RII D4-AA Who's gonna make it out of this battle

VOLMAV77

Bigdawg. Glad to see your private school education stuck. I hope the one you are buying for your son sticks as well.

Two big differences with recruiting at AC and Catholic. Catholic plays with multiplier/AC does not. Catholic parents pay for school/ AC back-ups parents pay for starters. Sorry, mine is as public school education.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ballisticswizard- You're about to fall into my category with all the "mean things" you're saying about the Irish.

Recruiting is probably a wash if gatalife wants to evaluate. Pretty much nailed it for AC but the Irish's top 4 players should be at Karns, AC, Carter and Bearden with an infusion of younger players that didn't go to one of the feeder schools. Just like the AC players all were brought in as freshmen with the exception of the Bearden player who is probably kicking himself about now. Recruiting edge should shift to Catholic given the strengths of the football program and the loss of Guinn. All is done within the rules on both sides before that battle starts up.

I agree with some of the points both sides seem to have taken.

1. Tend to agree with your statements(BW) but the players at Catholic are really no different than the players I've seen at Farragut, Bearden, Webb and CAK. It is what it is! AND I wouldn't say that MANY go to school at Catholic for free and if they do, I sure hope the TSSAA doesn't look into the ones that are athletes-that's illegal. Care to elaborate Irish Legacy?

2. All agree Catholic has what may be the best field in the state. I don't think the Catholic Church kicked in anything for the field but the family of a current player made a very large contribuition to get it started and to help with the fieldhouse later. Also 2 parents have done the bulk of the work on the fieldhouse and cage. Don't forget all the hours that parents put in on the green monster itself.

Let's not forget the hours of field work that were REQUIRED in order to even try out! And to think a lot of those kids were cut after being forced to work on the field for 20+ hours for the right to try out in the summer. I don't guess the coaches teach any social studies classes or the terms slave labor and/or indentured servitude would have sprung to mind.

3. Both teams have been pretty well hand picked based on earlier facts stated above for both.

gatalife- Before you start trashing people and slamming their education level, you may want to start with a spelling lesson followed by a session regarding grammar, capitalization and punctuation! See, my private school education at least paid off. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Irish Legacy- I'll address your question about me in a lot longer post/expose in about 12 months when there can be no repercussions to several people involved in the situation. To quote from the movie Next of Kin, "You ain't seen bad yet....but it's comin"

1. BigDawg09 let me start by saying that I am grateful for you backing up the fact that Catholic kids are as normal as any other high schoolers. As for your comments about not many kids going to Catholic for free and the TSSAA and what not, I believe it was not taken as it was meant. I purely stated that the money set aside by the Catholic Church for students was for those who could not afford to go to school at Catholic. I never said that athletes received this money. If they have received I'm sure that they meet the objective qualifiers, such as family income and what not. I don't have it all memorized but I know it is for hardship cases where money for tuition is involved. For instance, I believe that there is a pretty good football player from AC that chose to go to Catholic after one member of the family was kicked out of AC and was graciously given a home at KCHS. I know that he pays full price to go, even though by Ballistics standards and many others on here, he would have been a prime candidate for recruiting (That is if we recruited, which we do not. BigDawg09 I'm sure you'll back me up on that claim).

2. As for the parents who work on the baseball facilities, I'm very sorry that I forgot to mention the parents. I know they put in a lot of time for the program, which is a testiment to their character and love for their children and the school. My comments were made to shut the people up who say that no hard work was given by the players who get the priviledge of enjoying their field. Yes I know that one family donated a large amount of money to start the facilities. I know the family personally. It was very generous of them and is yet again a testiment to the Catholic name and the type of people that the school develops. However, the field that they helped create and the one that exists today are miles apart (As a result of the players, coaches, and parents of the program's hard work). It is down right rude of people to downplay their efforts and call them snobby and imply that they are gifted everything they have. As for the hours of field maitenance that were "required," they were actually not. I believe the comments were along the lines of that if you were going to try out and had time to help and wanted to offer your time to maintain the field before tryouts, that you were welcome to do so. No one had to help and anyone could have not helped at anytime.

3. Finally, it is ludicrous to say that Catholic or AC have hand picked their teams. Kids choose to come to Catholic. If they were not in the feeder school and chose to come for high school then so be it, but I would dare say that if Catholic or AC could hand pick their teams that they would be heading out towards Farragut for their kids, or maybe to Bearden.

As for getting to know who you are BigDawg09, I look forward to it. I understand that you might have a child or spouse or someone other than yourself that might not benefit from you stating who you are and I respect your integrity for not wanting to put them through any unneccesary repercussions as a result. For that I commend you. I am curious, if it is ok with you, as to whether you are a Catholic graduate yourself?

I'm kind of curious as to where everyone on this thread went? I mean, I would have thought that all the AC trash talkers about how Catholic nevers wins anything and doesn't make it out of district would have something to say. I just thought that I'd post so that the thread wouldn't get buried too much farther back on the message boards. BigDawg? Ballisticswizard? Where are you guys?