Summer Team Camps

MIDTN

That was a good question and really a truthful and great answer. The way this works is these girls very likely have played AAU for two years and while they are freshman, they play like at least sophmores or more. As far as making little or no impact this year, how can they. Upperman is loaded with players and there is no room and as the folks at riverdale said at the Siegel Team Camp, this team shoots the eyes out of it and misses very little. When this poster read this, this poster said to hmself, "the Indian just got scalped".

It was mentioned Upperman has talented newcomers this season and given the way things work with the top programs in the midstate, wondering if such players are freshmen from the feeder or transfers isn't unreasonable.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday/Tuesday, Sequatchie played from 13 to 17 in most of these:

Sequatchie 77, Whitwell 20

Sequatchie 54, McMinn County 17

Sequatchie 59, Tullahoma 34

Sequatchie 60, Southeast Whitfield GA 19

Sequatchie 42, Polk County 34

Sequatchie 54, Tullahoma 32

JV (7 freshmen and 4 sophomores) also played well at times, finished second to Southeast Whitfield, a team with several sophomores that get plenty of time of varsity. Lost by 1 point in the camp's JV tournament final. Beat Polk County 3 of 3 since Sunday, won most of the games except for those played back-to-back. There will be some rebuilding to do after this season as all five starters graduate but I don't see the program falling apart like some expect or hope.

It was mentioned Upperman has talented newcomers this season and given the way things work with the top programs in the midstate, wondering if such players are freshmen from the feeder or transfers isn't unreasonable.

Considering the way things have went in the area the last couple years, it is certainly a valid question. There are many people on this board that would love to throw MrsCoach McWilliams, and her team under the bus at any and every possible moment. It is good to see that this was not your intention.

Anyways, some very good freshman talent coming in, and only one senior out the door from last year. We will miss that senior, but it probably will not show on the scoreboard.

I was the one who mentioned new commers based on what I saw at the only middleschool game I attended last season. They gave Jackson County Middle School there first loss.

I stand by my statement that I made then, with modification. Watch #3, she will make other players look good.

She is a little green, but she has quick.

I was the one who mentioned new commers based on what I saw at the only middleschool game I attended last season. They gave Jackson County Middle School there first loss.

I stand by my statement that I made then, with modification. Watch #3, she will make other players look good.

She is a little green, but she has quick.

she is quick, she has good sense of where everyone is on the floor, and she has a way of getting the ball where she wants it to be even in heavy traffic. She will be a good one.

Sequatchie looked okay in the Walker Valley camp Monday and Tuesday. Most of the teams will also be playing Wednesday. Sequatchie beat Cumberland County, Sequoyah and Copper Basin pretty convincingly Monday with everyone there getting plenty of playing of time.

Competition was tougher Tuesday in two of the three games. They beat Gordon Lee GA by 18 with all the backups seeing around the same amount of time as starters. Lost to Walker Valley by 10 with backups playing a lot in that one too, Seq won three of four quarters but looked pitiful in the third. Beat McMinn Central by four after falling behind 11-2, really looked strong defensively and rebounding after the first quarter. Shot 50 percent against a strong opponent, with both teams going at it pretty hard for a camp game. Central ran five in and out, their usual girls did well overall. Sequatchie's starters did most of the damage but they played eight with one of the first couple off the bench unable to attend. It might not sound like much but they usually went with six against top teams last year. Being able to go with nine would help a lot.

The score wasn't kept on scoreboards but I'd say McMinn Central beat Bledsoe by around 25, Lenoir City probably beat Ooltewah by 25-35. Polk and Copper Basin, I'd say Polk won by around 10-15.

Sequatchie will play at a tough camp Thursday through Saturday all over Cleveland. Teams there will include Cleveland, Bradley Central. Out of state teams include Buford GA and Model from Rome GA, both were rated in the top 10 in AA in GA and Buford is said to have a couple of Division I prospects. NW Whitfield GA is always one of the top in North Georgia and I believe they have a couple of posts in the 6'3" or 6'4" range. Another team will be Muehlenberg from Kentucky. Even though they're all practice games it should help to play tough opponents.

Union City girls are 9-3 so far this summer.At Dyersburgh they beat Jackson Christian School and Dyersburgh.At Dresden and Gleason,beat Mckenzie,Marmuduk Ar,and Dyer Co,and losing to Henry Co.At Bethel,they beat Lexington,Scotts Hill,Mckenzie,and Camden,while losing in close games to Greenfield and Madison.The teams that i have seen this summer that stands out to me,were Clarksville Rossview,Gleason,and Madison.

how come this is a broken link? I enjoyed reading about the camps and such /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

it has been broken all week. This poster would rather you read the explanation earlier in this thread as it gives information from the site and why. it would have been better if they could have put the second week on but they couldn't.

Union City girls are 9-3 so far this summer.At Dyersburgh they beat Jackson Christian School and Dyersburgh.At Dresden and Gleason,beat Mckenzie,Marmuduk Ar,and Dyer Co,and losing to Henry Co.At Bethel,they beat Lexington,Scotts Hill,Mckenzie,and Camden,while losing in close games to Greenfield and Madison.The teams that i have seen this summer that stands out to me,were Clarksville Rossview,Gleason,and Madison.

Chipper..Have you not seen Lake Co at any of the camps?I talked to one of their players and was told that Lake Co had only lost 1 game in the camps so far..And I don'rt believe..or don't know if Renita Kinney has been playing..With 3 starters back..T.T.Flowers should fill in one of the spots vacated by Sarah Wallace and Queenie Jordan..I look for the other spot to go to either the Mendez girl or Carnation Hart,who along with T.T. was on a loaded middle school team..I actually believe Lake Co will be quicer this year with these players..