A/AA Cross Country

flatline17

Cross country scoring mkes it completely unfair.

i say it should be done with a total time instead of

the place/points thing

That's absurd, how is it not fair? If five runners come through before another team's five runners then that other team is better.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If cross country were scored on aggregate time, then a single good runner with a weak team could, in theory, win a title. At the very least, a team with a weak 5th could overcome him. Scoring places accentuates the team aspect of the sport ... and a team has to be at least 5 deep.

lipscomb lost their 1 and 3 man, and i would never count FRA out, they just grow runners at their school

ill be honest FRA has a few good runners left but its definately not enough they were dissappointed with the unfortunate 6th place finish this year but this year i would think they would take it with open arms

we had 4 solid runners last year if we all had a good day at state we could of done some major damage to bad

• 2 weeks later...

and only one mention thus far of MLK.

they lost 1 and 3, with 4 guys returning already sub 18, ask me today, and i'd give them the title.

but all the usual contenders are doing exactly that.

Lipscomb has one returning under 17 and 3 right at or under 18 so there are no guaranteed titles. just hard work

• 4 weeks later...