State AAA!

pseudophobia

I love this time of year. All the talk begins. But who wins it all? I think a lot of it has to do with who has played the tougher schedule, and who is best suited to face "great" competition for 5 games in a row. To give an idea of who has played the tough schedule consider the following:

I will put the top 11 teams- per Eurosport- the percentages is win loss record of all the opponents for each team- the first percentage is produced by taking the ties and splitting them. Example a team has 20 ties they count as 10 wins 10 losses. The second set of percentages eliminates the ties. Here is how it breaks down:

win percentag with ties without ties

1 Brentwood 52.7 53.2

2 Farragut 61.2 62.4

3 G-Town Hou 58.3 59.7

4 West 63.4 65.2

5 Kinsport DB 50.8 50.9

6 Bearden 66.8 68.8

7 Cleveland 52.8 52.8

8 Cookville 56.0 55.1

9 Riverdale 51.9 51.5

10 Independence 52.5 52.3

11 Collierville 50.4 50.3

I made this for one reason- look at the schedules of Farragut, Bearden and West. The top 3 toughest schedules- based on their oppenents records. Farragut and Bearden play a schedule like this all of the time!! Wonder why 6 of the last 7 state championships have been won by these 2 schools?? This is the reason. West has learned something- they have played the toughest schedule they can get....and I believe it will pay off for them. As for Brentwood, Kingsport DB and Cleveland and the rest.....beware! It looks great being undefeated...having only played 1 ranked team all year...(Brentwood)- but what happens when the playoffs get here? We are about to find out!!!

Comments please!!! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK...Pseudo I'll bite. Maybe this should stir things up. Remember you heard it here first.

The 8 teams that will make it to the state tourny are;

Brentwood - Should be a lock

Farragut - Ditto

West - If they can handle the pressure to get there. But watch Bearden.

Cookeville- Seen them play and not my strongest pick

Cleveland - Said it once already, If they can keep their head on straight, should be there

Independence - Second best team in Middle Tn.

Houston &

Collierville - They are the west for now

To everyone else: If you don't like my picks, then post yours. But end the end you know I'll be right.LOL.

OK...Pseudo I'll bite. Maybe this should stir things up. Remember you heard it here first.

Farragut - Ditto

Cleveland - Said it once already, If they can keep their head on straight, should be there

Houston &

To everyone else: If you don't like my picks, then post yours. But end the end you know I'll be right.LOL.

how can you leave hendersonville out on this one

Farragut - Ditto

Houston &

I have seen Collierville and Kingsbury play more than once this year and you need to replace Collierville with Kingsbury.

Bearden dosen't have a chance this year.

Otherwise right on.

how can you leave hendersonville out on this one

I'm got Independence and H'ville playing in sub-state againest each other with Independence winning. I could be wrong, but time will tell. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

How did H'ville loose to Mt. Juliet? That had to hurt.

I have seen Collierville and Kingsbury play more than once this year and you need to replace Collierville with Kingsbury.

Bearden dosen't have a chance this year.

Otherwise right on.

Soc523 I checked out Kingsbury.....very impressive, I might have to eat crow with Collierville. Thanks for the heads up /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

farragut

bearden

blackman

shelbyville

brentwood

centennial

houston

kingsburry

AAA

Brentwood State pick

2 Farragut State Pick

3 Houston State Pick

4 Knox West

5 Shelbyville State Pick

6 Independence

7 Bearden State Pick

8 Dobyns-Bennett

9 Hendersonville

10 Cookeville

11 Franklin

12 Riverdale

13 Cleveland

14 Dickson Co

15 Centennial State Pick

16 Blackman State Pick

17 Collierville

18 LaVergne

19 Ooltewah

20 Morristown West

21 Kingsburry State Pick

22 Maryville

23 Lenior City

24 Ravenwood

25 Karns

Mj these are your top 25's from last week, big difference compared to your state final picks. Are your picks for the state tourny from the heart or the head? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I love this time of year. All the talk begins. But who wins it all? I think a lot of it has to do with who has played the tougher schedule, and who is best suited to face "great" competition for 5 games in a row. To give an idea of who has played the tough schedule consider the following:

