Baylor v McCallie

CSAS Soccer

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't find the game time in the newspaper. A little help please? How bad will the parking situation be?

The game is listed for 6. I assume that there is either not a JV match or that it is being played prior to then. I expect that parking will be a challenge. Does anyone know a place to park other than the lot adjacent to the field?

park in a parking area at the light at the enterence and walk across the street. It is my trick for football season. Makes for a quick exit. The business should be closed before 6 so it should be no issue. jv is @ 4, v @ 6

The game is listed for 6. I assume that there is either not a JV match or that it is being played prior to then. I expect that parking will be a challenge. Does anyone know a place to park other than the lot adjacent to the field?

Glad I could come to this game. Only the 2nd Baylor McCallie game I have ever been at.....tremendous game. Baylor for sure possessed the ball better and kept it on their end the most. Especially the 2nd part of the 2nd half....they kept the pressure on and had McCallie on their heels. Both are great teams but I for sure give the edge to Baylor. #12 has so much speed for the red I thought he was going to score several times. #8 also for Baylor on defense is a great defender and has one of the best accurate throw ins that I have seen around. Ref missed a big handball in the box that would have given Baylor a great chance late in the game. One of the best games I have been to and it for sure was worth the hype it gets.

Bluelion you are right this game always lives us to the hype....both played a very good game with Baylor having the most threats. Red Raiders did keep the pressure on did a good job controlling it. Really thought we were going to score several times in the 2nd half as we created opportunities. Very physical game and the refs really let them play with no cards being thrown. # 8 on defense is Andrew Roden. He is as good a defender as I have seen. Always consistant, tough. His throw in is as good as you will see and it creates alot of opportunities for the red. #12 is Sam Williams a sophomore. Glad to get him back as he has been out for several games. Great speed and skills. Both great teams. Go Baylor!

Glad I could come to this game. Only the 2nd Baylor McCallie game I have ever been at.....tremendous game. Baylor for sure possessed the ball better and kept it on their end the most. Especially the 2nd part of the 2nd half....they kept the pressure on and had McCallie on their heels. Both are great teams but I for sure give the edge to Baylor. #12 has so much speed for the red I thought he was going to score several times. #8 also for Baylor on defense is a great defender and has one of the best accurate throw ins that I have seen around. Ref missed a big handball in the box that would have given Baylor a great chance late in the game. One of the best games I have been to and it for sure was worth the hype it gets.

Baylor did a great job in the 2nd half of creating scoring opportunities. Seemed they were right there and tried to take that extra step to get closer and that gave the defense time to get in position. I think you are talking about #12 because he did a great job of getting in position and several times had a chance to score. This was a very good soccer game with two outstanding teams. Baylor's great defense did a very good job of shutting down the blue offense with their best chance to score coming in the first half.

Baylor seemed to create plenty of chances to score, but didn't capitalize. Their mids did a great job of distributing the ball out wide to set up some pretty good scoring opportunities. I thought for sure that #2 was going to put one in from in the box. I thought the ref did a good job not throwing out cards. If he had, there would have been quite a few and it really wouldn't have helped that much. Both teams played great. Hope to see them play again.

Bluelion you are right this game always lives us to the hype....both played a very good game with Baylor having the most threats. Red Raiders did keep the pressure on did a good job controlling it. Really thought we were going to score several times in the 2nd half as we created opportunities. Very physical game and the refs really let them play with no cards being thrown. # 8 on defense is Andrew Roden. He is as good a defender as I have seen. Always consistant, tough. His throw in is as good as you will see and it creates alot of opportunities for the red. #12 is Sam Williams a sophomore. Glad to get him back as he has been out for several games. Great speed and skills. Both great teams. Go Baylor!

You make it sound like baylor dominated this game, and only didn't win because they couldn't capitalize. this was not the case. not by a long shot. this was one of the most two-sided games i have ever seen, not to mention a crazy intensity level from both teams/fans. baylor did not control the game. they only had one decent shot on frame in the whole second half (zander wide open from about the 10), and still the MC keeper saved it. zander had a rough game, got knocked around quite a bit there in the late 2nd half, much to the amusement of the mccallie fans. as for the throw-ins from roden, they are indeed a thread and it is quite impressive how far he can throw the ball, especially dangerous on the offensive half of the field. and i agree he is a strong defender. however, to say that the red's defense kept everything out and controlled the game is just biased and inaccurate, as anyone who saw the game could tell. there were multiple times in the first and second halves where the ball bounced around the goal mouth and the six, baylor scrambling to clear it out. kerr and crabtree ripped holes in the fab back-4, and it actually surprised me that not even one of the multiple opportunities landed. hill johnston and jesse morgan played like animals, dominating the head-balls in the midfield area shutting down both kelly smith and zander davis. especially zander davis. oliver benton won nearly every header in the back, and really saved the blue from the potency of roden's throw-ins. matt higgins in the net kicked the ball 18 to 18, even winning a corner kick off of one. the defensive half of the team played solid the whole game, and kept their composure, for the most part. the game gave a hint of getting out of control there at the very end, when jesse sat zander down. two yellows could have been given there, but the ref wisely kept it in the pocket and let the boys play, which was for the wiser. i applaud #12 on his streaking runs down the line: they successfully created more lethal scoring opportunities that kelly smith could boot over the net. one of the best and most intense games you can get in this area, even though it was scoreless. great job to both teams for a very entertaining soccer game.

