L. Eagles or who they played in first game (TN Fury?)but pitchers from the fall were:

Freshman- Kara Woods- Unicoi County

Sophmore- Rachel Cogdill- Knox Central

Junior- Miranda Rayburn-Heritage

Junior-Kim Hall-Oliver Springs--Kim is now palying for the White Lighting

I have to take up for Final Chapter,he and his family have paid their dues! They played in places like Birmingham, Columbia S.C., Denver CO, and Oklahoma. He's been there as a coach, involved parent, and an innocent bi-stander. Him and people like him (KTA, TNT, Ole Blue, and Merle from WB) helped paved the way for East Tennessee Softball. They could have had trophies in Pigeon Forge, Morristown, and Erwin, but they chose to play where the competion was. Yes, I would say he has seen his share of softball!

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> I apoligize for being rude to the final chapter, just get rapped up in this sometimes forgive me.

Thanks for all your input did not mean to be so rude. Take care.