RII D4-AA Who's gonna make it out of this battle

VOLMAV77

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

District 4AA Predictions

I see a repeat similar to last year with AC and Loudon dueling it out at the top. With Catholic, CAK and the rest falling in behind.

1.) AC will be first, they are a blue collar team that seems to go to work everyday like they are punching a time clock. Good hitting, solid defense, and dominating pitchers when they throw strikes! White, Farmer, York and Price have dominating stuff when they are ahead in the count. Rorex and York have great speed and are disciplined at the plate. Farmer, Foster, White, Pack and Ellis have pop in their bats, all have deep threat potential. Young, but good aggressive coaching staff. Keys to win: AC can't relax!

2.) Loudon is a perennial power in District 4AA, however in the past 3 years seem to be one step behind AC. They are a gritty solid all round group. Crafty pitching, stubborn defense, and they put the ball in play, they have a couple of power threats, but if you can beat those guys you have a chance to win. Coach Thompsons bunch is always tough and ready to play with a never quit attitude. Hey the guy has been there since the inception of the program, he knows how to win so do his teams. Keys to win: Find another gear, kick it in overdrive to get past AC!

3.) Catholic will finish 3rd in the Shadows of AC, and Loudon. They are a solid group of players with tough pitching, and good hitting offense. They execute bunts, hit and runs, hit behind the runner etc. However their defense will let them down, they tend to kick it around a bit. Can't make throws from pitchers mound to homeplate!!!! Irwin is tough with some zip on his ball, good slider/curve, different arm angle and delivery than most pitchers, he will have to be crafty to lead this group to the top. Sullivan is a fundamental coach, perhaps too fundamental in that he is too easy to read. Plays small ball well, but often takes the bat out of his hitters hands to bunt, this isn't the Big Leagues, let em swing. Good group with potential. Keys to win: Mental Toughness lacks with the Irish, they look pretty so does their field, but baseball is a gritty game, you gotta have grit.

4.) CAK

5.) Kingston

6.) Stone Memorial

7.) Scott

Well, well, well from what I remember the boys at AC have always done well in the district but choke after that. The question is can AC produce after the district? KCHS is steadily improving and hungry, Coach Sullivan will have the boys ready come tourney time. Loudon swept KCHS earlier but the Irish have regained their focus beating AC pretty well last week. It will be an exciting tournament like last year. The Irish will prevail this year.

Well... this will be the first time i have posted in a while.

I was at the first game between Loudon vs Catholic and Loudon and Catholic were both very poor in that matchup. If Catholic can just hit their subpar pitching Catholic will take that win fairly eaisly. However, Loudon won game one by poor bunt defense execution by Catholic and Cosner started a few innings with key doubles. My prediction would be Catholic winning if they start out well but if they dont score in the first 3 inning Loudon will win because they are a scrappy team.

AC vs Loudon i would give the upper hand to AC in this one it seems AC has been able to beat them eaisly in the past few years. However i think that CAK can sneak up on any team if Kolenski throws so dont count them out of any first round matchup.

AC vs Catholic... i would say its a toss up... both teams have been pretty good this year and Catholic has come on late hitting the ball pretty well..

All of these games depend on starting pitchers... i think Catholics one and two are very good.... AC's are good but took a hurt with no Burge... and Loudons are not as good... but somehow they can scrap a win together...

It will be close but i think AC and Catholic will advance with AC as the one seed and Catholic as the two seed... I thought this last year and Loudon came from losing to catholic game one 10-0 to making it so you never can tell.. Goodluck to all the teams...

I think Ballisticswizard has this one pretty much nailed. If CAK burns Kolinski to get to AC they are pretty much done. Can they juggle their pitching rotation to get Kolinski to face AC? Loudon seems to own the Irish and have taken their mojo. AC has the pitching depth for tournament time if they can find the strike zone. They can't afford to go through 3 of their better pitchers in one game like they had to at Catholic. The Irish need to avoid their normal butterfingeredness and leave the soccer shoes in the closet to make it out of the district. Glad to see Coach Sullivan finally doled out some punishment to his party boys even if it was after getting through the AC games. Justice is now served in his usual hypocritical fashion. Better late than never I guess. Maybe he'll start playing the players that deserve to play instead of his favorites with the start of the tournament. Be nice to maybe see some of the guys that are actually hitting the ball get to see what the game looks like from the field instead of DHing or pinch hitting.

