Private vs Public

Yes - a true family financial hardship is usually granted. It has to be fairly severe though - loss of a job that there is not chance to replace, bankruptcy, near foreclosure, etc. They'll have to open the books to the "researcher".

Hopefully, they won't bring the, "gas is so expensive now" routine or even better the "wow, we didn't realize how expensive private school really was" act. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Nah...gas shouldn't be a factor since all private school kids live within a couple of miles or so of their school...right? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And drive the tuition out the roof for the tuition paying non athletes, which would cause a mass exodus to Trinity and Jackson Christian. Financially, it does not make sense, but thanks for your concern and input.

"USJ offers financial aid for tuition. A national, outside independent firm determines if your family qualifies for financial aid, based on family income."

https://www.usjbruins.org/about/tuition.html

If aid could be obtained and USJ was Division II, she'd be eligible. It would have to go to those with determined need, if the rules were followed.

"USJ offers financial aid for tuition. A national, outside independent firm determines if your family qualifies for financial aid, based on family income."

https://www.usjbruins.org/about/tuition.html

If aid could be obtained and USJ was Division II, she'd be eligible. It would have to go to those with determined need, if the rules were followed.

You are aware that if anyone receives financial aid, that makes them ineligible to play sports of any type.

Nah...gas shouldn't be a factor since all private school kids live within a couple of miles or so of their school...right? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

You all go read the thread under "Girls Basketball - Significant change in 7A" and tell me again why privates are the only ones that need to be multiplied? Seems a dynasty is being built, which is fine with me, and parents are doing what they think is best for their child, which is fine with me, but parents are not changing jobs or locations of job, moving 15 miles away to a school that from all accounts will be favored to win state for next 2 years? My child is at private for 10 years and gets penalized by playing schools 3 times our size because we want what is best and will to sacrifice to send them there....pretty much the source of frustration in a nutshell.

You all go read the thread under "Girls Basketball - Significant change in 7A" and tell me again why privates are the only ones that need to be multiplied? Seems a dynasty is being built, which is fine with me, and parents are doing what they think is best for their child, which is fine with me, but parents are not changing jobs or locations of job, moving 15 miles away to a school that from all accounts will be favored to win state for next 2 years? My child is at private for 10 years and gets penalized by playing schools 3 times our size because we want what is best and will to sacrifice to send them there....pretty much the source of frustration in a nutshell.

OK. I waited one full day to respond.

Can anyone explain why this transfer is OK but if an athlete transfers to a private school for the same reason there is a huge upheaval?

Indian, you were all over transfers to Boyd and Grace on the football board. Why aren't you complaining about this?

I wasn't "all over those transfers" and it seems only one of them was actually a transfer, Chattanooga Central to Grace. He sat out a year as the rules require. I was more interested in Boyd-Buchanan since they compete against the school here in football.

I don't think transferring for sports is a good thing unless there are extreme circumstances, if you'd look at the recent posts on that topic.

I wasn't "all over those transfers" and it seems only one of them was actually a transfer, Chattanooga Central to Grace. He sat out a year as the rules require. I was more interested in Boyd-Buchanan since they compete against the school here in football.

I don't think transferring for sports is a good thing unless there are extreme circumstances, if you'd look at the recent posts on that topic.

I can read what you posted - like child you are never wrong just misunderstood.

Again, you avoid the question. Why don't you gripe about about this public-to-public transfer when you gripe all the time about private school transfers?

I can read what you posted - like child you are never wrong just misunderstood.

Again, you avoid the question. Why don't you gripe about about this public-to-public transfer when you gripe all the time about private school transfers?

Surely you know the answer why. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

OK. I waited one full day to respond.

Can anyone explain why this transfer is OK but if an athlete transfers to a private school for the same reason there is a huge upheaval?

Indian, you were all over transfers to Boyd and Grace on the football board. Why aren't you complaining about this?

I don't think many on either side (public or private) want to see these kinds of transfers. It used to be illegal to transfer for athletic purposes. That is no longer in the by-laws. I think the territory rule is the reason most private school kids have to sit out. That is a relatively new rule. It doesn't matter if you transfer from public to private or vice versa. It's now you can't transfer to a school within a 20 mile radius of your previous school.

Grace Academy: Transfer Fuquan Harper (6-0, 170) could become a receiving weapon for Blake...

Where'd this guy come in from?

Boyd-Buchanan: Head coach Grant Reynolds also is eager to see young offensive lineman Vencente Jordan (6-3, 320) and defensive end Devin Caldwell (6-5, 260) in action.

Are these two new, I don't remember them having anyone near that size last year.

Thanks. The post wasn't to imply there was any monkey business with the transfer.

If you think all of that is bashing or being all over those teams, oh well.

The basketball discussion is about Molly Heady who played at Monterey the last two years and is one of the best players in Class A. Monterey has a good, competitive program but the family chose to move to Clarkrange, last year's A runner up and the clear favorite this year with several players returning. Adding to the controversy is the fact her dad is the head football coach at Monterey and has stated he wishes to continue in that position. (Clarkrange has no football team, probably figures into that decision).

As for Bighurt, go back and read the basketball thread again.