District 11AAA Tournament

RockUrWorld

So, the first round of the tournament is set:

@Brentwood (1) v. Overton (8)

@Centennial (2) v. Hillwood (7)

@Independence (3) v. Hillsboro (6)

@Franklin (4) v. Ravenwood (5)

Brentwood should pretty much roll over Overton. Funny how much difference a year makes. Brad Jacaobs was quoted by Chip Cirillo of the Tennessean (by the way based on Chip's articles so far this year, he is head over heals with Brentwood ... at least he is covering Soccer!) as saying he wanted to be the first Brentwood team to go undefeated and win State. Puke. In my opinion this is a long shot ... I think last year's Overton would trounce on this Brentwood team of "individuals".

Centennial versus Hillwood. Should be a definite blowout for Centennial after beating Hillwood last week 8-0 on their home field. Hillwood has some talent, but they make so many mistakes. Unless Centennial comes out over confident they should win this matchup. Their main task will be to avoid injuries. Centennial controls the ball well and is probably the strongest defensive team in the district.

OK, these last two matches are where it gets interesting. Hillsboro has the potential to upset. Independence is a team missing a leader. The only thing for sure about Indy is that they will have by far the most obnoxious fans at the game. If Hillsboro can score first, they can silence the fans and possibly win, since I think the only think inspiring about Indy is their fans.

Franklin is coming off of a painful loss to Centennial. I'm not willing to say how this game will go, but I think home field advantage will be a major factor. Can Boothie lead his team to victory? I sure hope so. Having Franklin in the final round will give it more excitement. Is it really that exciting to beat Ravenwood this year?

In the second round, I'd like to see Franklin upset Brentwood, and Hillsboro put a finish to Indy. I'm sorry but I see Indy nothing but an annoyance. A Franklin vs. Centennial final would be the best game in the last five years. Brentwood deserves to eat a little humble pie.

Now, you all know that I am just trying to get some conversation going. Come on Rebelj chime in. Come on Boothie and tell us how Franklin is going to shake off the tough losses they've had this season. Come on, this is one of the toughest districts in the State. Let's talk it up!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, today is a good day. Win or go home begins tonight.

Brentwood should be able to roll over a severely down from last year Overton team with a comfortable 4-0 win and rest some players late. No strategy here because Brentwood will merely win with far better talent.

Centennial is the most improved team from last year and play probably the most disciplined form of ball in the district. Tyson and the boys will get a glorified scrimmage in before their second round match with a 6-0 victory.

Like RockUrWorld said and I thought before I even read this thread, this is where things get interesting.

I agree completely with the statement and I couldn't quite put my finger on it during the season, but Indy doesn't seem to have a field general. There is a wealth of talent on the team to compete with most anyone, but there isn't that presence for when things get tight or close. Seeing that Hillsboro upset Franklin earlier this season and played some others close, I am going to go with Independence in a too close for their fans comfort 2-1 victory to move and advance.

I saved the best for last. You knew going in whoever ended up being the 4 seed was going to end up playing a solid Williamson County team in the quarterfinals. I do think Ravenwood is pretty down compared to the last couple of years, but I think it is because they are young. Franklin is a senior laden team with talent that can either destroy BGA 3-0 or get throttled by JPII 6-0. This game was 1-0 at Franklin earlier this year. I think this will be the game of the day in 11AAA and Franklin will squeak by Ravenwood 2-1 in OVERTIME.

I could be way off on these predictions, but it's fun to do them. I think all 4 top seeds will advance to the semis, but a couple will be very close.

I think the semis are going to be insanely fun and crazy games. I got some strange feelings about the semis which I'll get to after tonight.

P.S. - I'm sure current players do not want to chime in on their own games they are involved in (afterwards would be more appropriate for details), but maybe they can say what they think will happen in the other games since they are so familiar with these opponents.

I'm pretty sure brentwood, centennial, and indy will easily win, but I think it all depends how the first 10 minutes go in each game. I'm obviously not commenting on the franklin game, but which game is everyone planning on going to?

rockurworld? rebelj?

yeah the final was 3-1

Congrats to all the winners tonight. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make a single game tonite.

Now here is where it gets interesting. I plan to watch both games. Like I said before I'm hoping for an upset of Brentwood by Franklin. It's entirely possible.

Rest up and be ready for Wednesday! It's gonna rock.