Jefferson County

HULK123

• 3 weeks later...

The major question in my mind going into this season is how with the QB situation shake out. Has Will Darby fully recovered from his knee injury last season, will he have the same mobility that allowed him to start at saftey. I know back in 04 we had a similar situation when Ben Pewitt tore up his knee playing safety and when he did come back he was solely a pocket QB. I know he hasn't had many opportunities at QB, but in the scrimmages he definitely showed some great potential as a passer and obviously he can run(thats if he's 100% back). McFall has some experience at QB, if Darby isn't the guy at QB I wonder whether we'd turn to McFall, it would definitely cause some matchup problems. And I think most know that I think David Simms should get a share of the load at RB, it would make for quite a three headed monster.

The major question in my mind going into this season is how with the QB situation shake out. Has Will Darby fully recovered from his knee injury last season, will he have the same mobility that allowed him to start at saftey. I know back in 04 we had a similar situation when Ben Pewitt tore up his knee playing safety and when he did come back he was solely a pocket QB. I know he hasn't had many opportunities at QB, but in the scrimmages he definitely showed some great potential as a passer and obviously he can run(thats if he's 100% back). McFall has some experience at QB, if Darby isn't the guy at QB I wonder whether we'd turn to McFall, it would definitely cause some matchup problems. And I think most know that I think David Simms should get a share of the load at RB, it would make for quite a three headed monster.

Can't wait to see the Patriots roll into Burley Stadium in week 0. Gonna try out the new turf.

As far as I know McFall is the man at QB !

Okay, Darby is better than ever. He has put a lot of muscle on and is definitely one of the strongest guys on the team. His knee is stronger than before and he has gained a lot of speed. He proved it at a combine a few weeks ago. He also played corner last year just to correct that. The quarterback position is up for grabs. It looks to be down to Mcfall and Darby. Whoever does the best in preseason gets the spot. I have no doubt in Christian's capabilities and he will have no problem at qb if he is the man who gets it. As far as rb goes, there are a few more guys who have came in at rb but right now it looks to be Will Brooks at B back and Travis Tolliver at A back.

I am really excited and anxious about this season. The team as a whole has gotten so much stronger and faster. Things are lookin good for Jeff. Co. football.

Okay, Darby is better than ever. He has put a lot of muscle on and is definitely one of the strongest guys on the team. His knee is stronger than before and he has gained a lot of speed. He proved it at a combine a few weeks ago. He also played corner last year just to correct that. The quarterback position is up for grabs. It looks to be down to Mcfall and Darby. Whoever does the best in preseason gets the spot. I have no doubt in Christian's capabilities and he will have no problem at qb if he is the man who gets it. As far as rb goes, there are a few more guys who have came in at rb but right now it looks to be Will Brooks at B back and Travis Tolliver at A back.

I am really excited and anxious about this season. The team as a whole has gotten so much stronger and faster. Things are lookin good for Jeff. Co. football.

Good for Darby !! Competition is a good thing. If Darby can beat McFall out at QB and put McFall back at RB, all the better, if Darby is as fast as it may seem.

JCTWP, what about the O-Linemen? Didn't JC lose the entire line to graduation?

Good for Darby !! Competition is a good thing. If Darby can beat McFall out at QB and put McFall back at RB, all the better, if Darby is as fast as it may seem.

JCTWP, what about the O-Linemen? Didn't JC lose the entire line to graduation?

That is true. The O-Line is gone. But the Coaches seem to think it will be just as good if not better this year. I would think so since last year's line was still used to the I. These guys have been in this system for a season so I am sure they are more used to it.

Darby may not be as quick as McFall but he has cut his 40 down a lot. No matter who gets the position, JC will be solid under center.

Obviously the QB choice will come down to what gives JC the best chance to win games. I wonder though, if we get down to the start of the season and neither has significantly separated themselves if the coaches will move McFall back to RB knowing the impact he can make there. Obviously Darby can play other positions, but will he be as good at safety or WR as McFall can be at RB. If we are able to run everything in the offense with Darby I don't see how we can't move McFall back to RB if McFall isn't clearly significantly better than Darby at QB. I don't think its a stretch to say that McFall is a better runner than Darby, but Darby is a better passer. The question is whether McFall is a good enough passer to do everything we want, or if Darby is a good enough runner to do everything we want.