OR/Maryville & Farragut/West

akula21

Wow, didn't expect these match ups a few days ago, but what an exciting post season it has been already with PK's and OT's to decide district championships. Just wanted to see everyone's thoughts on these rematches. OR and Maryville tied 2-2 with both Maryville goals in the final few minutes. Farragut over west 1-0 earlier in the season. Should be intense. I think Marvyille playing on OR field actually is an advantage, but OR seems to have turned it on so who knows. I think West being on the narrow farragut field makes those throws a difference maker, but again, farragut is so good and deep they can just wear you down and score in bunches. Should be some awesome games, wish I could make it to one, but I have a prior engagement with Big G /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Farragut / Maryville game was very good. Farragut would score and then Maryville would score. Farragut had the majority of the chances and possession, but this Maryville team is very special. They are a scrappy bunch and seem to play better when their backs are against the wall.

Now that I'm looking at the way things have shaped up, I believe Farragut got the tougher of the draw. West is going to be very hard to beat again, especially after the way they lost to OR last night. However, Oak Ridge thinks they deserved to beat Maryville the first time around but let them come back and score 2 goals in the last 1:30 of regulation. Either way both of these Semi-Final games will be very good.

Farragut will be at a disadvantage without Muth for 2 games. He anchored that defense and really was a crucial part on their set plays. This will definitely help West. So, Muth, I hope it was worth it. You might have saved a great scoring chance for Maryville, but I hope you haven't hurt your team in the long run.

Should be some awesome games, wish I could make it to one, but I have a prior engagement with Big G /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I have a good idea! Let's let your assistant coach wrestle my assistant coach and then we all just go to the other games as soon as they are done! I am sure Larry would go for that!

The Farragut / Maryville game was very good. Farragut would score and then Maryville would score. Farragut had the majority of the chances and possession, but this Maryville team is very special. They are a scrappy bunch and seem to play better when their backs are against the wall.

Now that I'm looking at the way things have shaped up, I believe Farragut got the tougher of the draw. West is going to be very hard to beat again, especially after the way they lost to OR last night. However, Oak Ridge thinks they deserved to beat Maryville the first time around but let them come back and score 2 goals in the last 1:30 of regulation. Either way both of these Semi-Final games will be very good.

Farragut will be at a disadvantage without Muth for 2 games. He anchored that defense and really was a crucial part on their set plays. This will definitely help West. So, Muth, I hope it was worth it. You might have saved a great scoring chance for Maryville, but I hope you haven't hurt your team in the long run.

I'm with you Ned. Can't believe a player would sacrifice two games in the playoffs like that kid did taking down Carter from behind. Very classless play by Farragut in my opinion.

I'm with you Ned. Can't believe a player would sacrifice two games in the playoffs like that kid did taking down Carter from behind. Very classless play by Farragut in my opinion.

I think classless is the wrong word here, though I was not at the game. Bonehead decision but not classless. Are there not times when the competitive edge takes over and a player is just playing in that moment and not thinking of the long term ramifications? Does not justify the decision, hence bonehead. But calling it classless is a little extreme.

I think classless is the wrong word here, though I was not at the game. Bonehead decision but not classless. Are there not times when the competitive edge takes over and a player is just playing in that moment and not thinking of the long term ramifications? Does not justify the decision, hence bonehead. But calling it classless is a little extreme.

If it was any team other than Farragut, I would say "bonehead" would fit perfectly. But these guys know exactly what they are doing. That is why soccerman identified this move as "classless." And then, seeing his teammates patting him on the back and him laughing about it really isn't showing much class. In this instance, I am going to have to agree that it was a classless move. But hey, they won the game and that's all that matters, right?

Maryville vs West for the region championship. No Bearden and Farragut this year.

Silly lcsoccer. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The State AAA tournament without Farragut and/or Bearden is inconceivable. I was closer to your age than BigG's the last time that happened and it won't happen this year. Farragut has played a championship schedule and the Admirals know how to focus in the tournament. Muth is a big loss but they will overcome. They have more players than any other team in East Tennessee. Someone will step up.

Not only will Farragut advance, I think we'll see another AAA gold ball come to Knoxville when all is said and done this year.

It would be very weird to not have Farragut or Bearden get out of regionals, but it can definitely happen. I agree with whoever said Farragut had the tougher game. They beat OR 3-0 earlier in the season and from what I heard they werent even putting 100% into the game. They struggled against West but got by with a 1-0 win. Maybe Muth shouldn't have pulled the guy down so he could have scored and Farragut could have lost so they can have the easier game. By this time they already knew West had lost. I don't really think that many people would be shocked if Farragut lost. I mean they weren't supposed to be as good as they are, especially after losing the talent from all over the field from last year. It iwll be an interesting game to see. What time does it start on Tuesday?