Playoff Scores

BankofDad

Simple. It's a local paper. Two local teams played in the Develpmental League game and two non local teams played in the Varsity game.

Congrats to MUS and Brentwood.

Hopefully, Brentwood and Ryan will move into Varsity next year, giving us 12 teams on the Varsity level. There's really no reason Cookeville and Knoxville Webb couldn't move up as well.

Again, congrats to both teams on successful seasons.

Good Point. I guess teams in Nashville need to get better and move up to DI so things in Middle Tennessee can start to get more interesting. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to be negative, but I don't think Father Ryan will be moving up anytime in the near future. The senior class this year has really carried the program and it will be hard to replace them. I honestly think that we will probably fall to mediocre ranks of DII, but hope within five years or so, once the middle school programs get going good, the team can get back into competition in DI. Also, I'd like to add that Brentwood played a great game on Sunday, they deserved the win.

I hate to be negative, but I don't think Father Ryan will be moving up anytime in the near future. The senior class this year has really carried the program and it will be hard to replace them. I honestly think that we will probably fall to mediocre ranks of DII, but hope within five years or so, once the middle school programs get going good, the team can get back into competition in DI. Also, I'd like to add that Brentwood played a great game on Sunday, they deserved the win.

That's classy of you to say man. Same goes out to your team; it was an intense game all the way to the end.

And to back up what LXFAN said, he's right the state champ has no choice but to move up to D-1. If this starts to be the trend, D2 or the "developmental league" won't be around forever given that a new team moves up each year.

I don't check these threads too often, mostly TLF, (By the way if you all don't have an account on the lacrosseforums.com, you should get one). but every once in a while I like to voice my opinion.

I would like to agree with my fellow Irish laxer above, Brentwood you guys did play a heck of a game, I personally had a lot of fun with the intensity and the crowd, good turn outs on both sides. I liked that game because it was close the whole time, and I think we both fought hard until the end. We can say whatever we want about that game, who did what and what made a difference but at the end of the day, you were State Champions, and we were Runner-Up. Congratulations.

As far as that last thread that was closed a while ago, (Brentwood vs. Father Ryan...I think it was called) I'll agree with everyone who said our defense fell apart in the first games against Brentwood and Franklin. I play defense so I feel if anyone knows what really happened down there besides the goalie, it's me.

In the first Brentwood game, we really hadn't had a challenging opponent all year and we felt over-confident almost to the point of arrogance I would say; to sum it up, we didn't think we were going to have to work all that hard. We weren't ready for the physical game that Brentwood brought to the table because honestly, all the other games had for the most part been dominated by sheer finesse and skill. Brentwood was D II this season so they know the quality of teams that make up the lower 2/3 of that division which allowed us to run away with most games prior to Brentwood (Sorry if that offends any of those teams however I know Father Ryan isn't exactly a diamond in the rough.) But a lot of poor defensive communication and losing many one-on-one battles without slides led to nine goals. For the record, the defense is a unit, and this is self criticism as well, I am not simply blaming my teammates.

In the Franklin game, if anyone saw it, they know that it was relatively close for the most part until our fourth quarter lapse. That fourth quarter was probably the most disgusting thing in the history of lacrosse in general, we simply gave up, take that for what you will, but the fact of the matter is we gave up. Overall I think the game was clean, there was some stuff at the end, but I say leave it on the field and move on to the next game.

The championship came, and we knew what we had to do, but when you're facing a first-team all state goalie, you have to come up with more than what we did, and that's not to blame any individual because again like many sports, lacrosse is a team game and one person is never responsible, I felt that our goalie made some good saves against some good shots, however some of those good shots did go in. Brentwood was really good at moving the ball and finding that open man on the crease. If our defense made any mistakes, Brentwood capitalized on them made the play accordingly whether they scored or not.

This was kind of long, but I did want to find a way to congratulate Brentwood and point out what they did right, and also to clarify maybe some stuff people thought from a defensive perspective on Father Ryan's side. And congratulations to everyone who made All-State.

This was kind of long, but I did want to find a way to congratulate Brentwood and point out what they did right, and also to clarify maybe some stuff people thought from a defensive perspective on Father Ryan's side. And congratulations to everyone who made All-State.

Did they already announce all state? Or are you talking about last year?

It was great to see Brentwood and Ryan in the finals of DII. There is a long history between those two squads, and a history of very intense, very physical games. The series in 2000 when Brentwood and Ryan played is one I'll remember for a long time. First game, Brentwood squeaks out an OT win, second game, Bruins crushed Ryan at their place. The second game was memorable for the intense checking and turned when Ryan's leading scorer got thrown out of the game in the second half- and nearly had an old fashioned street brawl after the game. Since it was the last game of the season, both teams were told that it might be the only reason they weren't banned from playing anymore that season. Not a lot of finesse play back then when things deteriorated. Trust me, it is a lot better play now.

I just want to say congrats to brentwood. your program has come along way, just has ours has, and im sure it felt great to win on sunday. i thought it was a pretty clean game for the most part and both defenses played great. David C really kept them in the game with some great saves. Our defense held their offense well, but when we did make a mistake they were there to capitalize on it. I think our defense played well enough to win, but our offense didn't make enough plays. Its not that brentwood really did anything that beat us, they just made plays and we didn't. it was fun to play in and I really enjoyed it. Good luck next year in D1, it will be a big change. Will brentwood have a lot of guys coming back or did they have a heavy senior class like ryan did?

7 seniors, only 4 started so a good amount coming back but thats not to say watch out next year. Dave is a tough replacement but another goalie that has some potential just loves to mess around. 2 freshman, one dpole and one middie, that were came up big in the championship and about 3 good sophomores and quite a few juniors.