OR/Maryville & Farragut/West

akula21

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was any team other than Farragut, I would say "bonehead" would fit perfectly. But these guys know exactly what they are doing. That is why soccerman identified this move as "classless." And then, seeing his teammates patting him on the back and him laughing about it really isn't showing much class. In this instance, I am going to have to agree that it was a classless move. But hey, they won the game and that's all that matters, right?

Fair enough. Like I said, I was not at the game. But if players were patting him on the back and he was laughing about it I would agree that classless is the right word. Very unfortunate that was the response. Perhaps it will catch up with them sometime over the next two games and, consequently, winning that game will be of little consolation.

This is being blown out of porportion...There should be absolutely no complaining from Maryville on this matter. If anything they should be happy to have to play Oak Ridge at Oak Ridge compared to West at Maryville in the Region semifinal...Muth did it to prevent Maryville from scoring and basically winning the game..there was no show boating or laughing..heck Muth and Ridge are best friends..there were high fives yes...he stopped a goal..sometimes people get excited about that.

There should be absolutely no complaining from Maryville on this matter. If anything they should be happy to have to play Oak Ridge at Oak Ridge compared to West at Maryville in the Region semifinal...

I couldn't disagree with you more Pinball. You play to win championships. I see this is something that Farragut and Bearden have taken for granted the past couple of years. I am happy with Maryville's performance. But there is absolutely nothing to be happy about for being Runner-Up in anything!

But, I do believe everything happens for a reason. Maybe this will make Farragut stronger. Maybe this will make Maryville stronger. We will soon find out.

I am suprised that anyone can point the finger in a negative way at Farragut. Yes the foul was uncalled for (especially in a non-elimination game) but Muth obviously played the game to WIN. Farragut def knew that if they won that game, WEST would be next( it was in the paper Sat morning). They could have easily tanked that game and played a weaker opponent in OR. THen what would everyone be saying....?

No matter what they do, they are ridiculed by others that are jealous. BE THANKFUL to BHS and FHS for earning the whole state of TN's respect. (lcsoccer is a prime example)

The other players that congratulated him wanted to win also....thats why they were excited! If Muth would have hurt the MRYVILLE player from behind, there would have been no congratulations from anyone. There was respect from both teams on that field the entire time.

As for west losing to OR, this is a classic WEST team. They compete all year long, and then when it really matters, they buckle. If anyone has seen them play, they argue with each other and the REF more than they play the game. That is just the way it is and has been for years. History repeats itself in most sports.

OR vs. Farragut in the state finals a couple years ago ring a bell??????

OR and Farragut will advance

good luck to all 4 teams

This is being blown out of porportion...There should be absolutely no complaining from Maryville on this matter. If anything they should be happy to have to play Oak Ridge at Oak Ridge compared to West at Maryville in the Region semifinal...Muth did it to prevent Maryville from scoring and basically winning the game..there was no show boating or laughing..heck Muth and Ridge are best friends..there were high fives yes...he stopped a goal..sometimes people get excited about that.

If you know Muth trust me the last word you would use is classless. He is the most respectful kid around and yes it is true that he and Ridge are best friends and Muth would never do anything to hurt Ridge or any other player on purpose.

Yeah, I think this topic has dragged on long enough. What's done is done. Now we need to concentrate on the upcoming games tomorrow. Good luck to all. If the region tournament turns out to be half as entertaining as the district tournament was, I think we are all in for a good tournament Hopefully there will be some Knoxville teams competing at the end.

Out of all the Players at Farragut I would say one of the most classiest is J Muth. He is a warrior on the field and I am sure his thought process was , he didn't want to lose the game, so it was something he only had a second to think about, so I find the digs at him WAY OUT OF LINE. Let's say Ridge did score, Farragut came back and scored again in the overtime also, so it would have still been tied. I don't think Farragut or Bearden take anything for granted but one of them finds a way to win 6 out of the last 7 State Championships, so they understand winning. That is why I think they went for the win on Sat. Winners are always winners and dodge noone. Farragut will struggle without Muth for a short peiod before they fall into place and still win. Maryville and OR, I am still going to take Maryville in this one.

Out of all the Players at Farragut I would say one of the most classiest is J Muth. He is a warrior on the field and I am sure his thought process was , he didn't want to lose the game, so it was something he only had a second to think about, so I find the digs at him WAY OUT OF LINE. Let's say Ridge did score, Farragut came back and scored again in the overtime also, so it would have still been tied. I don't think Farragut or Bearden take anything for granted but one of them finds a way to win 6 out of the last 7 State Championships, so they understand winning. That is why I think they went for the win on Sat. Winners are always winners and dodge noone. Farragut will struggle without Muth for a short peiod before they fall into place and still win. Maryville and OR, I am still going to take Maryville in this one.

Sorry to beat this old horse some more, but I would call this foul tactically smart, but not strategically the best thing to do.

I don't Mr. Muth, but from the posts he must be Farragut's best or nearly best defender. Assuming your objective is the State championship, then Mr. Muth's foul was committed in what amounts to a pool game. He is not available for the next game, which is a knockout game. It would be much better to have your best defender for the knockout game.

Would have been better not to foul in this situation, in my opinion. Of course, I have the benefit of time. Mr. Muth had a second or two to make his decision.

Incidentally, I wonder why soccer doesn't adopt something like other sports (like rugby) where if a foul is committed that prevents what is almost certainly a score, then the referee can award a "penalty" score (in rugby, a try). The soccer equivalent would be a PK, regardless of the spot of the foul.

Best of luck to all regional semi-finalists. I hope you all are in top form, and may the best teams win.

Sorry to beat this old horse some more, but I would call this foul tactically smart, but not strategically the best thing to do.

I Best of luck to all regional semi-finalists. I hope you all are in top form, and may the best teams win.

Don't forget thy are young men who are playing a sport. Young men make mistakes.

It's not life and death.

Good luck Admirals. After watching 9AAA this year I can tell you your region is far superior to anything I've seen around here.

Coach Wallie brought Farragut to the next level now you young men need to keep it there!