bat question

JimmyBuffett

03,04 cost you an arm and a leg to buy one off e-bay though...

03,04 hits the ball 15 to 20 feet further. Cost are high for these bats, but it is coming down(these bats even if in wrapper have no warranty). Unfortunately, most of the 03, 04 Rocket techs now available on ebay are in the 33 inch 24 ounce size not the most popular size of 32 inch 23 ounce this meens your daughter better be stout because these bats are extremely end loaded which is why they are so hot. Have had players swing bats including 03,04,05-07(nobody I am involved with swinging 08)Rocket techs, Catalyst(yellow, light blue, and dark blue),and Synergy(gray with orange and gray with dark blue trim). All of these bats listed perform extremely well and girls that are smaller probably will do better with the Synergys, but nothing out performs the 03, 04 Rocket tech. It isn't even close. I have heard that the Rip-it bats are pretty good, but have yet to see one in use. Worth Mayhem bats pretty good also, but have reliability issues. I have heard of several of these "exploding"

03,04 hits the ball 15 to 20 feet further. Cost are high for these bats, but it is coming down(these bats even if in wrapper have no warranty). Unfortunately, most of the 03, 04 Rocket techs now available on ebay are in the 33 inch 24 ounce size not the most popular size of 32 inch 23 ounce this meens your daughter better be stout because these bats are extremely end loaded which is why they are so hot. Have had players swing bats including 03,04,05-07(nobody I am involved with swinging 08)Rocket techs, Catalyst(yellow, light blue, and dark blue),and Synergy(gray with orange and gray with dark blue trim). All of these bats listed perform extremely well and girls that are smaller probably will do better with the Synergys, but nothing out performs the 03, 04 Rocket tech. It isn't even close. I have heard that the Rip-it bats are pretty good, but have yet to see one in use.

Combat Virus FP (hot and is composite) Does not dent.

Anyone tried the new Nike composite yet? Made by same company as Combat, Rip It, Schutt.

As for pop, I've heard all these stories for years about the '04 being so much 'hotter' than the other models. Anderson will tell you there is no difference in the basic design of those bats as it applies to how much 'pop' they have. Basically, they (Anderson Bat Compnmay) told me that the only change from 04 to 05 was the paint job.

http://messageboard.andersonbat.info/showt...age=4&pp=10

There have been other changes through the years that in my opinion have made them better bats (I especially like the change in the way the end caps are made with the '08.) There were so many problems with those pins (or rivets) that hold the end cap in place on any of them before '07. I've personally hit with all those bats, and as far as the amount of carry - I don't see a nickel's worth of difference in any of them. I sure wouldn't pay the premium price that I've seen some people selling those '04's for. My opinion: RT is still the best bat out there and you don't have to chase down a certain year's model to get a good one.

the demarini phenix has ton of pop out of the wrapper. my daughter put two over the fence in practice and the ground balls have alot of spin making it hard for infielders to field the ball.you can catch a good deal on ebay for a good price and that goes for any brand of bat your child prefers.