Region 3 AA

orangeman

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like BB rules in Meigs County! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

BB doesn't rule it is just a fact of life that HS basketball practices in June. I find it very refreshing, in this age of specialization, that our girls play both sports. They play because they enjoy them, not to get a scholarship. It would be very easy, with their recent lack of success in BB, for these girls to pack it in and concentrate solely on SB. It's good to see that they have some school pride in them, which is more than you can say for MOST schools. I can get up on a soap box, MrThinksHeNosItAll, but I won't. In this day and age of I am going to transfer because we don't win enough or I don't play enough we are awfully proud of the way our girls carry themselves.

BB doesn't rule it is just a fact of life that HS basketball practices in June. I find it very refreshing, in this age of specialization, that our girls play both sports. They play because they enjoy them, not to get a scholarship. It would be very easy, with their recent lack of success in BB, for these girls to pack it in and concentrate solely on SB. It's good to see that they have some school pride in them, which is more than you can say for MOST schools. I can get up on a soap box, MrThinksHeNosItAll, but I won't. In this day and age of I am going to transfer because we don't win enough or I don't play enough we are awfully proud of the way our girls carry themselves.

Not to mention they are all straight A students and not one has had any kind of school disipline issues this year. I think that speaks volume for these girls that they can maintain such high GPA's while balancing their hectic schedules. Good luck in the future to all these girls in SB as well as BB!