best freshman in 1a

michael3

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chattanooga Times Free Press...............it s the local news paper in the Chattanooga area. You ll have to go back a couple of pages/weeks to find the stats on the LOCAL kids. Go to the website and you can look at all the stats.

Thanks my simple mind and way of thinking was "TFP" Tennessee Freshman Players.

I think that amos kid from silverdale is pretty stout...hes batting .590 and hes one of the best centerfielders ive ever seen...my wildcats dont have very many talented freshman so i think the amos kid has my vote....

This Kid Eats & Sleeps Baseball, He also played for the River City Rage. Oh yea Great Parents too.

Look man, being a frshman starting on varsity is NOT A BIG DEAL in 1a ball !!!!!!!!!!! Thats why parents send there kids to these small schools...........they get playing time. Could nt even make the team anywhere else in most cases. Now saying that theres always the exception which comes around rarely that you ll have a real stud but when you ve got some of these freshman batting .400-500 against mostly flops around town thats nothing to bragg about, i would love to see these kids challenged is what you need to become better as player, i seen in the TFP where the majority of the stat leaders are from small 1a schools with no pitching and no defense from the looks of the stolen bases stats. I know some of the people in the top 5 and you could nt get them to stay in the batters box in middle school because they were scared to death when real pitching was coming at them and could nt steal a base if they wanted to. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I Agree, Having Kids that play at a 1A school with Baseball History we have to play 2A ,3A and sometimes D2 teams to get ready for Region & State. Oh yea, All the players with high batting averages didn't do good against us. GO JACKETS!

I Agree, Having Kids that play at a 1A school with Baseball History we have to play 2A ,3A and sometimes D2 teams to get ready for Region & State. Oh yea, All the players with high batting averages didn't do good against us. GO JACKETS!

The point being theres not much competetion in 1a schools as we all know..........then theres the public/recruiting 1a schools who rub it in the private 1a schools face. I didnt think the kids could hold to ya ll s pitching at all which just proves the point.

Look man, being a frshman starting on varsity is NOT A BIG DEAL in 1a ball !!!!!!!!!!! Thats why parents send there kids to these small schools...........they get playing time. Could nt even make the team anywhere else in most cases. Now saying that theres always the exception which comes around rarely that you ll have a real stud but when you ve got some of these freshman batting .400-500 against mostly flops around town thats nothing to bragg about, i would love to see these kids challenged is what you need to become better as player, i seen in the TFP where the majority of the stat leaders are from small 1a schools with no pitching and no defense from the looks of the stolen bases stats. I know some of the people in the top 5 and you could nt get them to stay in the batters box in middle school because they were scared to death when real pitching was coming at them and could nt steal a base if they wanted to. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

2seam,

Chandler started about half the time last year as an 8th grader on a team that played in the 1A state finals, DH'd when he did not start, and played in every game in the state tournament, including the finals. This kid is for real. He has the physical tools (guessing 6'00", 180) but more than that he has the mental toughness that great players have. He knows how to win and he'll find a way to deliver when winning time comes.

I don't know how anyone determines who the best freshman in the state is, but don't dismiss Noah Chandler as a kid who's getting a chance because he plays for a small school. You'll be hearing his name a lot for the next few years.

2seam,

Chandler started about half the time last year as an 8th grader on a team that played in the 1A state finals, DH'd when he did not start, and played in every game in the state tournament, including the finals. This kid is for real. He has the physical tools (guessing 6'00", 180) but more than that he has the mental toughness that great players have. He knows how to win and he'll find a way to deliver when winning time comes.

I don't know how anyone determines who the best freshman in the state is, but don't dismiss Noah Chandler as a kid who's getting a chance because he plays for a small school. You'll be hearing his name a lot for the next few years.

Never heard of him, where does he play ball ?????? Theres always exceptions as i said before but an 8th grader playing up, now come on man. I m sure he s good but it s like Volleyball,Basketball and evrything else in 1a.....it s not a big deal to play up when people are hurt or sick or whatever the case may be.

2seam,

Two seam has no clue what baseball talent is, go back and read some of his earlier post. I'd like to se him face some fomer 1A players like Mikey Minor, Will Clinard, and Logan Darnell when they were freshman pitchers in class 1a.

I'd also like for him to compare his freshman skills with former 1A stud hitters that have recently come thru programs like USJ, JCS, Goodpasture, FCS, that are now Collegate stars at programs like UT, Cumberland, Lipscomb, Trevecca, and Vandy. Granted now USJ and Goodpasture are in 2a but 4 years ago they were in 1a and I find it amazing how quickly they went from 1a title contenders to 2a State Champs. Those 2 prgrams now own the AA class and regularly beat AAA programs who are brave enough to schedule them. The difference in the "top" 1A programs and the 2A and 3A programs is non-existent. USJ, JCS, FCS, and Goodpasture all play anyone who will schedule them and win more than their share. They also turn out as more collegiate talent per student ratio than most of the larger AAA and AA schools. Get a clue 2 seamer.

Two seam has no clue what baseball talent is, go back and read some of his earlier post. I'd like to se him face some fomer 1A players like Mikey Minor, Will Clinard, and Logan Darnell when they were freshman pitchers in class 1a.

I'd also like for him to compare his freshman skills with former 1A stud hitters that have recently come thru programs like USJ, JCS, Goodpasture, FCS, that are now Collegate stars at programs like UT, Cumberland, Lipscomb, Trevecca, and Vandy. Granted now USJ and Goodpasture are in 2a but 4 years ago they were in 1a and I find it amazing how quickly they went from 1a title contenders to 2a State Champs. Those 2 prgrams now own the AA class and regularly beat AAA programs who are brave enough to schedule them. The difference in the "top" 1A programs and the 2A and 3A programs is non-existent. USJ, JCS, FCS, and Goodpasture all play anyone who will schedule them and win more than their share. They also turn out as more collegiate talent per student ratio than most of the larger AAA and AA schools. Get a clue 2 seamer.

you say the same CRAP in every post..........i said theres exceptions............all you talk about are the same schools and the same people, GET OUT IN THE REAL WORLD Single A

2seam,

I have personally seen Chandler play and he is for real. Jcs obviously doesn't play in a good district or region but that shouldn't take away from his talent. He can hit to all fields pretty well and is a great utility player in the field. Don't take anything away from him because he plays in 1a.