Cleveland vs Brentwood

soccerplayer123

yes, he is amazing and Cleveland really has the potential to run the tables in the tournament

I think it is just a matter of who takes advantage of all their opportunities in each game. There are a handful of teams that people expected to be here that are not and I am sure that there are other teams who feel like they could have been here if a couple of breaks had gone their way. Point being, the teams that made it have taken advantage of enough opportunities in enough games to make it to this point.

All the teams in state are quality teams so it may be a matter of who is "on their game" the most right now.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure it would be an upset if Cleveland wins. They are very good team and they move very well without the ball. Midfield is very strong distributing the ball to the outside mids and they (outside mids and forwards) move without the ball extrememly well. They are a very good team. I haven't seen Brentwood play this year, so it's very hard to make a prediction. I think Cleveland may win this game. You can tell they didn't loose anyone from last year.

Not sure what you look at when you consider who is the favorite, but typically a 21-0 team is the favorite over a 18-5 team. Dont get me wrong I think this will be a good game, any game this late in the year is, but if Cleveland wins it is most definitely an upset and I'm certain.

I'm surprised at the picks against Brentwood. I believe they are 21-0 and I haven't seen them in person this year have a team come even close to the same zip code as having 50/50 possession. They will dominate possession 80/20. Any team that hopes to upset them has to pray their goalie who is going to get bombarded with shots has an MVP performance and that the couple of rare opportunites for shots on Brentwood will go in. Basically, a perfect game.

Amen to that. Not to mention the fact that TN teams have scored 2 goals on team this season....you have to get more than lucky to put one in on a good veteran defense and good verteran goalie. It could happen but I'd say Brentwood has much more of a chance than Cleveland to score.

A good game, but I'm pretty sure someone has called an upset on every single one of Brentwoods games this season and they have held strong. Is it possible? Yes, but unlikely. Brentwood will have to really mess up and not play like the 21 and 0 team they have played like all year. I cant wait for the game.

I agree with the statement that at this level anything can happen. Cleveland is at state for the first time and the Raiders are a young team. That can work in their favor if they go out to have fun and play hard. I have seen some great teams lose in the first round of the state tournament many times.

I'm not sure people on here realize how good Brentwood is. Every game I have seen them play in, virtually the entire game takes place in the opposing teams half of the field with the goalie fending off shot after shot. Then MAYBE every 20 minutes or so the other team will get a lone attack but usually not of good quality or even on goal. Their goalie doesn't even have to make any saves hardly. They are so good their games are almost borderline boring. Please let me know if this game on Wednesday is any different than this description because I have yet to see it. It's nothing against Cleveland, Brentwood is the real deal.

Cleveland - 157-114-40 - 76 gs and 16 ga w/13 shutouts

Losses to Knox Catholic, CBHS, Ooltewah (loss defended), McMinn Co. (loss defended), and Dalton, GA

Ties with McCallie still playing in the DII tourney, and Bearden nuff said.

Brentwood - 124-92-27 - 62 gs and 5 ga w/18 shutouts

no losses and no ties but only 5 games against top 10 competition (not counting going undefeated in the Southern Soccer Challenge).

To me Cleveland has their hands full. I don't see the scoring power to overcome the Brentwood D. However if they can keep Brentwood from scoring they have a chance. Brentwood has not shown that they are terribly strong up top even though I hear alot about their offense. They have great possession capability.

Adam Gonzalez is overrated. He makes some good saves every once in awhile but his team backs him up.

How is Adam Gonzalez overrated??? I've played defense for him since middle school..... almost every goal scored on us this year has been off a deflection from an amazing save. I believe he has been scored on once in a one on one. That's it. Then there was about 3 shots that were just completely unsavable. If the ball isn't in the upper 90, he's gonna get a hand or something on it.

Cleveland - 157-114-40 - 76 gs and 16 ga w/13 shutouts

Losses to Knox Catholic, CBHS, Ooltewah (loss defended), McMinn Co. (loss defended), and Dalton, GA

Ties with McCallie still playing in the DII tourney, and Bearden nuff said.

Brentwood - 124-92-27 - 62 gs and 5 ga w/18 shutouts

no losses and no ties but only 5 games against top 10 competition (not counting going undefeated in the Southern Soccer Challenge).

To me Cleveland has their hands full. I don't see the scoring power to overcome the Brentwood D. However if they can keep Brentwood from scoring they have a chance. Brentwood has not shown that they are terribly strong up top even though I hear alot about their offense. They have great possession capability.

just a few things you forgot to point out, the tie between Cleveland and McCallie was just a scrimmage, so most likely neither team was playing their starting lineup throughout as they would in an actual match. The same goes for the scrimmage against Bearden. I don't mean to bash Cleveland though, they are a very good team despite the lack of seniors. Also Brentwood's performance in the Southern Soccer Challenge includes beating Grissom, which is one of the best spring teams in the country. I believe that was one of only two losses that they had all season. I think this will be a great game and hope the raiders can come away with a win, but i think brentwood will be too much for them

brentwood should win this game atleast 3-0 or 4-0

brentwood is very good up top and also at D and the mids are just great the team is almost unstopable

everyone would like to see Brentwood lose because of there undefeated 21-0-0 season

but sry to brake the bad news that B-TOWN should and will win STATE

end of story guys