District 11AAA

rebelj

I wanted to start a thread about anything 11AAA - comments, details, dates and times of games being made up, etc.

There are some good matchups this week that will go towards deciding seedings for the district tourney next month.

Brentwood-Centennial is a good one on Tuesday. I bet Brentwood will be fired up to avenge the upset loss they had to the Cougars last year. Brentwood wins in a "closer than the experts think" 2-1 nailbiter.

Indy-Overton. Indy will continue their winning ways 2-0 setting up a match on Thursday.

Franklin-Indy. This should be a fun one with the extremely up and down unpredictable Franklin. Gotta go with Indy 3-2 just because they have been way more consistent to this point.

Overton-Brentwood- Overton lost too much from last year to tie Brentwood like they did last year. Brentwood rolls 4-0.

What do players, fans, etc. think about these upcoming matches this week?

Also, anybody got info on when Franklin-Overton and Ravenwood-Indy are being made up?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to start a thread about anything 11AAA - comments, details, dates and times of games being made up, etc.

There are some good matchups this week that will go towards deciding seedings for the district tourney next month.

Brentwood-Centennial is a good one on Tuesday. I bet Brentwood will be fired up to avenge the upset loss they had to the Cougars last year. Brentwood wins in a "closer than the experts think" 2-1 nailbiter.

Centennial is a good team, wasnt at the game anybody who was - any reports. A 1-0 win for Brentwood

Indy-Overton. Indy will continue their winning ways 2-0 setting up a match on Thursday. Indy wins 1-0, game was not very close, eagles hit the woodwork at least 4 times, did everything but score!

Franklin-Indy. This should be a fun one with the extremely up and down unpredictable Franklin. Gotta go with Indy 3-2 just because they have been way more consistent to this point.

Overton-Brentwood- Overton lost too much from last year to tie Brentwood like they did last year. Brentwood rolls 4-0. Overton keeper was the best player on the field against Indy and against Franklin in the playoffs last year

What do players, fans, etc. think about these upcoming matches this week?

Also, anybody got info on when Franklin-Overton and Ravenwood-Indy are being made up?

Ravenwood v Indy maybe on Friday April 25th.

Ravenwood v Indy maybe on Friday April 25th.

I figured more people would want to discuss 11AAA than they have so far. Maybe as more games are played people will have more to say.

Centennial looks very good and may be the closest team to beating Brentwood. The sky is the limit for the Cougars. The game last night was 0-0 until about the 70th minute when Bradley Jacobs headed one off the post and then scored on the rebound. Yet again, this is about the tenth time I have seen the opposing team get little to no shots or pressure on the Brentwood goalie Leedle. Bizarre moments of the game- #12 on Brentwood showing the crowd what the score was, and a couple of the Centennial players arguing and shoving each other. These may be the best 2 teams in 11AAA.

Centennial have Ravenwood and Franklin left, should be interesting run in toward the playoffs.

I haven't seen Overton this year, but I do remember them having a good goalie last year. I'm sure he helps keep the games close with all of their new starters.

I am also glad Franklin got another notch in the win column with their 4-0 victory over Hillwood.

Looking forward to tomorrow night's Franklin-Indy match at Cheek Park. Could be an interesting one and will continue to help clear up standings within the district.

As far as the results so far, how would you even rank the teams 1-8? It is very confusing at this point.

Bizarre moments of the game- #12 on Brentwood showing the crowd what the score was, and a couple of the Centennial players arguing and shoving each other. These may be the best 2 teams in 11AAA.

Bradley Jacobs, #12, was responding to the taunting of Centennial students at the game. He had just wiped out when his brakes blew out after rushing the goalie. All around ... it was quite hilarious.

The argument between the Centennial players was the result of crossed signals in "forming a wall" to combat a direct kick. I don't think it will happen again. Emotions were running high since it was shortly after Brentwood scoring.

Rebelj, I agree with you. I think Centennial will end up being one of the top teams along with Brentwood this year in the 11AAA. Centennials mistake last night was holding on too long to their defensive-leaning game plan after Brentwood had scored.

Bradley Jacobs, #12, was responding to the taunting of Centennial students at the game. He had just wiped out when his brakes blew out after rushing the goalie. All around ... it was quite hilarious.

The argument between the Centennial players was the result of crossed signals in "forming a wall" to combat a direct kick. I don't think it will happen again. Emotions were running high since it was shortly after Brentwood scoring.

Rebelj, I agree with you. I think Centennial will end up being one of the top teams along with Brentwood this year in the 11AAA. Centennials mistake last night was holding on too long to their defensive-leaning game plan after Brentwood had scored.

I thought it was funny too. A very similar thing happened between #12 and the crowd at the Franklin-Brentwood game talking about the score. I love the passion in these 11AAA rivalries.

This is the best Centennial has been in a couple of years. You can just tell by watching they are very organized and are supposed to have an excellent coach.

I think these are the district standings concerning just the district matches in 11AAA thru today

1. Brentwood 4-0

2. Independence 3-1

3. Ravenwood 2-1

4. Franklin 2-2

5. Centennial 1-1

6. Overton 1-3

7. Hillsboro 1-3

8. Hillwood 1-4

I haven't seen Overton this year, but I do remember them having a good goalie last year. I'm sure he helps keep the games close with all of their new starters.

Al-Zhyri is a really strong keeper for Overton but he will have to continue with Brentwood, Centennial, Franklin remaining.

Feel free to make corrections if something is missing...

Team _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Games left to play:

1. Brentwood 4 ??“ 0 ??“ 0 (Overton/Ravenwood/Independence)

2. Independence 3 ??“ 1 ??“ 1 (Ravenwood/Brentwood)

3. Franklin 2 ??“ 2 ??“ 1 (Overton/Centennial)

4. Ravenwood 2 ??“ 1 ??“ 0 (Centennial/Independence/Hillsboro/Brentwood)

5. Centennial 1 ??“ 1 ??“ 0 (Franklin/Hillwood/Hillsboro/Overton)

6. Hillsboro 1 ??“ 3 ??“ 0 (Hillwood/Centennial/Ravenwood)

7. Overton 1 ??“ 3 ??“ 0 (Brentwood/Centennial/Franklin)

8. Hillwood 1 ??“ 4 ??“ 0 (Hillsboro/Centennial)