2008 State and National Champs

WhatUpYo

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Catholic isn't and probably won't be. It is very tough to be considered if you are a small school.

In addition, while the NSCAA is a really solid organization, not everyone is a member. I am pretty sure that the NSCAA won't rank a team or consider players for post-season honors (All-Region, etc.) unless either the coach or the school is an NSCAA member. At the small college level this policy has been the cause for a good deal of contraversy. See, http://home.comcast.net/~d3soccer/NSCAA.htm.

Having seen Brentwood, CBHS and Knoxville Catholic play, I would love to have seen matches between those teams, to say nothing of Father Ryan which had a fabulous year as well. I'm curious about why Brentwood doesn't regularly schedule more teams like Father Ryan, BGA, Baylor, McCallie, CBHS, Houston or some of the Knoxville teams (Catholic, CAK, Bearden, Farragut, West, etc.)? Other than a few pre-season matches with JP II during the last few seasons, the Bruins don't seem to meet many of the big boys until the tournament. Most of the established teams seem to really try to seek out top competition during their regular seasons, and I certainly think Brentwood is an established power.

Congratulations to Brentwood on the NSCAA ranking and for the hard fought victory over Houston.

I'm an East TN'er, and a fan of Farragut, Bearden, Catholic, CAK et. al., but the rankings have at least some validity and 24-0 is pretty impressive...and 16 or so consecutive shutouts has got to mean something.

This ranking, and the overall competitiveness of TN soccer (Brentwood won, but I'm sure they would admit they had some tough battles along the way) makes it all the more disappointing to me that no TN soccer player, male or female, was recognized on the Parade All America teams published this morning.

Congratulations to Brentwood on the NSCAA ranking and for the hard fought victory over Houston.

I'm an East TN'er, and a fan of Farragut, Bearden, Catholic, CAK et. al., but the rankings have at least some validity and 24-0 is pretty impressive...and 16 or so consecutive shutouts has got to mean something.

This ranking, and the overall competitiveness of TN soccer (Brentwood won, but I'm sure they would admit they had some tough battles along the way) makes it all the more disappointing to me that no TN soccer player, male or female, was recognized on the Parade All America teams published this morning.

Don't lose any sleep, consider the source.

Look at Soccer Buzz Top 200 players (girls). Not one from TN. Odd when you consider Real Madrid is currently ranked #7 and Fury is currently ranked 18th nationally.

I believe that AAA was down this year due to the fact that you saw teams in the state tournament that you haven't seen in years, or it was their first appearance.

Nevertheless, Brentwood was never tested the whole year, maybe at best 60 minutes out of the 100 plus minutes that they played Houston. If they had played a very gritty Father Ryan team, i am sure that the Irish would have handled the Bruins pretty easily and given them their first loss.

Following up the previous statement, i believe that D2-AA had the best, and most competitive teams

throughout the state. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I believe that AAA was down this year due to the fact that you saw teams in the state tournament that you haven't seen in years, or it was their first appearance.

Nevertheless, Brentwood was never tested the whole year, maybe at best 60 minutes out of the 100 plus minutes that they played Houston. If they had played a very gritty Father Ryan team, i am sure that the Irish would have handled the Bruins pretty easily and given them their first loss.

Following up the previous statement, i believe that D2-AA had the best, and most competitive teams

throughout the state. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Villa, I not sure that AAA was down, I would like to think that it was up with good new talent popping up around the state other than the same old places. There's no doubt that soccer is still growing around the state...Perhaps this was a wake up call to the old guard.

That's a very bold thing to say, considering that Brentwood was challenged at the Southern Soccer Challenge down in Huntsville where they beat nationally ranked teams from Oklahoma, Georgia, and Alabama of which all were looking for some recognition from people throughout the country.

This can't be the same team that tied Collierville could it?

Careful how loud you bang your drum. We just can't hear it.

This can't be the same team that tied Collierville could it?

Yeah that's the one, but i believe that Father Ryan one state that year. Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me.

Note: The last three years that Father Ryan one state, so did Brentwood. 1998, 2005, and 2008.

That's pretty weird. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Yeah that's the one, but i believe that Father Ryan one state that year. Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me.

Note: The last three years that Father Ryan one state, so did Brentwood. 1998, 2005, and 2008.

That's pretty weird. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Still can't hear you. Bang louder.

What was Brentwood's record this year?

And when Brentwood beats Independence 5-0 they then take them to golden goal in overtime and cant score a goal... Brentwood's level of play dropped as the season went on.. I also agree that the Father Ryan team would have handed them their first loss.. Brentwood should be happy this was their first year in a long time they didnt have FRHS scheduled in.

i mean yeah the goal differential for those games was down but that was the third time that brentwood had played indy in a period of 3 weeks and had already beaten them twice. i don't think their level of play dropped, i think they just got cocky and tired of playing indy and thought they could cruise through the game. and brentwood was scheduled to play father ryan at the hendersonville tourney but the whole tourney got rained out. i think brentwood would have definatly won that game though