2008 1a picks

South Pittsburg, Trousdale Co., not sure, not sure, not sure. It could be anyone after that. And as far as the kid from NJ coming to SP, it would be nice to see him playing for SP, but I don't think it will neither help nor hinder his chances of being recruited by a big SEC school. So, if he is just looking for a championship, then come to SP.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a load of crap...f9d not one fan i know of has even mentioned maryville or alcoa nor have i seen one say we will win state.. The only thing Ive seen is maybe spitt be in the top 2.. lol ala? Ga? id like to meet them.. when you read post you should learn how to really read them.. the only out of state person that has even been talked about was NJ Tena.. and that was a question about a rumor that his mom may be wanting to move here.. But as u already know im sure since ur so brain heavy... Thats only 12 miles away!!!!geesh some people.....If spitt does as wel as I think they can.. NOT WILL... its because of the great part the jr high and below coach's are doing here now....id say 99% of every player u will see here has lived here or has family here, Im sure if u have watched them you will have known they have been playing here for several years down thru the ranks here.. geesh.,

Geno...he is just

South Pittsburg, Trousdale Co., not sure, not sure, not sure. It could be anyone after that. And as far as the kid from NJ coming to SP, it would be nice to see him playing for SP, but I don't think it will neither help nor hinder his chances of being recruited by a big SEC school. So, if he is just looking for a championship, then come to SP.

I 110% agree Mike..... he is going div1 no matter what he does,.. Im sure he wants a ring tho... But can u imagine he and David as Lb? WOW lol talking about a run shutdown def....

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> So now we are a private school?? Jealousy has no bounds /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

So who do we have from GA? I have missed that kid. We do have a kid from Germany but he is going home

I think before everyone, especially our own fans, pencils us in as state champs we might want to wait until Spring practice is over so we can see if we have a line. If we can get 5 good starters we will still be very thin in the #2 spots. After graduating 13 seniors we will not have the depth we had last year (and before you say it I understand that your post was dripping with sarcasm)

ZP, GENO, & OP

I assure you there was no sarcasm intended. After watching your team "steamroll" every opponent they faced in las years playoffs I have the utmost respect for your team and program. As for the Maryville& Alcoa statement I was just referring to some threads I saw last year where some in SPitt claimed they could have beaten those teams. Personally, I'm not sure that you couldn't have beaten Alcoa. Maryville may have been a stretch, though. I heard numerous people say S. Pitt was the best in the state in 1A-3a last year and I can't say that they weren't. Can YOU?

Apparently you guys need to learn how to take a compliment.

Is it customary to bash anyone outside S Pitt who pays your program compliments?

Anyway I'd say with Temple dropping football, Satterfield & Dillard stepping stepping down as coaches that it only leaves a few coaches in 1A who can say they have coached teams that could play with South Pitt and the great program you guys have established.

Learn how to take a compliment and recognize when others outside the Pitt ae paying you respect. Best of luck with your season. And by the way I meant what I said about the next 6 state championships! ZP has convinced me of this.

ZP, GENO, & OP

I assure you there was no sarcasm intended. After watching your team "steamroll" every opponent they faced in las years playoffs I have the utmost respect for your team and program. As for the Maryville& Alcoa statement I was just referring to some threads I saw last year where some in SPitt claimed they could have beaten those teams. Personally, I'm not sure that you couldn't have beaten Alcoa. Maryville may have been a stretch, though. I heard numerous people say S. Pitt was the best in the state in 1A-3a last year and I can't say that they weren't. Can YOU?

Is it customary to bash anyone outside S Pitt who pays your program compliments?

Anyway I'd say with Temple dropping football, Satterfield & Dillard stepping stepping down as coaches that it only leaves a few coaches in 1A who can say they have coached teams that could play with South Pitt and the great program you guys have established.

Learn how to take a compliment and recognize when others outside the Pitt ae paying you respect. Best of luck with your season. And by the way I meant what I said about the next 6 state championships! ZP has convinced me of this.

Old Pirate says it sounded like someone trying to rattle a few cages.

SP fans are very proud of their program and are thankful for the respect shown to this small community and it's tradition rich football program.

OP says many thanks /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> .......... hope the Pirates can once again provide an exciting team as OP is sure they will.

ZP, GENO, & OP

Well I can only speak for myself.. when you make a comment like spitt is recruiting and "private" school thats bull. we dont have to recruit we have enough talent here... last year was last year.. I am one of the ones that said we could play with not beat maryville.. but that was last year... I dunno about 6 championships in a row.. if we get 1 we have accomlished something.... I know how to take a compliment but as i said we dont recruit.. nor are we private...

If it wasn't sarcasm then how is accusing our program of recruiting and calling us a "private" a compliment?? Obviously you are simply stirring the pot or you need to learn how to give a compliment. I just don't believe you intended the post as a compliment regardless of what you say now so I'm calling BS /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

IMO, I believe Trousdale will be alot stronger than last yr. Im not just sayin that because thats where im from im sayin it because they pnly lost three sr last yr and only 2 of them played with the third injured. WATCH for the gold helmets!

I agree...they were young last year and will still be young but more experienced this year. The coaching transition may be the only thing that holds them back. It is tough to predict how smoothly that will go and IMO will depend on how much of the system is changed. There will be a learning curve for the kids. They have a very good coach but he is a long time coordinator who has a learning curve as head coach as well. I'm sure Coach Sat will be there to help as needed.

If it wasn't sarcasm then how is accusing our program of recruiting and calling us a "private" a compliment?? Obviously you are simply stirring the pot or you need to learn how to give a compliment. I just don't believe you intended the post as a compliment regardless of what you say now so I'm calling BS /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Your program is great, your fan base is strong and your knowledge and exertise on BS is unsurpassed in S Pitt according to many. However, I'd still say your team is 2nd to none in 1A right now. Sorry for the compliments! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />