District 11AAA Tournament

RockUrWorld

Good game by both teams. Brentwood seemed to posses the ball the first half and went up 1-0. Second half Franklin kept the ball on Brentwoods side for quite a while and got a couple oppurtunities. Jacobs went in for a loose ball with the keeper and tempers started to get out of hand, Jacobs got a straight red and another Franklin defender got a yellow. Quite a bit of pushing and kind of questionable on the red card but Brentwood's defense held off an intense last 5 mintues to win the game. So much for all the upset talk, I think Centennial would be a better game but Brentwood is definitely the better team.

That red card was well deserved. If he had come away with anything less that would have been questionable. Anytime you go cleats up into the goalkeeper who is in the process of possesing (sp?) the ball its a red. Safety of the goalkeeper is a priority for the referee.

Oh and the Brentwood coach seemed like a jerk. Have never heard one good thing about him and saw why.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, didn't see that Indy/ Centennial score coming, Well done Indy! You all finally get over the hump this year.

Funny that #12 from BHS got a straight red tonight, he deserved one at the end of their quarter final game on Monday. Quite ironic they will lose him for two when loss really doesn't matter in the 11AAA finals nor the crossover match with 12AAA the latter of which they will still win anyway.

Brentwood will push Ha into the lineup and win 1-0 on Friday. Wouldn't mind seeing Indy win though.

Wow, didn't see that Indy/ Centennial score coming, Well done Indy! You all finally get over the hump this year.

Funny that #12 from BHS got a straight red tonight, he deserved one at the end of their quarter final game on Monday. Quite ironic they will lose him for two when loss really doesn't matter in the 11AAA finals nor the crossover match with 12AAA the latter of which they will still win anyway.

Brentwood will push Ha into the lineup and win 1-0 on Friday. Wouldn't mind seeing Indy win though.

Congrats to Indy on beating Centennial. Not to take anything away from their win, but I wouldn't say that either of their goals were that incredible and due more to defensive mistakes on CHS than good ball handling on the part of Indy. In fact, I believe the first was an "own goal". Indy did play tough defense and deserved the win. And tonite you really needed to win. Nice job.

On the red card to Brad Jacobs, I only hope that he can learn something from this. It really took the wind out of Brentwood's sails and this is going to be a bit of an obstacle playing without him. Nevertheless, I think Brentwood will still come out on top of Indy.

Congrats to Indy on beating Centennial. Not to take anything away from their win, but I wouldn't say that either of their goals were that incredible and due more to defensive mistakes on CHS than good ball handling on the part of Indy. In fact, I believe the first was an "own goal". Indy did play tough defense and deserved the win. And tonite you really needed to win. Nice job.

On the red card to Brad Jacobs, I only hope that he can learn something from this. It really took the wind out of Brentwood's sails and this is going to be a bit of an obstacle playing without him. Nevertheless, I think Brentwood will still come out on top of Indy.

Regarding the Indy/Centennial game and as it goes for most close fought battles on the field, the team with the fewest mistakes often win.....Indy captialized when they needed to and didn't make too many mistakes of their own. As I said in my earlier post, it was a great game with both teams showing a ton of heart and playing hard.

Indy's playing tough right now.....could be the upset of the century in the making for tonight's final!

That straight red against Jacobs was such a BS call. He was going up for the ball, contact was only made when franklin's keeper grabbed his leg. If you are going to give the defender who pushed him down afterwards only a yellow then Jacobs should of gottten a yellow as well. His cleats weren't up and no part of the collission was on purpose or meant to be malicious. This goalie safety comes first rule is a load of crap, play your freakin game.

That straight red against Jacobs was such a BS call. He was going up for the ball, contact was only made when franklin's keeper grabbed his leg. If you are going to give the defender who pushed him down afterwards only a yellow then Jacobs should of gottten a yellow as well. His cleats weren't up and no part of the collission was on purpose or meant to be malicious. This goalie safety comes first rule is a load of crap, play your freakin game.

Whats BS is your post. What he did was cheap and uncalled for. Never do you jump mid air cleats up and collide with the goalie as he is getting ready to posses the ball. The red card was well deserved and the action came across malicious. You can not let those things go and expect to keep control of the game. It was a very good call. As for the franklin player, the yellow card was correct. He was standing up for his keeper and though he should not of done what he did a shove is no where near a drop kick to the chest. Thats why he got the yellow.

Whats BS is your post. What he did was cheap and uncalled for. Never do you jump mid air cleats up and collide with the goalie as he is getting ready to posses the ball. The red card was well deserved and the action came across malicious. You can not let those things go and expect to keep control of the game. It was a very good call. As for the franklin player, the yellow card was correct. He was standing up for his keeper and though he should not of done what he did a shove is no where near a drop kick to the chest. Thats why he got the yellow.

You must have been munching on your hot dog because you obviously missed this play. Playing on a football field has it's advantage, you sit high up and can actually see what is happening.

I understand you being a reb fan and all but tell me how can you have cleats up going up for a header. 12 would have missed the goalie completey if not to the push in the back from the defender he had clearly beaten. I also understand how this must look from the referee's position at mid field. Not even remotely close to actually see what happened. Being that far from the play he should have asked the lineman for help but I didn't notice if he was in position or not either. Seems like the linesmen were always in the way of both teams all night so who knows. That whole referee team should only be allowed to ref chess matches.

The play is over the game is over it is what it is. ... and whomever called it a BS call was right has correctly assessed the play. Too bad for 12 getting the short end of it. Play on!!!

dude, you're a moron. you have no idea what you're talking about. when you jump up to head the ball, cleats up is impossible. that term refers to a slide tackle, which wasn't even part of the play. when he jumped, it was most definatly cleats down. yeah he collided with the goalie but he was playing the ball because the goalie caught it and looked like he was going to drop it. he should have gotten a yellow at most and #25 for franklin should have been the one that had gotten a straight red. he came in after the whistle and just pushed over #12. if they gave a red then it should have been a double red.

There appear to be several different views of this play. but, UMrebel21, you obviously were not there. There were no cleats in the air and whoever told you that didn't see it. The Brentwood player was going up to head the ball (unless he's a contortionist he couldn't get his cleats into a chest). The ball, bounced and had not been touched by the Franklin keeper. That's a 50/50 ball the striker has every right to try and head that ball into the goal. Had the Franklin keeper gon e up for the bal with outstretched hands the 2 players would probably have hit chests. But as it was the Keeper stayed on the ground and the airborne Brentwood striker went over his back. That made it look very bad. I honestly don't even remember if the Franklin keeper went to the ground. Then the Franklin player came in with a shove to the ground and another Franklin player had to be physically restrained by teammates.

It appeared that when the ref was trying to explain the call to the Brentwood coach that he kept bringing his knee up. Which, I took to mean that the ref thopught the Brentwood player had brought his knee up intentionally into the Franklin keeper. That part is speculation on my part of what I thought I saw the ref doing.

My opinion is that it could have been a no-call on both players going for a 50/50 ball. Possibly a foul even a weak yellow, because the Brentwood player was a bit out of control and jumped into the keeper. A Red was not called for in this situation and was a bad call that results in long term repercussions. Looked to me like he over reacted.

The ref in this game overall did not do a bad job. There were times when I could see the game getting more and more physical and heading out-of-control and felt the ref could have calmed it down with a call here and there.

All I am going to say is the call was accurate. In no way was that a 50/50 ball. He did not attempt to head the ball first, it was chest high. Anytime you endanger the keeper the way he did it is going to be card and most likely red. If the same play happened involving a franklin player and brentwood goalie I would have expected the same outcome. The moran here is not me but you guys who do not understand nor respect the game of soccer.