Oak Ridge vs. Houston

WhatUpYo

Huston does one thing in particular better than any HS team I have seen in 2 or 3 years. That is: they bring the ball wide, turn the corner to get into the 18 then softly "slot" a pass back to the penalty spot area. The difference is that the players without the ball are putting in the effort to be making runs into the 18 so there are multiple options for the dribbler to pass to. In yesterday's game were it not for an extremely athletic 6'3" GK, Huston would have scored ~3 goals in the first 5-6 minutes.

Ref2coach, funny thing you mention extremely talented 6'3 keepers, because OR does not just have one of those they have a 6'5 extremely talented keeper too /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> i think that OR is playing as a unit (just as much Defensivly as much offensivly) There keeper can keep them in the game and they play D from all 11 positions and more on the outside (there home feild is big so they force people inside and play well as a unit on big feild and play better on smaller feilds). If Deigo plays then I believe this game could go ethier way. OR has the ability to score goals from what seems like nothing (ask Hville and west). I know nothing about houston except that they have a very rich tradetion in Tennessee soccer, so i have no clue on a prediction, but i'm pulling OR for a 2-1 victory. Good luck to both teams...

I really think this will be a reality check for OR. If they play twice as good as they played yesterday, they'll still get beat by 2 goals. From what I saw, they are not very impressive and if Houston plays it wide then I don't think OR's keeper will be able to adjust to crossing the ball and the traffic in front. He was out of position on at least 3 shots on goal in yesterday's game and Hville strikers simply missed the mark. He's lucky in that regard. If Houston strikers are accurately hitting the frame, this will get ugly.

Tough loss for OR. Any details on this game? A very good run for OR.

Houston was up 2-0 at half and came out and scored 2 min into the second half. They added another then took out most of their starters it looked like and OR scored one then Houston put its starters back in and added two goals to make it 6-1. Diego played but being an OR fan i not sure it would have mattered much even if he was 100% houston looked good. Tough loss for us but good luck to houston