D-1/D-2 2008 playoffs!

LXFAN

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D-1 West conference is a mess, The east looks like its wrapped up with WBB being the odd man out unless they pull out a win against Farragut, any thoughts on the West?

Im not sure about tie breakers, but with Houston winning tonight and a Franklin win on Friday, there would be a three way tie. MUS and Houston are locked in. So what are the tie breakers?? If it went to power rankings i think it could be christian bros and franklin if ive figured it right.

Not that big of a mess since the tiebreaker is determined by head-to-head. So the winner of 2nd Houston/MUS game takes the #1 seed, unless the coaches agreed to play goal differential before the first game.

So wouldn't it be: MUS or Houston-1, MUS/Houston-2, CBHS-3, USN-4?

Winner of MBA/McCallie takes the #1 seed in the playoffs. So Fri.'s a big night for TN lax. MBA/McCallie-1, MBA/McCallie-2, Ravenwood-3, Farragut-4

Semifinals:

East 1 vs. West 4

East 2 vs. West 3

East 3 vs. West 2

East 4 vs. West 1

How is D2 shaping up?

Not that big of a mess since the tiebreaker is determined by head-to-head. So the winner of 2nd Houston/MUS game takes the #1 seed, unless the coaches agreed to play goal differential before the first game.

So wouldn't it be: MUS or Houston-1, MUS/Houston-2, CBHS-3, USN-4?

Winner of MBA/McCallie takes the #1 seed in the playoffs. So Fri.'s a big night for TN lax. MBA/McCallie-1, MBA/McCallie-2, Ravenwood-3, Farragut-4

Semifinals:

East 1 vs. West 4

East 2 vs. West 3

East 3 vs. West 2

East 4 vs. West 1

How is D2 shaping up?

What if Franklin Beats CBHS????

Franklin lost to CBHS 10-9 in overtime i think. I watched the game and franklin obviously was the better team. They were running CBHS the whole game and then franklin slipped during the 4th and just played bad lacrosse. With the help of a referee the game went to overtime. The ref called a penalty with 2 seconds left and the ref said there was really 5 seconds left. CBHS took that 5 seconds for the gaming tying goal. Then took the game with a trash goal in overtime. Props to CBHS though, they are very good team. I believe franklin would have done better in the play offs.

Franklin lost to CBHS 10-9 in overtime i think. I watched the game and franklin obviously was the better team. They were running CBHS the whole game and then franklin slipped during the 4th and just played bad lacrosse. With the help of a referee the game went to overtime. The ref called a penalty with 2 seconds left and the ref said there was really 5 seconds left. CBHS took that 5 seconds for the gaming tying goal. Then took the game with a trash goal in overtime. Props to CBHS though, they are very good team. I believe franklin would have done better in the play offs.

I agree that the majority of the game was absolutely dominated by Franklin but I disagree that Franklin is the better team. With all of the things that CBHS has had to deal with injury wise, there is no way that you could say that Franklin is the better team. Play that game at the beginning of the year and CBHS wins by almost 10. Yes, Franklin played better the majority of that game but the collapsed at the end and CBHS found a way to battle back from a 7 goal deficit in the 4th. Also, the penalty that actually did occur with 3 seconds left was actually a penalty as the Franklin played cross-checked #30 from CBHS into the ground. Yes, the penalty actually did occur and it was with 3 seconds left. The shot in overtime was not trash in any way as the CBHS player was standing 12 yards from the cage for a time and room shot and he buried in the back of the net with poise. This is a team who recently lost their best offensive player and who played without 2 of their starting long poles. Nolan Vihlen absolutely killed Franklin at the face off position as he lost only one and that was an illegal procedure. Say all you want but I do think that CBHS is by far the better team. I will say one thing about Franklin and that is that John Ellis played an outstanding game and was the major reason that Franklin was able to pull away the way they did throughout and 1st through 3rd quarters. The guy needs more back up as it is simply too hard to play a game by yourself and he ran out of gas in the 4th quarter which proved to be the downfall for Franklin. Good game to the entire Franklin team but I still stand by my remark that CBHS is the better team, hands down.