2008 State and National Champs

WhatUpYo

24-0-0.

Perfect Season and 0 goals allowed in post season play.

How about them apples east tennessee? 2 out of the last 4 years go to Brentwood and the senior class has dominated with 2 state championships compared to farragut and bearden each getting ONLY 1

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24-0-0.

How about them apples east tennessee? 2 out of the last 4 years go to Brentwood and the senior class has dominated with 2 state championships compared to farragut and bearden each getting ONLY 1

Brentwood has a very fine team. No question about it. But, Middle Tennessee has a long way to go to catch up to the East in overall soccer championships over the last 11 years (I can't locate older records) and is still trailing the West as well.

In A/AA the East has won 8 of the 11, the Middle 1 and the West 2.

In AAA the East has won 6 of the 11, the Middle 3 and the West 2.

In DII the East has won only 3 of the 11, the Middle 4 and the West 5 (including the new classification DII- A in 2008).

Overall, in the last 11 years: East 17 titles ; Middle 8; West 9.

"How about them apples?" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Who said national champs? I watched them

play and the are good but I wasn't too impressed.

NSCAA says national ranking of #1 for Brentwood. And they are one of the (if not the) most reliable rankings in terms of recognition in the soccer community.

24-0-0.

[/quo

Dont be hatin on knoxville.....all respect to Brentwood congrats....but knoxville has has 6 of the past 7 state championships....how bout them apples

24-0-0.

Don't cheapen your victory.

Crow doesn't taste good warmed over.

24-0-0.

Oh, please. Great season for Brentwood, without a doubt. Congratulations on your victory. If I were a Bruin player, fan, coach, or parent, I'd be excited too. But ease off the trash talk when they are several factors against you. #1, Bearden and Farragut didn't play Brentwood this year, so we don't know who actually is better. #2, my research reveals that your beloved Bruin senior class lost to Bearden in '06 and '07. Bearden 2, Brentwood 0. That is not domination by Brentwood - they were lucky not to run into Bearden or Farragut on their way to the championship in "their" years. #3, Bearden won titles in '01, '02, and '06. Farragut won in '03, '04, and '07. Farragut/Bearden 6, Brentwood 2. #4, The "National Championship" you claim is skewed. Not even half of the boys teams in America play soccer in the Spring. The most competitive states play boys soccer in the Fall. I know Bearden "won" a National Championship a few years back, and Farragut was either runner-up or won one as well. They too were only "National Champions" of the states that actually play soccer during their season. You get my drift? Let someone else blow your horn, son. Futhermore, line up against Bearden or Farragut and actually defeat them on the field - then we'll give you more respect. Until then, East still dominates. I encourage you to praise your team and broadcast to the world how wonderful it feels to win a championship. However, leave the teams who dominate you out of the conversation. I agree and support what Hoya said: East 6, Middle 3. You're half way to breakin even. Good luck next year.

how in the world can u give a national ranking in hs sports? none of these teams play each other. i don't understand how one could know brentwood is better than say the texas state champ. its just impossible to know. someone else has to agree with me

I agree. National rankings in HS sports are a joke.

Oh, please. Great season for Brentwood, without a doubt. Congratulations on your victory. If I were a Bruin player, fan, coach, or parent, I'd be excited too. But ease off the trash talk when they are several factors against you. #1, Bearden and Farragut didn't play Brentwood this year, so we don't know who actually is better. #2, my research reveals that your beloved Bruin senior class lost to Bearden in '06 and '07. Bearden 2, Brentwood 0. That is not domination by Brentwood - they were lucky not to run into Bearden or Farragut on their way to the championship in "their" years. #3, Bearden won titles in '01, '02, and '06. Farragut won in '03, '04, and '07. Farragut/Bearden 6, Brentwood 2. #4, The "National Championship" you claim is skewed. Not even half of the boys teams in America play soccer in the Spring. The most competitive states play boys soccer in the Fall. I know Bearden "won" a National Championship a few years back, and Farragut was either runner-up or won one as well. They too were only "National Champions" of the states that actually play soccer during their season. You get my drift? Let someone else blow your horn, son. Futhermore, line up against Bearden or Farragut and actually defeat them on the field - then we'll give you more respect. Until then, East still dominates. I encourage you to praise your team and broadcast to the world how wonderful it feels to win a championship. However, leave the teams who dominate you out of the conversation. I agree and support what Hoya said: East 6, Middle 3. You're half way to breakin even. Good luck next year.

Wow! I have no dog in this fight, but why are you so angry? Yes, Brentwood did not play Farragut or Bearden, but they did beat everyone on their schedule. Let Brentwood celebrate the fact that they had a perfect season. Neither Bearden or Farragut even made it to state this year, so according to the TSSAA's playoff format Brentwood is the best team. So, if Houston had won the game would you reiterate the fact that they didn't play either of those teams and that Farragut and Bearden are better? Yea, maybe they are better but the fact of the matter remians that neither team made it to state THIS YEAR! Thus, you have no argument.

Let me give you an example of why this is ridiculous. This year LSU won the national championship and did so according to the NCAA format. It just happens that OSU and LSU happen to back into the game, when in actuality Georgia and USC were both playing better football than any other teams at the end of the season. Neither team even played for the national chapionship because they made mistakes during the year that cost them in the end. Now people can argue this point until they are blue in the face, but it doesn't change the fact that LSU is the national champions for 2007. I am not trying to be rude, but I don't understand why you feel that it is necessary to be so derogatory towards the Brentwood team. Bringing up previous statistics, scores, and so forth from seasons gone by really doesn't strengthen your argument and in actuality it seems as if you are living in the past.

To the Brentwood players, coaches, fans, and parents congratulations on an undefeated season and state championship.

how in the world can u give a national ranking in hs sports? none of these teams play each other. i don't understand how one could know brentwood is better than say the texas state champ. its just impossible to know. someone else has to agree with me

i completely agree! i would love to see the "National Champs" play Father Ryan or CBHS....i think both of these teams would give them a serious run for their money...

honestly you never know how good a team stacks up against another because on any given day any team can beat another...plus all teams play opponents differently...