A/AA Cross Country

flatline17

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm predicting a 6th or 7th place finish for Collegedale. FRA will probably fall out of the top 5 (for once) if stealth is correct about the quality diminishing.

Macon County should be ever improving some more.

Musick will be on a tear to lead Lipscomb back to the top.

USJC remains loaded. They need a 5th guy to do anything though.

Could a surprise team pop up out of the blue and take the state by storm?

I'm predicting a 6th or 7th place finish for Collegedale. FRA will probably fall out of the top 5 (for once) if stealth is correct about the quality diminishing.

Who does DL have after Musick though with Johnson and McMeen leaving is what I'm wondering. FRA will need 2 or 3 to step up big time (like drop 2-3 mins off their PR) to be in the top 5 this year, but that's not unheard of... for example King this year from CPA. I'd bet hard USJC will get a 5th guy somewhere out of there with only 1 guy leaving. Macon Co. should be interesting.

On State being on a Friday now, I have to say that I love it, at least for the schools in Nashville. That basically guarantees a bunch of people coming to watch because they'll get out of school for it, just like in Region and that always helps running in front of a few fellow students.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned sc yet. sc beat macon county in the regional meet(even though they lost to them at state).With only two seniors graduating, their 3rd man and 7th man they return all the rest, with the addition of several freshmen who have gone faster than the 7th man they lost. this year sc should have a top 7 possibly 8 that can go sub 18, and maybe a top 2 or 3 that go sub 17

Are they actually good?

Is Musick still running? He didnt do anything during track? Where is he?

Macon County could do something with their up-front attack.

USJC could easily take it if they put someone in that fifth spot ,but who do they have to do that?

Station Camp should be given some consideration for a top four spot.

Collegedale is a slightly watered down version of some of our teams from 5-10 years ago. They are pretty deep and have a tight group. It depends on how they train in the summer, which I cannot attest to.

Musick recently competed in the North American Pool Running Championships, taking 1st in his age division (U-19) and 5th overall. A great run by him. He should be back on grass in the fall.

Station Camp is a good mention. Back when the state meet was on the "Bumbi" course, it took 5 guys under 17 minutes to win state. In the past 2 years, its taken more like 5 guys under 18, which is fairly comparable to the conversion to the old course. This last year, USJC and MLK all put 5 guys under (MLK had 6 actually) and David Lipscomb's 5th guy was 18:02. In the coming years, its going to take 5 under 17:45 or :40. 2 front runners is virtually required with the other 3 needing to come in the top 25 (for sure).

Collegedale is a slightly watered down version of some of our teams from 5-10 years ago. They are pretty deep and have a tight group. It depends on how they train in the summer, which I cannot attest to.

Collegedale is deep and usually a pack running team but they did loose 3 of their top 5 to graduation. Their region is kinda weak so even if they reload well I don't see them doing too well at state.

Looks like you'll be the lone ranger in a/aa until state, conigs, do you see anybody coming up to stay on your shoulder through 3 miles?