I will put the top 11 teams- per Eurosport- the percentages is win loss record of all the opponents for each team- the first percentage is produced by taking the ties and splitting them. Example a team has 20 ties they count as 10 wins 10 losses. The second set of percentages eliminates the ties. Here is how it breaks down:

win percentag with ties without ties

1 Brentwood 52.7 53.2

2 Farragut 61.2 62.4

3 G-Town Hou 58.3 59.7

4 West 63.4 65.2

5 Kinsport DB 50.8 50.9

6 Bearden 66.8 68.8

7 Cleveland 52.8 52.8

8 Cookville 56.0 55.1

9 Riverdale 51.9 51.5

10 Independence 52.5 52.3

11 Collierville 50.4 50.3

I made this for one reason- look at the schedules of Farragut, Bearden and West. The top 3 toughest schedules- based on their oppenents records. Farragut and Bearden play a schedule like this all of the time!! Wonder why 6 of the last 7 state championships have been won by these 2 schools?? This is the reason. West has learned something- they have played the toughest schedule they can get....and I believe it will pay off for them. As for Brentwood, Kingsport DB and Cleveland and the rest.....beware! It looks great being undefeated...having only played 1 ranked team all year...(Brentwood)- but what happens when the playoffs get here? We are about to find out!!!

Comments please!!! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Regarding Brentwood and the records of their opponents--- Brentwood actually played five ranked teams (current rankings). It just happened that four of them were out of state teams. They were Grissom (AL), ranked #1 in 6A with a record of 26-2-1; Oak Mountain-(AL), ranked #3 in 6A with a record of 19-7-2; Habersham Central- (GA), ranked #15 in 4A with a record of 16-2-1 and Putnam City North-(OK), ranked #8 in 6A with a record of 10-4. At the time Brentwood beat them, Grissom, Habersham and Putnam City were all unbeaten.

Throwing out the record of "TBA" on their schedule the revised won-loss-tie records of Brentwood's opponents would be 145-72-27 or 145-72 with ties eliminated for a percentage of appx. 67%.

Regardless of these numbers the only game that matters for Brentwood is the next one against a hot Franklin team in the District 11 AAA semifinals.

Before state becomes a topic Brentwood must get through some very tough teams. In the big picture, percentages don't win games for anyone.

Soc523 I checked out Kingsbury.....very impressive, I might have to eat crow with Collierville. Thanks for the heads up /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

They have two kids from Africa up front that are real fast and the rest of the field is made up of Latinos that have played coached organized soccer before and a coach that knows how to get the best from them. I don't see them winning state by any means but the balance might be changing in the west if they can build on this.

Should be and interesting State. I think there are 3 that can win it all - Brentwood, Farragut and Houston. Of course if the first round is 'brentwood vs houston or other options who knows. The Houston coach is new this year and none of the players are playing out of position and there are 14 seniors so that is my prediction without putting it in writing.

Regarding Brentwood and the records of their opponents--- Brentwood actually played five ranked teams (current rankings). It just happened that four of them were out of state teams. They were Grissom (AL), ranked #1 in 6A with a record of 26-2-1; Oak Mountain-(AL), ranked #3 in 6A with a record of 19-7-2; Habersham Central- (GA), ranked #15 in 4A with a record of 16-2-1 and Putnam City North-(OK), ranked #8 in 6A with a record of 10-4. At the time Brentwood beat them, Grissom, Habersham and Putnam City were all unbeaten.

Throwing out the record of "TBA" on their schedule the revised won-loss-tie records of Brentwood's opponents would be 145-72-27 or 145-72 with ties eliminated for a percentage of appx. 67%.

Regardless of these numbers the only game that matters for Brentwood is the next one against a hot Franklin team in the District 11 AAA semifinals.

Before state becomes a topic Brentwood must get through some very tough teams. In the big picture, percentages don't win games for anyone.

With the teams Farragut played in South Carolina; Eastside (19-3-1) #1 in 3A , Lexington (14-8-0) #5 in 4A, Emerald (13-6-1) #4 in 2A, and Cardinal Newman (18-6-0) #3 in SCISA. Farragut's opponent's records from SC would be 64-23-2 or with all teams it would be 186-95-22. or 66%. plus Farragut has 70GF and 9GA.