Clarksville or Christian Brothers?

UPSGregg

Clarksville gets no respect. We lost to the supposed #1 team in the nation in 4 overtimes and it took everything the national champs had plus ALLOT of luck to beat CHS. All people keep talking about being anygood besides Bearden is Christian Brothers and Farragut. Bearden fans seem to favor Farragut. I can understand that cause thats their rival and pretty much the only real competition on their schedule. Christian Brothers got creamed by Bearden. Anyone that saw the Clarksville/Bearden game knows CHS should have won yet gives them no credit. Clarksville plays in probably the toughest region and definately the toughest section. We beat Franklin and they could have done the same job on Bearden we did. They probably could have beaten them. Yeah Bearden outshot CHS but I dont ever remember CHS being a possession team. Certainly not when I played for them.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really dont know how much Clarksville got dominated there first goal was suppose to be a shot but was deflected off our guy and then the second one was offsides and then the third was i dont know what. As for Bearden who had the majority of the chances by far. If it wasnt for the Clarksville goalie playing out of his mind then it could have been i dont know how bad for Clarksville. All i know is about your region we easily beat Hendersonville and Gallatin a combined score of 17-1 maybe so dont tell us you have a tough region. Also on our schedule we played two state champions in the state of Georgia then we also beat 4-0 nationally ranked Christian Brothers and also a tough team that we beat 3-0 in Baylor oh and nothing middle tennessee team that we beat 3-0 was Brentwood. So i dont know we just dont seem to get much respect. Cant wait to see the teams from middle tennessee next year.

Ok first of all. I'd like you compare how many state championship appearances and state championships Clarksville's region/section has over the past 20 years compared to Beardens. Next...You played Gallitan and Hendersonville in the PRESEASON!! That means NOTHING. Both those teams are always strong come region tourny time and both gave Clarksville a fit like they always do. As far as Bearden dominating Clarksville goes...yes but possesion time and shots on goal that sail 20 feet wide dont win games...goals do. Yall had 33 shots but only 12 even were on goal. No one was offsides on any goals and I have a tape of the game to prove it. And dont talk about Clarksville's goals not being legit win yall tied the game in OT on a embarisingly lucky shot/pass. Plus your penatly kick was not warranted. Didn't he like trip him by his shoe string or something?LOL The blocked penalty kick was a good guess. CHS's keeper has had one of those in the regionals. My point was that you blanked Christian Brothers 3-0 and some other good teams we could have beat but yet all we here about is Christian Brothers, Farragut..bla bla bla. We've had a top 5 team the past 7 or 8 years but our region is tough once the tourny starts. Bearden kicked ###### this year and deserves much respect and whatever awards they've been given but that doesn't give them the right to assume they are the best team this state has ever seen cause the only team I've seen the past 10 years that even deserved to be as cocky as you guys are was Houston in 98,99. Those two teams were much better than Bearden this year. My point is that Clarksville has recieved no credit from you guys except for maybe one guy. Middle Tennessee probably has the bulk of the power houses year in and year out. Then you've got a couple in the Memphis area and Farragut in the East and only the past few years have you guys been so good. I'll leave it at that. Congrats!

Guest class

If midde TN has the bulk of the power, how come they never win state?? seems as though the East and the west are the only ones that actually it done in the end.. just thinking about it.

stick that up gregs ...

I've been following high school soccer since about 1991. A team from Middle Tennessee has won or played in the state finals in soccer many more times than a team from East Tennessee. Houston and Christian Brothers owned the state championshiops 1989,90,91,92,93,94 and played a team from Middle Tennessee the majority of those years. From 1995 till now the majority of the state finals featured a West and Middle Tennessee team. The select few years a middle team didnt make it to the finals (to play Houston usually) the team from East Tenn got creamed and the only teams to put up a fight were Middle Teams a game or two prior to the finals. Except for the past two years, a team from West or Middle Tenn has won state every year but a couple since the late 80s. I'll try and find out more details like who exactly and get post them here. Its pretty intersting actually. I know Brentwood made it to the finals a bunch of times in the 90s and won it in 95 and Hendersonville beat Farragut in 98. Middle and West hold a pretty good advantage over the East in state titals and state tital appearances. Looks like Bearden the past two years is the exception.

Guest class

there are some key words i said.. GET IT DONE.. you mentioned they got there, thats great!! noone cares about who the runner up of the Super Bowl was. the only thing that matters is who won(hints: not just getting there and being satisfied with that) and im pretty sure no middle Tn team has done that in quite some time.. NEWSFLASH we are in the 2000's who cares about 2 decades ago and the early 90's, but if u have nothing else to do do your research.

SUMMARY:

Bearden, Houston, an Christian Brothers have found ways to win even when they play their worse. amd that is why they are the best in the state and in 2 cases nation. smizzle dizzle

Its funny to hear Bearden players and fans run their mouths like they've owned soccer in Tennessee for decades when in actualality they've been no more than another team on the schedule untill the past 4 years. I have a feeling you guys will be back to normal soon and placing 3rd or 4rth in your district and back down on your knees nealing before consistent soccer powers in the state, which in the Knoxville area has always been Farragut as well as being the better school there. The coach of Clarksville High was asked recently asked what kind of seasons he'd rather of had the past 20 years there and he said he'd rather have winning records every season and never win state than to have a few good teams here and there losing seasons, then win state once or twice cause that way all the kids on his teams would have fun winning instead of just one or two groups winning state and the rest have losing or average seasons. I totally agree. You guys at Bearden now better enjoy it but remember you havnt ruled the state that long. Farragut will be back on top soon.

The only thing we are talking about is really the last 4 years cause we know Bearden has struggled and will struggle after this season too. But we arent talking about that we are talking about now as in the present. All this you are saying doesnt mean crap to the Bearden players who are there now dominating every game. So we could careless about the stats you are saying from the past cause this is the present and right now you just hate how Bearden is to good.

No...I, not "we", was trying to make a point about Clarksville not gettin any respect and about how Christiann Brothers is ranked higher yet got creamed by Bearden and CHS took them into 4 OTs and really should have won the game. And I believe that qualifies as "now" or "the present" and your boy "shooter2", like most Bearden players and fans that think they rule the soccer world, had to start putting down other teams and regions based on two PRESEASON games. LOL. Yes Bearden was awesome this year and EVERYONE has respect for them but I think i can speak for most other soccer fans across the state when I say that NO ONE likes hearing yall brag about how great and invinsible you were or are. People need to give credit where credit is due...and that is to Clarksville High. Franklin is allot better than you think too.

well that doesnt really matter. last year science hill beat bearden early in the season outta luck but morristown west beat science hill twice. does that make morristown west better than bearden...definitely not. they beat us 8-1 this year so some teams just play better some games than others so there is no reason to argue about it if u didnt play each other. schedule each other in the future so u wont have to have this arguement. i think they did have a better record though. i think their only loss was to bearden and that was early in the season so who's to say what woulda happened when the tournament came along because everyone seems to play better when their season is on the line.