Hillwood and Overton hire their coaches

Metroman

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Dodd, even though I do not know you I can say without a doubt that you have just made the biggest mistake of your life. Hang in there. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

chief my old friend...you must understand the "mindset" of the ky coach...i was one for 7 years...they believe they can go anywhere and produce a winner out of the hat. too bad they realize too late their mistake. just ask korky harrison. on top of that this guy is from eastern ky...can you imagine the culture shock he is going to experience the first day of school at hillwood?

Ruppie, Hillwood is not coal-mining country for sure. Ask him next year if he regrets his decision. Heck, ask him after summer team camps are over. Two years tops.

Russell, KY isn't quite coal mining country, but it isn't Metro Nashville either. They compete in a very questionable region, and I think his record was way under .500 for the season. He will be in for a surprise when he gets to Hillwood.

#1= Yes

#2=WIthout a doubt yes

#3=unfortunately yes, at least those that are eligible. You could make a pretty good team over there if they didn't have to go to class first.

Rupp, I hear your name a lot up in tobacco country. What about it? Round two?

i will wind up somewhere there chief...you get spoiled by the way they all love the game and carry pep bands and pep squads to the district and regional tourney...i would almost be an assistant coach up there than be a head coach in football country.

Congratulations to Coach McKee! I guess their is some justice in the world. If your looking for an assistant, I hear there is a former Glencliff coach looking for a job. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• 4 weeks later...

chief my old friend...you must understand the "mindset" of the ky coach...i was one for 7 years...they believe they can go anywhere and produce a winner out of the hat. too bad they realize too late their mistake. just ask korky harrison. on top of that this guy is from eastern ky...can you imagine the culture shock he is going to experience the first day of school at hillwood?

There will be no culture shock for Coach Dodd, who is an NAIA Hall of Fame coach. He was at Lindsey Wilson College for a good many years as well as several other colleges. He left Lindsey Wilson for Russell because it was home to him. He went to high school at Ashland Blazer, about 5 miles from Russell. He is coming to Nashville because he has other family there and also there is Kobe's.

While at Russell:

2003- Russell lost in the region semi-finals on a last second desperation shot.

2004- Russell lost in the region semi-finals.

2005- Russell lost in the region finals with their top scorer playing with a dislocated shoulder from the first quarter on, rendering him ineffective.

2006- Russell won the region for the first time in 34 years!

2007- Russell finished the season 27-5, losing in the region semi-finals. They were the favorite to win the region this year but their top player, Jon Vanhoose went down with a season ending knee injury in the district tourney. He is Russell's leading all time scorer and signed to play at Evansville.

2008- Russell finished 3-25 after losing 11 of their top 13 players from 2007. They had no starters returning.

If not for injuries, Russell would have celebrated 3 regional championships in row.

If anyone can make things happen at Hillwood, it is Coach Dodd.

There will be no culture shock for Coach Dodd, who is an NAIA Hall of Fame coach. He was at Lindsey Wilson College for a good many years as well as several other colleges. He left Lindsey Wilson for Russell because it was home to him. He went to high school at Ashland Blazer, about 5 miles from Russell. He is coming to Nashville because he has other family there and also there is Kobe's.

While at Russell:

2003- Russell lost in the region semi-finals on a last second desperation shot.

2004- Russell lost in the region semi-finals.

2005- Russell lost in the region finals with their top scorer playing with a dislocated shoulder from the first quarter on, rendering him ineffective.

2006- Russell won the region for the first time in 34 years!

2007- Russell finished the season 27-5, losing in the region semi-finals. They were the favorite to win the region this year but their top player, Jon Vanhoose went down with a season ending knee injury in the district tourney. He is Russell's leading all time scorer and signed to play at Evansville.

2008- Russell finished 3-25 after losing 11 of their top 13 players from 2007. They had no starters returning.

If not for injuries, Russell would have celebrated 3 regional championships in row.

If anyone can make things happen at Hillwood, it is Coach Dodd.

** Coach Dodd also played for and is a grad of David Lipscomb. His wife is a Lipscomb grad and is from Tenn. Returning to Nashville is coming home to them.

Duck, there is a big difference between Kentucky basketball and Tennessee Basketball. I think you would agree with that without any hesitation. With that being said, there is even more seperation the rest of Tennessee and Hillwood basketball right now. I'm not going to say it can't change, but the change will have to include more than basketball at Hillwood.