Why don't all Private Schools play in DivII A or AA

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have made a Division II for Private Schools so why do they play in other areas? Smaller Private Schools play in DII A and larger play in DII AA. Someone tell me why? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

More teams mean more $$$ for Ronnie Carter and the T$$AA. It is as simple as that.

There wouldn't be any fewer teams unless the private schools went off and formed their own organization. I fail to see why a Division II, Class A baseball state tournament maybe featuring CAK, David Brainerd, Friendship, Nashville Christian, Goodpasture, FRA, USJ, Jackson Christian would be so offensive and horrible an event the way private school supporters on here seem, to think. Softball might end up somewhat similar, with teams like Trinity and Chattanooga Christian probably involved. Those were examples mostly based on record and would also depend on how the districts and regions were drawn up. As has been said here numerous times, with all the private schools in, there could be eight districts from Knoxville to Memphis , with five to seven teams in each district. Regions would match Knoxville vs Chattanooga, midstate vs Nashville, Nashville vs Jackson and Memphis vs Memphis teams. Brentwood Academy and the rest could still play Division II, AA so there would be nothing to fear there. The multiplier of course would be thrown out. I get the feeling some of these private schools, knowing they'll be better than the majority of public schools, are content with being above average overall, keeping fans and alumni happy-while they'd be mediocre or worse if placed in an all private school division.

There wouldn't be any fewer teams unless the private schools went off and formed their own organization. I fail to see why a Division II, Class A baseball state tournament maybe featuring CAK, David Brainerd, Friendship, Nashville Christian, Goodpasture, FRA, USJ, Jackson Christian would be so offensive and horrible an event the way private school supporters on here seem, to think. Softball might end up somewhat similar, with teams like Trinity and Chattanooga Christian probably involved. Those were examples mostly based on record and would also depend on how the districts and regions were drawn up. As has been said here numerous times, with all the private schools in, there could be eight districts from Knoxville to Memphis , with five to seven teams in each district. Regions would match Knoxville vs Chattanooga, midstate vs Nashville, Nashville vs Jackson and Memphis vs Memphis teams. Brentwood Academy and the rest could still play Division II, AA so there would be nothing to fear there. The multiplier of course would be thrown out. I get the feeling some of these private schools, knowing they'll be better than the majority of public schools, are content with being above average overall, keeping fans and alumni happy-while they'd be mediocre or worse if placed in an all private school division.

Div II privates win all the state championships and in AAA another division were privates win most state championships AAA reserved for public school state championships

Div II privates win all the state championships and in AAA another division were privates win most state championships AAA reserved for public school state championships

Can you say David Lipscomb (private)?

2007 Division I 3A Football State Champions!!

GO MUSTANGS!!

I think he meant AAA in baseball and softball.

Oh......OK.

Since he had the name "ref" I thought he might be indicating other sports as well.

Didn't know they had "refs" in baseball or softball. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Actually Division II was not made for privates...it was made for schools who give finacial aid to atheletes...the privates who play in DIvision I have elected to give no aid to athletes...so they are still in Division I...

Div II was made for privates no matter how you word it. Better still, it was made for private schools that refused to discriminate against any individual simply because they happen to play a sport. If you are in financial need, you are in need period. Hats off to the Division II privates who still make it possible for almost anyone to attend if they so choose. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />