D-1/D-2 2008 playoffs!

LXFAN

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the majority of the game was absolutely dominated by Franklin but I disagree that Franklin is the better team. With all of the things that CBHS has had to deal with injury wise, there is no way that you could say that Franklin is the better team. Play that game at the beginning of the year and CBHS wins by almost 10. Yes, Franklin played better the majority of that game but the collapsed at the end and CBHS found a way to battle back from a 7 goal deficit in the 4th. Also, the penalty that actually did occur with 3 seconds left was actually a penalty as the Franklin played cross-checked #30 from CBHS into the ground. Yes, the penalty actually did occur and it was with 3 seconds left. The shot in overtime was not trash in any way as the CBHS player was standing 12 yards from the cage for a time and room shot and he buried in the back of the net with poise. This is a team who recently lost their best offensive player and who played without 2 of their starting long poles. Nolan Vihlen absolutely killed Franklin at the face off position as he lost only one and that was an illegal procedure. Say all you want but I do think that CBHS is by far the better team. I will say one thing about Franklin and that is that John Ellis played an outstanding game and was the major reason that Franklin was able to pull away the way they did throughout and 1st through 3rd quarters. The guy needs more back up as it is simply too hard to play a game by yourself and he ran out of gas in the 4th quarter which proved to be the downfall for Franklin. Good game to the entire Franklin team but I still stand by my remark that CBHS is the better team, hands down.

I do agree that injuries can hurt a team, but i was stating that Franklin was the better team in this game. Maybe not at the begining of the year, but they did that game. Franklin did get destroyed on Face-offs but you have to understand that it was a junior and a sophmore facing off for franklin. This Nolan guy has a scholarship, of course he will destroy them. I think for you to say that CBHS would have won by 10 at the beginning of the year is a little dramatic. You are under estimating Franklin alot. I believe another game at the beginning of the year would go to CBHS, but by 3 at the most. Franklin didn't play top notch that game either. I just believe that the referee helped CBHS with the clock. The game film shows the whistle being blown at 2 seconds. Also when i said "trash goal" i meant it by he was wide open after a shot bounced off the goal and some one tossed him the ball. Franklin had a good team effort that game, John ellis did play a good game but Franklin's #21 played better if you didn't notice. I would like to see CBHS and Franklin play again with everyone at full health. That would be a good game.