You know I reread my post and don't see what got you on a rant. I said both teams played great. Did not say any team dominated. Both teams are very impressive for sure. What I meant was we had multiple chances in the 2nd half and it seemed instead of ripping it...we would try to get that perfect position and allow the defense to step in. Just a bit to hesitant. But Baylor did have the better opportunities in the 2nd half. To say that Kerr and Crabtree ripped holes thru the red is grossly inacurate...as anyone that witnessed the game knows. They are both very good players but the defense contained them pretty well ....especially Crabtree. I wonder why you are so amused at wanting to rip Zander though. It was rather entertaining watching Jesse get redfaced as well. The Baylor fans found that as amusing. I agree with you about the refs. It was a rough game and cards could have been thrown....at that point they were wise not to. I don't see how they missed the handball on McCallie though in the box....everyone saw it. Regardless, it was an outstanding soccer game played by two outstanding teams. It was indeed an entertaining game by both teams that may see each other again in playoffs.

You make it sound like baylor dominated this game, and only didn't win because they couldn't capitalize. this was not the case. not by a long shot. this was one of the most two-sided games i have ever seen, not to mention a crazy intensity level from both teams/fans. baylor did not control the game. they only had one decent shot on frame in the whole second half (zander wide open from about the 10), and still the MC keeper saved it. zander had a rough game, got knocked around quite a bit there in the late 2nd half, much to the amusement of the mccallie fans. as for the throw-ins from roden, they are indeed a thread and it is quite impressive how far he can throw the ball, especially dangerous on the offensive half of the field. and i agree he is a strong defender. however, to say that the red's defense kept everything out and controlled the game is just biased and inaccurate, as anyone who saw the game could tell. there were multiple times in the first and second halves where the ball bounced around the goal mouth and the six, baylor scrambling to clear it out. kerr and crabtree ripped holes in the fab back-4, and it actually surprised me that not even one of the multiple opportunities landed. hill johnston and jesse morgan played like animals, dominating the head-balls in the midfield area shutting down both kelly smith and zander davis. especially zander davis. oliver benton won nearly every header in the back, and really saved the blue from the potency of roden's throw-ins. matt higgins in the net kicked the ball 18 to 18, even winning a corner kick off of one. the defensive half of the team played solid the whole game, and kept their composure, for the most part. the game gave a hint of getting out of control there at the very end, when jesse sat zander down. two yellows could have been given there, but the ref wisely kept it in the pocket and let the boys play, which was for the wiser. i applaud #12 on his streaking runs down the line: they successfully created more lethal scoring opportunities that kelly smith could boot over the net. one of the best and most intense games you can get in this area, even though it was scoreless. great job to both teams for a very entertaining soccer game.

You know I reread my post and don't see what got you on a rant. I said both teams played great. Did not say any team dominated. Both teams are very impressive for sure. What I meant was we had multiple chances in the 2nd half and it seemed instead of ripping it...we would try to get that perfect position and allow the defense to step in. Just a bit to hesitant. But Baylor did have the better opportunities in the 2nd half. To say that Kerr and Crabtree ripped holes thru the red is grossly inacurate...as anyone that witnessed the game knows. They are both very good players but the defense contained them pretty well ....especially Crabtree. I wonder why you are so amused at wanting to rip Zander though. It was rather entertaining watching Jesse get redfaced as well. The Baylor fans found that as amusing. I agree with you about the refs. It was a rough game and cards could have been thrown....at that point they were wise not to. I don't see how they missed the handball on McCallie though in the box....everyone saw it. Regardless, it was an outstanding soccer game played by two outstanding teams. It was indeed an entertaining game by both teams that may see each other again in playoffs.

it was an unintentional arm-ball in the box, and oliver's arm was at his side...really a case of if the ref is willing to make a picky call and give such a close and great game away on a pk. and i only saw jesse get redfaced after he floored zander. i didnt mean to rip on him, he's a great player, but he lost his head in the second half, and in my opinion he got his just desserts for riding kerr's back like he did. haha, i just want to see what happens when these two teams can't end in a 0-0 tie. i think the past 3 B vs M games have ended regulation time with that score. two excellent defenses combined with two great offenses that somehow can never seem to just put the ball on frame... and the rant wasn't directed just at you, though it mightve seemed that way. im just defending an excellent mccallie team who don't seem to have favor on these boards