JCM

big D

Jcm does have new coach! He has not been announced yet because he is being processed by the system! I will tell you this though, he is a very good coach that has been around west tn football for a while! Very good hire for JCM!

With what has gone on at JCM, I won't believe ANYTHING until it happens. It is a disgrace and a joke for JCM to have been without a coach for over 8 months. To get a coach named less than two weeks before practice starts does not boad well for a good season. JCM will take some huge lumps this season. And fans of JCM can put the blame squarly on Principal Crump.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jcm does have new coach! He has not been announced yet because he is being processed by the system! I will tell you this though, he is a very good coach that has been around west tn football for a while! Very good hire for JCM!

There are four names that come to mind. It is NOT former North Side head coach Joe Davis.

Other POSSIBILITIES include Jim Glover, former Lambuth assistant Jay Emmons, and former JCM and North Side assistant Lee Tripplet. Any other name would be a real reach at this point and time.

There are four names that come to mind. It is NOT former North Side head coach Joe Davis.

Other POSSIBILITIES include Jim Glover, former Lambuth assistant Jay Emmons, and former JCM and North Side assistant Lee Tripplet. Any other name would be a real reach at this point and time.

Any of those 4 would be a good hire. They've offered the job to anyone with a heartbeat and a teaching certificate

(even one from Memphis without one). My bet is Triplett because of the race thing. Would the new coach still have to coach at JC-M, teach at North Side,and be a crossing guard at Bemis?

Any of those 4 would be a good hire. They've offered the job to anyone with a heartbeat and a teaching certificate

(even one from Memphis without one). My bet is Triplett because of the race thing. Would the new coach still have to coach at JC-M, teach at North Side,and be a crossing guard at Bemis?

Knowing the type of person Principal Crump likes to hire, Triplett would be my guess as well. However, Triplett does come with alot of baggage as well. Remember, he was not retained as an assistant at either North Side or JCM by various coaches. He does have a reputation as someone who will rock the boat in an unfriendly way. Crump's stroke may not be enough to get Triplett in if the Central Office has anything close to a spine.

Joe Davis will not take the job if offered.

The logical choice would be Jerry Glover. He has coaching experience on both the college and high school levels. However, he would be a quick fix solution at best. If hired, I just don't see him even wanting to be there long term. If he tries to install real discipline at JCM, I just don't see Crump backing him over her little angels.

I am no real fan of JCM. However, I feel sorry for the kids that really do want to play football. Principal Crump and Superintendent Zambito have not handled this situation in a professional manner that would be expected of the postions they both hold.

Knowing the type of person Principal Crump likes to hire, Triplett would be my guess as well. However, Triplett does come with alot of baggage as well. Remember, he was not retained as an assistant at either North Side or JCM by various coaches. He does have a reputation as someone who will rock the boat in an unfriendly way. Crump's stroke may not be enough to get Triplett in if the Central Office has anything close to a spine.

The logical choice would be Jerry Glover. He has coaching experience on both the college and high school levels. However, he would be a quick fix solution at best. If hired, I just don't see him even wanting to be there long term. If he tries to install real discipline at JCM, I just don't see Crump backing him over her little angels.

I am no real fan of JCM. However, I feel sorry for the kids that really do want to play football. Principal Crump and Superintendent Zambito have not handled this situation in a professional manner that would be expected of the postions they both hold.

I heard the choice was Jim Glover.

This goes back to my point that Principal VSC is over her head w/her job concerning athletics. She came from an elementary school, where she didn't have to deal with any athletic coaching decisions, to a 4A high school that offers multiple sports. Supt. Zambito also came from a position (assistant supt. in FL) where she didn't have to deal with athletics. This is a first for both ladies. If Phil Rogers was still Athletic Director at JCM, this position would have been filled 6 months ago.

This goes back to my point that Principal VSC is over her head w/her job concerning athletics. She came from an elementary school, where she didn't have to deal with any athletic coaching decisions, to a 4A high school that offers multiple sports. Supt. Zambito also came from a position (assistant supt. in FL) where she didn't have to deal with athletics. This is a first for both ladies. If Phil Rogers was still Athletic Director at JCM, this position would have been filled 6 months ago.

Stackens and Zambito are not in touch with the students needs only their own agenda of power and money. Women can't do a man's job so just call in sick and stay home/ PLEASE get out of the way.

Stackens and Zambito are not in touch with the students needs only their own agenda of power and money. Women can't do a man's job so just call in sick and stay home/ PLEASE get out of the way.

If true, then this is ridiculous. There is not a lot of POWER in the positions that they hold in Jackson Madison-County Schools.

Having JUST read this whole thread the only thing I can say it is SOOOO similar to the Clarksville NE thread it is scary!

BOTH involve female Principals who have NO idea what they are doing when it comes to athletics. NE also has the misfortune of having to play in one of the toughest Regions in 5A also and has a female AD as well who is OVER her head.

Will include BOTH schools in my prayers tonight as they are gonna need all the help they can get this season.