State AAA!

pseudophobia

I love this time of year. All the talk begins. But who wins it all? I think a lot of it has to do with who has played the tougher schedule, and who is best suited to face "great" competition for 5 games in a row. To give an idea of who has played the tough schedule consider the following:

I will put the top 11 teams- per Eurosport- the percentages is win loss record of all the opponents for each team- the first percentage is produced by taking the ties and splitting them. Example a team has 20 ties they count as 10 wins 10 losses. The second set of percentages eliminates the ties. Here is how it breaks down:

win percentag with ties without ties

1 Brentwood 52.7 53.2

2 Farragut 61.2 62.4

3 G-Town Hou 58.3 59.7

4 West 63.4 65.2

5 Kinsport DB 50.8 50.9

6 Bearden 66.8 68.8

7 Cleveland 52.8 52.8

8 Cookville 56.0 55.1

9 Riverdale 51.9 51.5

10 Independence 52.5 52.3

11 Collierville 50.4 50.3

I made this for one reason- look at the schedules of Farragut, Bearden and West. The top 3 toughest schedules- based on their oppenents records. Farragut and Bearden play a schedule like this all of the time!! Wonder why 6 of the last 7 state championships have been won by these 2 schools?? This is the reason. West has learned something- they have played the toughest schedule they can get....and I believe it will pay off for them. As for Brentwood, Kingsport DB and Cleveland and the rest.....beware! It looks great being undefeated...having only played 1 ranked team all year...(Brentwood)- but what happens when the playoffs get here? We are about to find out!!!

Comments please!!! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

cookeville was eliminated last night and independence and collierville might go tonight

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knightman and Hvillefootball, you two have soo much confidence in a hendersonville team that got murdered 6-2 to bearden. Have you all beaten any top notch teams to consider yourself even capable of competing in the AAA state tournament? Don't get me wrong you make good excuses for losing to bearden and you can beat the below par teams, but when you play good teams whats going to be your excuse then?

They did almost beat Brentwood and not to mention beat Knox Cath. and tied CAK. They're not doing bad just let their play do the talking. If they're truely a good team they will show it hear shortly

They did almost beat Brentwood and not to mention beat Knox Cath. and tied CAK. They're not doing bad just let their play do the talking. If they're truely a good team they will show it hear shortly

catholic and cak are AAA and you are AAA not a good comparison

catholic and cak are AAA and you are AAA not a good comparison

I don't know...I'd say it is a good comparison at that level. Seeing as though Catholic beat Bearden and a D2 JPII beat Farragut, although I realize that is different. It just shows that the distinctions between school categories are less divisive with regard to talent than ever and wins against strong A/AA and DII teams are good wins and vice versa.

Too bad bearden got murdered by farragut mr. backstrom..how do you feel about your school and that convincing win?

yeah i was real happy especially wit the pops coaching to hear they won 3-0 but since i wasnt at the game i didnt get to see how farragut matched up against beardens varsity. i am planning on coming to the district final friday which should be a huge game between farragut bearden with the loser traveling to wests awful field for an elimination game...intense

They are possibly the best teams in A/AA though. I mean CAK has won it like atleast 4yrs in a row i think.

also,

Bearden and KDB are both out.

well i think that makes farragut and west locks along with brentwood and houston

the only spots left the other memphis spot, the nashville area spot and the 2 southern middle tennessee/chattanooga spots

yeah i was real happy especially wit the pops coaching to hear they won 3-0 but since i wasnt at the game i didnt get to see how farragut matched up against beardens varsity. i am planning on coming to the district final friday which should be a huge game between farragut bearden with the loser traveling to wests awful field for an elimination game...intense

Backstrom get off our field it is top notch excellence with more than 3 sand dunes to show off. i think your just upset because we had you guys 2-2 last year in an upset that we should have won.. hahahaha

district finals

1 sullivan south vs science hill

2 greeneville vs morristown west

3 west vs oak ridge

4 farragut vs maryville

5 cleveland vs mcminn co

6 ooltewah vs soddy-daisy

7 blackman vs riverdale

8 shelbyville vs columbia

9 hendersonville vs lavergne

10 dickson co vs rossview

11 brentwood vs independence