D4-AA as of now is a close battle. You have loudon who sweep catholic and AC who sweep loudon and catholic who split who AC. THese teams are pretty evenly matched. Who do you think is going to make it out of this district tournament?????

GO IRISH!!!

Even...........??????

AC 3-1 in these games

Loudon 2-2

Irish 1-3

.750, .500, .250 yes sir it looks to be pretty evenly matched - NOT!

Well, well, well from what I remember the boys at AC have always done well in the district but choke after that. The question is can AC produce after the district? KCHS is steadily improving and hungry, Coach Sullivan will have the boys ready come tourney time. Loudon swept KCHS earlier but the Irish have regained their focus beating AC pretty well last week. It will be an exciting tournament like last year. The Irish will prevail this year.

Produce after district?? Lets see, 2 years ago AC was state semi-finalist. Last year they ran into a guy who pitched a the game of his life pretty much. Definitely not taking anything away from him. Lets think about what Catholic has done after district....wait a second they havent made it out of district yet. Good call....(pause) NOT.

Produce after district?? Lets see, 2 years ago AC was state semi-finalist. Last year they ran into a guy who pitched a the game of his life pretty much. Definitely not taking anything away from him. Lets think about what Catholic has done after district....wait a second they havent made it out of district yet. Good call....(pause) NOT.

Well 2 years ago was a different team, they have obviously lost quite a few of the players that got them there. Byrge, Pack, the 2nd baseman (can't remember his name) and the 2 gwinn boys. I just think this year the Irish will prevail in the district. From what I remember last year Seymour tagged the ace Byrge, for 6 or 7, AC put up 1. State champion caliber teams win those games, hey I'm not saying AC hasn't been good, or isn't good, I just think this year there number is up in the district. I think it means more to KCHS because they haven't been there. I mean even the 2nd game between AC and KCHS the umps screwed up that call on the ground rule double, if that call is made the right way KCHS sweeps AC, and we aren't having this discussion.

Well 2 years ago was a different team, they have obviously lost quite a few of the players that got them there. Byrge, Pack, the 2nd baseman (can't remember his name) and the 2 gwinn boys. I just think this year the Irish will prevail in the district. From what I remember last year Seymour tagged the ace Byrge, for 6 or 7, AC put up 1. State champion caliber teams win those games, hey I'm not saying AC hasn't been good, or isn't good, I just think this year there number is up in the district. I think it means more to KCHS because they haven't been there. I mean even the 2nd game between AC and KCHS the umps screwed up that call on the ground rule double, if that call is made the right way KCHS sweeps AC, and we aren't having this discussion.

New players for both but the same story. Isn't the Sullivan regime 0-fer against Loudon and 1-fer vs. AC? No wonder they're hungry. Any team is going to change when they lose 5 players that are/will play at the next level. IF the Irish happen to make it out of the district, maybe the coaches from Loudon and AC will give the munchkin a map to Murfreesboro since they've both been. Catholic has lost several key players also but none at the level of the 5 you just named.

Since you are obviously an ump, maybe you can explain your logic in saying that a proper ruling from the Men in Blue would have given you the win? After the rulebook was busted out by Coach D it became very apparent Sullivan isn't quite as sharp as he thinks regarding the rulebook. Instead of blaming the umps which ended up getting the call right why don't we take off our green tinted glasses.

A simple 20 foot toss to the plate....and you sir are right-we're not having this discussion

How about fielding a couple of routine grounders at 2nd....and you sir are right-we're not having ths discussion. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Bigdawg.. the fan was making a legit point... until you came in with your pointless jabber about how you hate catholic and sulivan blah blah... Either make an educated point or don't respond with your pointless hate towards catholic... it gets nothing accomplished

Thanks